“Wouldn't stay anywhere else”

JW Marriott Hotel Pune
Ranked #4 of 223 Hotels in Pune
Windsor, Canada
“Wouldn't stay anywhere else”
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Being a westerner from Canada-United States this place makes you feel welcome and that you are not in India. Service is excellent - I would compare it to a smaller Vegas style hotel. Take a walk for about 30 minutes outside of the hotel if you want to experience real India - you'll rush right back to the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank SPEDFREQ

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Pune, India
Reviewed March 6, 2013

hi its awesome It is one the best hotel for Business & Conventions. A Well made hotel with an excellent roof top bar n restaurant. It has a good executive floor as well. Staff needs more training to be at par with expected standards. One of the Best Spas ever visited. A must for every visitor.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed at Marriot for 12 nights. My initial idea was to stay at courtyard and I was wrongly booked at convention centre.

I somehow found the place very annoying. Though while handing over the keys I was assured that I would have a pleasent stay, but it came with lot of hiccups.

Food-> Is very basic and nothing to cherish about. I can say that atleast none of the India dishes are authentic or even close to the taste.Choices are limited especially on breakfast.

Ambience->Place is calm and clean. Though I didnt see Marriot other than my room. Room though was good.

Service-> Well there are a lot of things which Marriot could improve here.
day1-> I found my locker open and there was no report done to security by house keeping.
On enquiry I didnt get any definative answer, though I couldnt find anything missing.
A appology note with a pastry was left in my room the following day. Pastry was left there for 3 days to rot.
And yes some flower, which were not removed till they died and I have to ask someone to remove them.
day3-> My room door was open!!!
Another apology letter from front desk manager who want to speak personally to understand the issue, she never appeared.

There were a lot of people who talked apologised, but it never got somehow reflecte in delivery.

I had fruits and apple which were left in room, I reckon they were hadly replenished. I dare to try twice and one of them was rotten.

Food initially was served cold but later it came with an table with hot container!!
Left with no choice I dined at Marriot almost all nights ... and only once I liked the food.

Till the last moment, I was chased with "What can we do for you" and "Hope things are better", when mostly nothing changed.

Given a choice I may still try the place ... but with very low expectations!!!!!

Room Tip: Top floor definately comes with a view of Pune.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Excellent Hotel. I stayed in room 2312. Overlooking the Pune skyline. Reception area very clean and I was welcomed with a glass of some exotic juice. Very friendly and accomodating staff. Room was very clean, lovely powerful shower. Very clean bathroom. Altro Vino Italian resturant is very good. I had grilled fish. It was perfect. They have a good choice of wine. Service in resturant was excellent. Spice kitchen- brakefast is probably the best brakefast choice I ever had. People were very helpful. Cost of the room as compare to some of the other hotels I have stayed is very good. Spa is wonderful. - Almost one of the best hotel I stayed.

Room Tip: Pick a room with the view of the city.
1 Thank Amarjit M
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed February 25, 2013

One of the Best Spas ever visited. A must for every visitor.

Room Tip: Mountain side rooms are good. Worth living on executive floor if one is gonna spend time in the hote...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Had attended a conference here. The Ball room is magnanimous. It's a royal look and the room is broader enabling a good view for everyone. The buffet spread was nice and tasty,
The rooms on the top floor gives a good aerial view of the city. The one drawback is the sliding door for bathrooms when you are on shared acco. This is never comfortable..

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms give a good aerial view of Pune.
bangalore
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I just returned from my trip to Pune and was there at Marriot for 2 nights. I had a smoking room but realized that the room could not recirculate the smoke. I was sleeping in a room full of smoke all night. They allow breakfast till 11 AM, one can be relaxed and wake up late. Their food spreads in buffet had pretty much everything you can imagine. I won't rate their service to be best as one of my colleague had stomach ache on the last night, we asked for medicine and to our surprise the hotel refused saying that they don't keep any medication as it may lead to reaction. Apart from above two experiences, everything was just too good. The view, location, promptness in serving to the room, breakfast buffet, Rajasthani food festival etc. The one thing that you may not like to miss is PASHA - I have never experienced anything like that before. This is an open bar on the 24th floor terrace and is just fabulous. Perfectly romantic, breezy and you can pretty much have a great view of the entire city. You should ask the bartender to recommend you for starters, we had something in potato and the other one in chicken - it was just superb!
Value for money: I would still give them 4/5 as I could see before selecting this place that every other property in Pune was way cheaper than Marriot. Marriot was minimum 50% more than the rates per night for other locations in the city.

Room Tip: Room with the pool view.
1 Thank abhijeet