“Very Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 221 Hotels in Pune
London
“Very Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

I recently stayed here for 2 weeks on business and found the hotel to be a welcome escape from the busy pace of Pune. My room was spacious, with a super bed and I found the staff to be very attentive and helpful.

The restaurants had a great selection of food and I even had a massage in the spa, which was very good.

The hotel also has a very good gym (for a hotel). I'd definitely recommend this hotel if you find yourself in Pune.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
sujkum1, General Manager at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time and posting a review for The Westin Pune Koregaon Park. It gives me immense pleasure to learn that your stay at our hotel was a memorable one.

Be Well.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Chennai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

I stayed for one night in this hotel as I could not get accommodation in my favourite hotel JW Marriott in Pune. Even this hotel was full but I managed to get one room at the last minute. The check in process was good and the counter staff were very helpful. The hotel is big and the room was very clean and cozy. The breakfast area is not up to the mark with stains on the sofa and the general quality not matching up to the quality of the room and amenities. The hotel has to definitely improve in this area and provide quality in terms of taste and variety. The sambar and chutney were just ordinary and the poori bhaji was oily. The full cream milk was diluted... I can add a few more things. I am sure these are things that can be improved as this hotel is pricier than other hotels like JW Marriott, Taj Vivanta etc.

Overall, nice stay experience but food/restaurant ambience could have been better.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write a review for The Westin Pune Koregaon Park. It gives me immense pleasure to learn that your stay at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park was a comfortable one.
I will definitely look into your feedback pertaining to the quality and variety of food served at our venues and assure you better standards on your next visit to the hotel.
We look forward to serving you soon.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

There is a rhyme which goes like this,
"Dust Mites, Dust Mite, where have you been? I have been to the Westin Pune to see our Queen".

We went to the Westin for a weekend break having stayed for a night a few months back. This is our experience.

Reservation - The pleasurable experience started with the reservation. Several sites including trip advisor and booking.com showed vacancies, the hotel of course said they were fully booked when you called the call center. I then called the hotel and mentioned that I wanted to request for a room on the higher floor and they said they would call me back by a specified time to confirm. The given timeline elapsed twice with alas no call.

Check - In- When i mentioned my booking experience, I was told that the call center for booking was in Gurgaon so they could not do much about it. As for the confirmation from the hotel, no reason was given. They did say the room was booked for me. However, I think they did not feel the need to communicate this information to me despite assuring me twice that they would.
Tip - If you want a package which includes access to their club downstairs ( different from the executive club in the hotel) become a member of the hotel's program else the details of the package will be unavailable to you. We asked for this at both check in and check out and got the information at check out when I had signed for the program.

Room - it was a nice big room. Very well designed with plenty of light. The lounging chair is especially comfortable. The bed has an upholstered headboard and both this and the chair showed variance in colour depending on the layers of dust on them. This gave my husband a terrible dust allergy and he had to pop some pills and hence our holiday was spoilt.
Also remember that you cannot hook your hard disk/ pen drive, etc. to watch your own movies and there is no pay movie channel available.
Breakfast - decent spread. Highlight of course were the dead flies resting peacefully on the sweet bread. They must have gone to heaven after enjoying such a good meal and final resting place.

The lack of cleanliness in the room must mean some kind of a process breakdown. For even if the cleaners skip their job or our over burdened, surely someone else would be monitoring them. The management could perhaps engage in some basic communication classes
This is especially sad since it is a nice property with immense potential for being fantastic.

Room Tip: Try the higher floor rooms.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Gauri407
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write an honest review for The Westin Pune Koregaon Park. I sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you during your stay at the hotel and will personally look in to this to avoid any such hindrances in the future. At Westin we regard service and well being of our guests as priority and assure you rectifications in our service and hygiene standards.
i look forward to having you with us again and hope you would give us an opportunity to serve you better.

Be Well
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

Thing which strikes the moment you enter the hotel room is its magnanimity. I mean the room is huge. Service is good, breakfast lavish and its value for money. Its very near to the airport which is an added advantage. I think the breakfast which I had there is not as exhaustive as the one they serve in Gurgaon but nevertheless a nice hotel in all. I stayed there only for a day so nothing much to say.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
sujkum1, General Manager at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park, responded to this review, December 11, 2013

Patna
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

Westin Koregaon Park, Pune is a good hotel. Though it is expensive I feel it is worth the price. The ambience is good, it is neat and clean, staff is courteous and service is prompt. However, I did not find any preferentila treatment for a Starwood Preferred Guest.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sudhirkjha
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Heavenly Spa at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park among luxury hotels in Pune. I am pleased at your appreciation for our hospitality and product on offer and look forward to welcome you on your next visit.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

I had the pleasure of visiting the Westin twice over two months.

The first time was with a bit of hesitation, since it was my first 5 star experience in India. Traveling abroad makes one wary of the situation in India. I can safely say that the quality of service as well as the overall experience was far better than any hotel in the same category elsewhere.

I was a first time guest, but was treated with the courtesy of a regular. I was made to feel at home and ushered in to my room along with a quick description of the property. Each and every staff member was really polite and courteous.

The room was fantastic with a beautiful view of the river. Extremely comfortable and with everything I needed.

The breakfast buffet was a hearty spread and a bunch of things were made to order. The icing on the cake was a server remembered my coffee order from my first trip ( a month ago), and got me my coffee exactly as I wanted it, without me asking for it. I think that's the pinnacle of service!

Highly recommend this property to business travelers as well as family people alike.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
sujkum1, General Manager at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park, responded to this review, December 10, 2013

jaipur
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

The location of the hotel is good , I reached the hotel had to call myself for luggage assistance wherein warm welcome was missing , The reception was fine with very smooth checkin process was given special attention being spg gold card member , The room was spacious , heavenly beds , large washrooms with gud view , The in room dining service and food is superb , The team is very motivated with smiling team , The concierge team is very helpful , The breakfast buffet was very good with nice spread again with helpful team , I have stayed at Jw marriott , Taj blue diamond , hyatt regency in pune but would recommend this hotel for business & leisure trip in pune , keep it up

• Stayed December 2013