Stayed at the 4Points by Sheraton,Pune for one night.The hotel is situated on Nagar Road which is where most of the new hotels are situated in Pune.Close to the airport.The structure is huge and spacious.Check in was a breeze.We did an online booking via one of the travel portals.A point to note here is that if bookings are done via any thirdy party travel portals,then there are no points earned for the stay on the SPG(Starwood)loyalty program.Its quite a dumb rule as per me and is just a shady way to get people to book via the hotel websites at a higher rate.
The Front office goofed up initially when we were alloted a smoking room(even though the booking was for a NS room) and on entry into the room,we were greeted by thick smoke(courtesy the previous guests who probably had checked in just before we checked in?)When this was brought to the notice of the Front Office staff,they quickly made amends and alloted us a room in a different floor.No problems here.
The room is well appointed as expected along the lines of a Starwood hotel and is no way less than a 5 star hotel' room.Though I must admit,we would have been satisfied in case they made sure the room was made up for double occupancy as the booking was for DBL.All the amenities were for a single person and after a while we gave up calling housekeeping for every single thing as it was getting too tedious and embarassing.Imagine we pay money and then we are made to feel embarassed.How much does it take for a hotel to iron out these small things.I guess these small things are what makes one hotel stand out from another.It doesnt take much for a simple flow of information from reservation to housekeeping to ensure that a room is set out for a double.
We went down to the restaurant for lunch.Looks like a severe staff crunch.There was just one staff attending to close to 5 tables and he was the only one in the restaurant.There were close to 3 "manager" who kept instructing the poor guy,but never thought that they could do the service themselves.This was a common trait in the hotel,the hotel has way too many suited guys(I assume they are supervisors or asst managers)who keep walking around with an air of importance but the hotel actually lacks in ground staff who actually do the work of laying out tables/clearing tables/serving etc.The faster they work on this issue,the better for them.
The menu was uninspiring.They had a set-menu arrangement for lunch with desserts on the buffet table.Our order took ages to come.Dishes tasted good.
Dinner was again in the restaurant and they had some kind of a barbecue night.The barbecues were pretty boring if I can be blunt.A refresher course at Barbecue Nation can be a good idea for the menu designers!
Sleep quality was good.No external noise coming inside.Breakfast was good as well.Checkout was a breeze as well.Valet parking was efficient and security at the hotel is also pretty tight.
Overall a lovely hotel,excellent rooms,a can-do-better set of restaurants.
Would come back to this place if we happen to be in the vicinity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Great Location. Welcome to the Four Points by Sheraton Pune, Nagar Road. We're conveniently located only 5 kilometers from the airport, and we're easily accessible to the city's commercial and entertainment centers. We're an ideal choice for business or pleasure when visiting the area, and offer an array of amenities designed to make you feel at home. Comfy & Convenient. Each of our 217 guest rooms and suites offer High Speed Internet Access, the comfy Four Points by Sheraton Four Comfort™ Bed, and free bottled water. Plus, for longer stays or larger parties, our 48 self-contained studios and 1 bedroom residences will be the perfect solution. Everything You Need. Have a frosty pint in The Best Brew Pub or sample Pan Asian fare at our all day dining option: Panash Restaurant. Other conveniences include a spa, gym, and swimming pool. We also offer a business center for our corporate guests. If business brings you to the area, our seven flexible meeting rooms and 1140 square meters of function space will meet your needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Points By Sheraton, Pune reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton, Pune
- Four Points By Sheraton, Pune Hotel Pune