“Best in hospitality and client service”

Crowne Plaza Pune City Centre
Ranked #15 of 219 Hotels in Pune
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I am a Platinum Marriott Rewards member and have stayed in various Marriott hotels across the globe. In terms of hospitality and customer service this is the best. I wonder how they select and train the staff. I found all staff - no exception - courteous, willing to go extra mile, prompt and understanding exactly what's required yet not intrusive.

I was upgraded so the room was even better. Rooms are spacious, clean, well kept and well serviced.

Thanks Marriott City Centre Pune team. I look forward to stay with you again.

Only minor note if I had to - "happy hour" for platinum members is a bit awkward and seems complicated though I did not use it.

Room Tip: if you get an upgrade nothing like it
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Vineet M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Pune City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the lovely review. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Your comments have strongly motivated the entire team. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stayed here several time this year. Front Desk is excellent. But Momo Cafe lacks Marriott Standards. No Business center, Executive Lounge for Platinum / Gold Members. Ideal Location in the Posh Locality of Pune. Elevators don't have secured access any stranger can go to any Floor.
Basically F&B is not up to Marriott Standard.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Chota R
Vineet M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Pune City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your review on Tripadvisor. All inconvenience is highly regretted by our team. We would be grateful if you could share your contact details with us so we can get in touch with you for your feedback on the F&B offerings at MoMo Café. We would also like to take this opportunity to share that Evviva Sky Lounge, our rooftop bar with a great view, music and food and drink options, is now open on level 8. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Jai Chugh – Director of Food & Beverages

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stayed at the property in June for 4-5 nights. Checked in late and was tired. Check-in was quick and superb and the staff was extremely gracious. I was upgraded (thank you) so the executive suite was extremely spacious and had all the possible amenities.

Staff was fantastic and always eager to help and support. That made the stay a delight. Only issue or where they need to improve : variety in food and more restaurant options. Bfast was the same with not much change in the menu. With only 1 restaurant available there was limited choice w.r.t ala carte dishes. Secondly, they offered complimentary cocktails but had run out of Vodka. Very surprising !

Apart from that - a good place and a repeat stay. Maybe I would carry my own Vodka the next time !

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade !
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank MagIndia
Vineet M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Pune City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to write this review. We are very happy our staff has made your stay a delightful experience.

With regards to your feedback on the food and breakfast in particular, our F&B team will definitely look into the matter.

We regret the inconvenience caused and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Nice Hotel, Nice Location, most importantly the staff will give you that additional personal touch and take just additional care to make the stay comfortable. The rooms are good and well maintained. The hotel is clean in every part.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Yuvraj Vijay Patil
Vineet M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Pune City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear Yuvraj,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are very glad you had a comfortable stay with us. Hope to be at your service again in the future.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

As a corporate customer at this property, I have normally enjoyed my stay here. The location is also more central than the JW Marriott. However, I immediately questioned my choice when I checked in and the hotel is still semi-finished like 18 months ago when it first opened. The facility is actually in pretty bad shape, the elevator door is all scratched, the security key slot does not work and the door to the fitness center is just a big hole. Also,if you are an elite member, be careful when you use the executive lounge. There is actually no executive lounge and you will simply be seated in the MoMo Cafe on the lobby level. You will have to order everything, including drinks, off of the standard menu and pay, yes pay for them... Being a Platinum member, I decided to go to the evening cocktail hour for some snacks/drinks before going out. Ordered some water and had a small plate of pasta alfredo and was charged for these. Apparently, only certain sections of the spread was free... but no one seems to know what they were or bothered to advise me when I sat down so I ended up staring at a bill for a bottle of water and the dinner buffet. Good thing I didn't have any beer. Management has a lot of work to do to bring this place up to Marriott standard. Pune is full of 4/5 star hotels now and if you can't perform, you will have to close.

2  Thank Woodbury729

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time out to share this feedback with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for your experience.

I have addressed all your points with my team as soon as they were brought to my attention, during your stay itself. As assured to you in in my email communication necessary corrective measures will be implemented.

We do hope you will give us a chance to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel on business trips to Pune every time over the past couple of years. Really nice and convenient hotel with friendly staff and great service. Always feels like home from home to me!

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Calvin,

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. Such feedback is very encouraging for the entire team.
We are glad you had a great experience staying with us and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

The hotel has a great location and overall well built but it is ageing and some of the maintenance is slack. The toilet door would not close in the room i stayed and the breakfast was pretty bad. None of the items were tasty and there was a piece of egg shell in a medu vada. Though it is not a big deal, it just reflects on the level of hygiene they maintain. The staff are amazingly friendly and helpful but the chef needs to do a better job with breakfast

1  Thank MohanS2
Vineet M, Director of F & B at Crowne Plaza Pune City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Mohan,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We sincerely regret all the inconvenience caused.
Also please accept our apologies regarding the food quality – be rest assured we are investigating the situation.

Request you to please send us your contact details to cy.pnqcy.dir.f&b@courtyard.com so we can get in touch with you.

Jai Chugh