- This is the best business hotel in Pune, hands down. The main rival for best, the Westin, is almost as good but not quite, on all fronts
- Rooftop bar is fantastic and unique
- Rooms are huge, very well appointed, super clean, with great beds, a good layout. Overall, rooms are exceptionally good
- The common parts are very nice and new, including the pool area
- The restaurants are very good, but are not as good as at the Westin - both the Indian and the Italian
- Service is an issue, like almost everywhere in India. Here is probably better than most places so probably should not even be a con. However one thing I find particularly irritating of this one hotel is how obsessively present members of staff are. Obtrusive is the word. Almost comically so. I had a waiter once try to snatch a wine bottle from me to prevent me to pour it myself. I was once walking around the pool, swimsuit on, some bloke literally runs to me and asks: "can I help you, sir?" - to do what... jump into the water? As you walk into the lobby, at least three or four people come to you to greet you each time, simultaneously. Whenever you are walking in a common part it seems there's an entourage of people following you and demanding interaction by asking you constantly if you need help. OK this is India and it's like this everywhere, but I do find the Marriott Pune particularly so, which is stressful.
On the whole, this is a great hotel, one of the best Marriotts I have stayed in, and I would not stay anywhere else in Pune.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located near the Pune airport and Mumbai-Pune expressway, the JW Marriott Pune features outstanding amenities and flawlessly integrated eco-friendly enhancements awarded with LEED Gold certification. For guests traveling on business, our hotel's amenities include wireless connectivity, large desks with ergonomic chairs, in-room vaults for laptops & valuables and cooked-to-order breakfasts to help you start the day. With almost 40,000 sq ft of meeting space our hotel can accommodate up to 2,000 guests. The hotel also offers ideal access to many tourist attractions, including historic forts, museums, shopping districts and hill stations. Guests at our the hotel can also enjoy an array of delectable options just steps from their door including contemporary international fare, Italian cuisine, specialty vegetarian creations, and North Indian delicacies. Discover extraordinary style and service at JW Marriott Pune. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your JW Marriott Hotel Pune reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pune Marriott Hotel And Convention Centre