“a business hotel well managed....”

JW Marriott Hotel Pune
Ranked #4 of 222 Hotels in Pune
Kolhapur, India
“a business hotel well managed....”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

truly a well managed business hotel in the city. well my stay was just a leisure one, 2 days of pure bliss. we didnt move out of the hotel. we had a package which included breakfast n dinner. our room was a standard room, in which the space provided was sufficient, very well laid out floor plan, offered us city view. clean room with a goood comfy bed, which gives good quality sleep. the AC running well. the bathroom was clean n hygenic, good toiletries provided. it had a tub n a rain shower, a walk in closet. in short all 5 star services n amenities provided.

the hotel is more towards business side as we could see a number of corporates n their events taking place. but that didnt really bother us. our room privacy was maintained. food was outstanding, delicious buffet spread for all meals. i just felt the dessert could have been alil more elaborate, otherwise nothin much to complain. the gym is good, with all standard equipments. the spa is the place not to b missed out. great place to feel totally pampered n relaxed, but do book in advance as it is usually full. the rooftop bar paasha is an amazing place to unwind the day, offers alot, good drinks, views, n good food. usually crowded, so rch early so dat u can find a place. again alot of corporates here, but service is just excellent, n yess very good music. do try their signature dish dal makhni....yummy!

the staff is good, room service is on time, check-in n check out procedure is smooth, location is good, not too far from expressway. overall a hotel woth recommending for both leisure n business.

go ahead n enjoy your stay

Room Tip: even the basic standard room is good enough, cos anyways you would only get views of the city
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jatin K, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Pune, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Raj,

Thank you very much for such a positive feedback. I am glad that you had a wonderful stay.

Your note of appreciation for our facilities and services is very encouraging.

Jatin Khanna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Extremely good hotel …staff is fantastic very very courteous !!! Was there on business work on 13june 2014 !!!!!!highly recommended can't get better service …hats of to the staff they were just brilliant …keep it up team J W marriott pune …Respect

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Jatin K, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Pune, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

Your note of appreciation about our associates is very encouraging and we will definitely share it with them.

Chicago, Illinois, USA
Reviewed July 2, 2014

It was great staying at the JW Marriott Pune. I stay a lot (50+ nights a year) at Marriott properties and I really appreciate the "extra" recognition I got over here. The staff is very courteous and rooms are very clean and modern. The morning buffet breakfast is excellent and the servers take great care of you. The executive lounge here easily has the best food variety I have even seen at any Marriott property.

Room Tip: Get a room with lounge access.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Your note of appreciation about our facilities, food and associates is very encouraging .

India
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I have known this Hotel, since it's earlier Avatar as Marriott Hotels in Pune. I am in Pune almost every month & always stay here. Incidentally I checked into this Hotel as Marriott n Checked out from JW Marriott when they changed over. I am always impressed by their quality of service whether its the Lounge, Restaurants or all other services. They have the Best Rooms, Service & Food in Pune, period! Great job n Keep it up.

Room Tip: Ask for the City view; if you can get room nos ending with 01 or 02 it's Bliss
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Sukumar,

Thank you very much for such a positive feedback. I am glad that you have been having a wonderful stay each time you visit us.

I would like to thank you for your note of appreciation of our facilities and services. We have also made a note of your room preference.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Great modern hotel at a very reasonable price. Food OK, however roof top bar epic, with fantastic atmosphere and views.

Breakfast good with plenty of verity. Unfortunately some American influence on the food and found the curry pizza a bit much. House wine good, however would recommend the Barolo.

Room Tip: Higher the better
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Jatin K, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Pune, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Mike,

Thank you very much for a positive feedback.

I am glad that you had a wonderful experience at Paasha and enjoyed the breakfast spread.

We have also made a note of your feedback regarding the food.

Hitchen
Reviewed June 29, 2014

It is difficult for me to say enough good things about the service I recieved from this hotel. I was in Pune for less than 24 hours - tasked with interviewing 4 canidiates for our Indian expansion plans. I landed from Delhi at 11:15am. Was in the back of their hotel car by 11:30am. Walked into the reception desk at just past noon. Requested I be upgraded to a suite so I could do my interviews. Instead the front desk suggested I hire a confernece room in their 23rd floor Business Centre. Tossed my bags into the room, was in the conference centre by 12:15pm. My first interview arrived at 12:30pm. All afternoon the staff at the Business Centre acted as my personal assistant - announcing the next arrival, arranging for lunch to be served, arranging for tea & coffee, assisting with the AV setup. Late in the day, rang downstairs and arranged a car to drive me to Mumbai the next day. This series of meetings would not have been as well run in New York or London. If you are looking for a business hotel in Pune, the JW Marriott simiply cannot be topped.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Jatin K, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Pune, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Brian,

Thank you very much for such a positive feedback.

I am glad that you had a wonderful stay and that we could execute your meeting requirements effectively.

I would like to thank you for your special appreciation of our associates. We shall most definitely share your feedback with them which I’m sure will go a long way in motivating them.

Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the JW for 5 weeks from May 2014 to June 2014 and there was nothing I could fault. At the end of the stay it was a bittersweet feeling about leaving.

The staff at the front office are fantastic we were checked in and in our rooms in no time. The rooms were spacious, clean and the view from the 21st floor was gorgeous. Gaytri and her team always have a smile on their face and no request was too much.

The housekeeping staff had fresh flowers, chocolates etc every single day. Made our stay more special.

The staff at the in house restaurant Spice Kitchen were stellar. Sujit, Allen, Ganesh and Aatish took amazing care of us. Everything from getting take away desserts and organizing a fantastic dinner for our colleagues was done smoothly and without any complaints.

The chefs at Spice Kitchen Chef John, Chef Mayur, Chef Aniket and Chef JK went the extra mile with our brekkie orders, making a khada when I was sick and making some yummy treats for my ever hungry tummy.

Last but not the least the staff at Pasha Kamlesh, Tushar, Prajwal & Vikas made Friday night drinks memorable and helped reduce any work related stress.

Thanks JW for making this an effortlessly fantastic stay. Definitely home away from home.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank classyleo
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for such a positive feedback.

I am glad that you had a wonderful stay .

Your note of appreciation about our services and associates is very encouraging and we will definitely share it with them.