“Kwality time!!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have dined at Kwality since over a decade and I have visited them in Mumbai and Calcutta, this was my first time at Pune. One thing I can surely say I was in awe when I entered this place. I was awed by the exterior too and I chose this place over other dining options on the busy East Street. The interiors are indeed very beautiful with wall painting on the dome, artifacts, etc. Even the furniture is all wood. If you keen to have a good time then take the tables in the middle of the restaurant or the ones lined along the window. Other tables along the wall are the ones which have a sofa though but would be usually offered to groups as they can be joined. we luckily missed one group as we were the early diners.

We ordered a house specialty main course and didn't find it to be too extra ordinary (chicken Batti), the dal makhani was good and so were the portion sizes not too small not too large. The roti's came the way we wanted them and the service was good. Since it was a quick lunch missed on starters and desserts.

what did put me off a bit was the washrooms for guests were being used by staff and one had to wait outside. what shocked me more was that there was a power drop and the restaurant took a good while to get the backup on...someone who is paranoid of darkness would panic...also wonder if the scene was same in the kitchen...what all would be getting into your soup in the darkness??

Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is one of the famous old Restaurants in Pune, where the Indian food is of very high quality.

The menu is extensive, the staff courteous, pricing just right and food taste the best..

Having maintained the high standards for so many years the management deserves an award for consistent quality of food and service over so many decades....

Must visit this Restaurant when in Pune city....

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Good food but the spices were harsh specially the pindi channa had a distinct harsh flavor of a spice which got the throat of most of us
over all expensive good ambience and relatively good food

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Kwality is one of the older restaurants in Pune, which have been done up time and again with some new design in the interior dome and the walls. We went there last sunday and realized how big a rip off it was and how we would have been better off had we gone to a 5 star buffet place.

We ordered for 3 drinks, 1 soup, 2 starters and 4 rotis, 2 subji. & 3 deserts. Imagine the bill, it was 3100 INR ! Impossible cost !

The starter and subjis were mediocre and not great. The deserts were good but certainly not worth its cost

Reviewed June 17, 2013

The ambiance was nice. Liked the paintings in the dome above. The place was a little cramped up with the tables not very far from each other. Decent food. A little over prices though. Loved the "Paan Shot" which is dessert ( Vanilla Ice cream Mixed with Paan Masala and as the name suggest served in a "shot" glass. hence the portion is too little. keeps wanting for more. If not for the food, I will definitely visit the restaurant for the shot.

1  Thank Nadia d