“Good fun”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Good fun”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We travelled at night with a group with hired bikes. Good fun and it rained for a while. It was great, and some of us had a real blast. It was a good outing, and hopefully this time if I had a chance, I will try to get in early. I couldn’t see much though, but the surroundings were very lovely, quiet and calm, hard to describe.

1 Thank Shaun J

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Panjim, India
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“.. only if words could explain..”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I fall short of words when I talk about Sinhgad fort. Having stayed in Pune for 3 years during my college life, I have been to this man made wonder several times. The fort is beautiful, the climate is unbelievable and what makes it special is the food. A roasted corn, some kulfi, some zunka bhakar with hot tea. Wow.. As I write this review, I feel the urge to plan my next visit.

When you reach on top of the fort, you feel something eternal. It is moving. I go speechless. I spend days just looking at the fog coming from the valley.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Giriraj P
Pune, India
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 132 helpful votes
“Lions Fort”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Tanaji Statue, Relics, Flora and Fauna. One I saw a leopard (offcourse) being carried down the fort by locals. Zunka Bhakari is best. So also the trek by NDA cadets as Sunday workout or as a punishment. Visit to dip in the history.

1 Thank Nilraj B
Calcutta, West Bengal, India
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Not much of the fort left”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Preservation is pretty poor. Doordarshan is using this historic site as a broadcast centre. They have erected a tower and have a generator going 24/7. There are some gates etc left and a few temples, but don't expect too much. Tilak's Bungalow is also here, but that is also in bad shape. Be prepared to climb and walk around a lot. Must try kanda-vada and baingan ka bharta at the top of the fort. You can get some great views from the top and the place is great for photography if you get clear weather. It's also quiet a bit colder than Pune city because it's much higher. All in all, if you're not going there with very high expectations, you will be happy.

Pune, India
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great week end destination..”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Many people make a day visit to this place..I actually had an overnight stay at Sinhagad fort and it was indeed a very memorable one...also rather than driving to the top of the fort, it is more exciting if you climb. As it is rightly said..the excitement lies in the journey and not in the destination...must add both the journey and destination were amazing..excellent food, amazing view and budget accomodation..worth every penny..

2 Thank amitd16_enjoy