“Great stay!”

JW Marriott Hotel Pune
Ranked #3 of 222 Hotels in Pune
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is one of the best options in Pune city... Fantastic rooms, clean well decorated.... Beautiful Lobby though very but throughout the day and even late at night. Great location I the heart of the city...excellent restaurants... Good Indian restaurant...

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,862)

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Stayed here for two nighs this week. Service was excellent, room was spotless, quiet and had everything you need. Spice Kitchen excellent for breakfast and buffet dinner. Pasha wonderful for dinner.Would not hesitate to return. For a business hotel is surprisingly intimate and relaxing.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I'd previously written about the Westin Koregaon, which is an excellent hotel.

There are, however, a couple of things that do bug me about the Westin.
a) No complimentary internet. It's "complimentary" only if you pay for an executive upgrade (same room, just access to the lounge and internet access.)
b) The spa treatment is ok. A couple of times, I've been bitten pretty badly by mozzies.
c) Food is a little pricey, for decent quality. Value isn't quite there.
d) Service is good from a couple of staff, but the quality varies hugely.

In contrast, our stay at the Pune Marriott was really awesome.
a) Since I'd signed up as a Marriott Rewards member, I automatically got complimentary internet access. Small perk, but important since I've a trailing spouse who works remotely from the hotel room while I'm on business.
b) The Quan spa treatment was the best I've had in India. Awesome. (Recommended therapist: Kiwi.)
c) Ridiculously excellent quality food. The buffet spread is great for breakfast and lunch. The mutton pulao at Paasha (top floor restaurant) is to-die-for. PBC has some pretty amazing coffee and pastries. And the pricing of it all is usually CHEAPER than similar products/restaurants in Westin.
d) Amazing service. We first saw that our room didn't have a second pair of slippers, and I called housekeeping for a pair. When housekeeping came, I asked if they polished shoes: the lady said to call the Service number, and someone else will come by. 10 seconds after I closed the door, another chap was at the door asking to collect my shoes for polishing! He said he happened to overhear my conversation, and decided to pop by and get my shoes for polishing. We had a couple of other similar incidents like this, where the staff took the initiative and made the experience and stay really enjoyable.

Definitely going back again.

Room Tip: Ask for city view rooms on the higher floors.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

,Amenities in room: 4 out of 5,
,Air conditioning: 4 out of 5,
,View from hotel: 4 out of 5,
,Service: 2 out of 5, "short on service,
They don’t believe in serving water to customers at restaurant
Multiple follow-up's needed once you place the order."
wondering how they will serve if i get my business clients for breakfast
,Food: 4 out of 5,
,Cleanliness 4 out of 5,
,Conference rooms NA out of 5,
,Lobby 5 out of 5,
,Value for Money 4 out of 5,
,Checkout Experience out of 5,
,Additional Comments:
Miami club is a cool club here

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2013

This hotel has a lot going for itself: good location, spacious rooms with modern decor, good dining options - Spice Kitchen, PBC & Pasha, but most of all the great service from all the staff, very friendly and ready to help.This was my second stay here and probably I will come back soon.

Room Tip: The higher floors have great views of Pune
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Aquariius
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Very comfortable stay and the bonus was that I got to see something of Pune and use the spa which is very rare on business trips.
Marriott was the usual high standard you would expect from this chain - rooms were very comfortable and I'd actually happily trade in my bed for this one. Breakfast had a wide variety of choice and excellent service, being greeted each morning and offered hot drinks, juice etc even when it was very busy - this is something many hotels struggle to be consistent with. Overall food options were great - particularly enjoyed the Italian restaurant - very generous portions of my favourite parma ham!

Spa was very nice - really enjoyed my massage although some relaxing background music would have been nice. Didn't get to use the pool but nice view of it from my window. Roof top bar was fantastic too - seems such as waste they don't open during the day, especially at weekends. I would really have enjoyed lunch or early drink up there but they were very strict about opening the bar at 6.30.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Pune is a crowded Indian CIty and this hotel is located in the heart of the IT and software district. As soon as you drive through the gate, you are a world apart from what is happening on the street. It is quiet and beautiful with very attentive staff. Every detail is looked after and the room was comfortable and well appointed. As a speaker I was given a lovely bouquet of flowers and when my housekeeper Santosh saw them he brought me a big glass vase and put the flowers on display. We chartered a hotel car for two different events and the driver was gracious and, against all odds in India, got us to our two venues without a scratch.

The food in the lobby restaurant (I think it is the Spice Room) was very tasty and safe to eat. The breakfast buffet was more than ample and well laid out.

Oh - the SHOWER! I was confused at first because I was looking for the shower in the big glass door bathtub room, then I discovered the the shower was a rain forest head in the middle of the room. The whole room was a shower! It was excellent.

This was a great experience, and I wouldn't stay anywhere else if I return to Pune.

Room Tip: A high floor gives you some acoustic distance from the constant honking horns in India.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business