“Great Hotel, more so when you are on a day trip to Pune”
Review of Hyatt Regency Pune

Hyatt Regency Pune
Ranked #7 of 222 Hotels in Pune
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Hyatt Regency, Pune doesn't disappoint you. It is all the things you expect from a Hyatt. Elegant, extremely well laid out rooms balancing luxury and functionality and more than all else, outstanding service quality. Hyatt gracefully passed my 'all night dinning' test when I ordered a byte at 1 am. If they can hold the response quality, speed and service quality for room service at 1 am, I give them full marks and Hyatt did great.

Mine was a day trip to Pune with a 630 am flight the next morning. Hyatt was perfect. Check in at the end of the work day and have them drop you off at the airport which is sub 5 minute away. Great rooms, service quality and good food thrown in between makes this a perfect business travel hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Ashish K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pune, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Guest,
I thank you for your comment on Trip Advisor and we are extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Do visit us again and give us the opportunity to exceed your expectation once again.
Director of Rooms

Write a ReviewReviews (1,229)

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I've just returned home from my second stay at this fine property, which is located well if your company is on the side of Pune near Eon Centre's new high tech corridor.

Service and staff was as high a level as it was before, very pleased.

What I was NOT pleased about is a room on the road facing side -- there is constant noise of cars/lorries/horns day and night. I would strongly you DEMAND in your booking to not be on that side of the property.

To the hotel manager, you really need silence the rooms better please....

Room Tip: Must request room NOT facing main roads
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
I have noted your comments on noise level and we shall definitely on the same. For us to update your profile I request you to write to me directly with your details and I shall have your profile updated so that in your next visit we allocate you a quiet room. I apologies for this inconvenience caused.
ashish.kumar@hyatt.com

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency, Pune in January, 2013 for 5 nights. I was very impressed with the hotel in general, the quality of the rooms, and the overall luxury. The gym area was very modern and spacious besides having high quality equipment. The one thing that was disappointing as a business traveller was that there is no wi-fi in the room price. The breakfast menu is vast and was very enjoyable though the restaurant menu for dinner is a bit limited. Overall, a good experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Ashish K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pune, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Pune and I thank you for your comment on rip Advisor.

At the onset let me thank you for giving us your feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am happy to learn that we were able to live up to your expectation, in most of the attributes. Your ratings really mean a lot to us and your comments about our staff is highly motivating, this is how we in hospitality service keep our spirits high and continuously strive to provide seamless and intuitive service. We have noted your comment on internet pricing. I would like to keep you informed that for all our club category rooms intenet is a part ofprice. For base category we are definitely working on the same and I assure you we shall conclude and many of our guests have voiced the same.

I look forward to welcome you soon. Shoul dyou require any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.
Best regards

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I have not stayed at this hotel, and this review relates to the restaurant La Terreza and the spa Arogya that I visit frequently.

La Terreza that has now been refurbished as a trattoria is probably one of the 2 best Italian places in Pune along with Prego at the Westin. However ,like almost all Italian restaurants in India (with the exception of the Diva in Delhi), they tend to compromise sometimes to suit the Indian palate, and as a result they lose out on their authenticity. The minestrone soup with a pesto flavoring here is one of the best I have had any where in the world, The caprese salad and a couple of pastas and other salads are also excellent. However, avoid anything that even smacks of 'spicy' (jalapenos, arrabiata, etc.) because these dishes are meant for the Indian taste and are terrible. The pizzas are touch and go. If they use genuine mozzarella (similar to what is used in the caprese salad), the pizza turns out good. If not, they compromise and cut corners and use the parmesan or some other cheaper cheese (since majority of Indians are clueless about mozzarella) and get away with it. In that case, the pizzas are avoidable. Also, they can be very cute (again as most dining establishments in India), having reduced the size of the pizza from the standard 12" to the baby "10". This is their way of course to make sure they continue to make money. The wine selection here is good and not too outrageously priced, and in fact the new Trattoria pricing is also very reasonable for this level of dining.

However, this restaurant (and perhaps the hotel itself) has a problem. Twice I went with guests for dinner in response to an offer that was publicly advertised and distributed, and in both cases they refused to honor it causing a lot of embarrassment. In the first case, they refused to honor a 3 course meal offer for Rs. 600 saying it was only meant for lunch (the offer did not say that). In the second case they refused to offer a 15% discount offer with Citibank credit card saying they were not aware of the offer. These were very embarrassing situations, and in both cases they were at fault. A good hotel would have offered some form of compensation, but not this one!

Arogya is probably one of the best spas in town, specially if you can snag either one of their own offers for a treatment or get it from Times Deal. Along with the steam and sauna that comes with the treatment, it is a great deal. The place is very well equipped and very quiet and relaxing.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,
I thank you for your comments on trip advisor. We have noted all your cooments and please be rest assured that we discussed in an appropriate forum with respective division heads.
We honor your patronage to us.
Ashish

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Visited Hyatt with family for a dinner buffet.

The food spread was just sufficient in comparison to other hotels in the same category where the spread is huge.

The staff was polite, courteous and helpful.

At the price they charge J W Mariott at Senapati Bapat Road will be a better bet.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. We have discussed the same with respective division head to evaluate the buffet as being compared and take necessary course of action.
Your comments do help us to take necessary corrective measure.
I thank you once again and we honor your patronage.
Director fo Rooms

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in a suite.Excellent hotel with great food in their Cafe.Italian restaurant needs some tune ups.Very near Phoenix Mall.Staff was very nice and friendly.Enjoyed their Regency Lounge.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I look forward to welcome you soon. Should you require any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.
Best regards

Reviewed October 19, 2013

My wife and I went to dinner las night at Hyatt Regency's new restaurant, Lat Trattoria. The food was to die for - amazing pizza, seared tuna and beef carpaccio. It was delicious and a great atmosphere.
Terrific value, now too.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

At the onset let me thank you for giving us your feedback on your recent visit with us.
I am happy to learn that we were able to live up to your expectation, while you dined at La Terrazza. Your ratings really mean a lot to us and your comments about our staff and food are highly motivating, this is how we in hospitality service keep our spirits high and continuously strive to provide seamless and intuitive service.
I thank you once again and I wish we are able to exceed your expectation always.