“Value for Money”

Ranked #7 of 223 Hotels in Pune
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Value for Money”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Recently stayed in Westin Pune for almost 12 days, Fantastic experience excellent Hotel. Value for money. Good food good service. Best was choice in breakfast as was missing home. I recommend this hotel for its food accommodation service & location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
sujkum1, General Manager at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Westin Pune Koregaon Park among luxury hotels in Pune. I am pleased at your appreciation for our hospitality and product on offer and look forward to welcome you on your next visit.

Be Well.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Troy, Michigan
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Excellent hotel. Room was very nice with a good view. Staff was exceptional.
The one thing that bothered me was that wifi was not included with the room. Had to pay extra, not exorbitant by any means, but lesser hotels provide free wifi.
Service was excellent.

Check-in process for larger groups is always a problem. In my case, checking in 50 guests in our group was chaotic. There were no lines, people crowding into the counter. They copy documents on a very slow printer. Perhaps they can upgrade that equipment.

Breakfast was very nice. I hope at some point they understand the meaning of 'over-easy' eggs. That was a small thing, not a major complaint.

I attended a 3 day event, and I think it was catered by the Westin. Some outdoor barbeque items were fabulous, like tandoori rotis made right in front of you.

I would definitely consider staying at this hotel again.

Dear Guest,

We will definitely take necessary measures to improve the check in process for larger groups as suggested by you.
Thank you for an honest opinion.

Pune, India
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed at this property for 1 night and had an excellent experience.
The staff was very attentive and the check-in process was seamless and quick.
Regular Rooms are very spacious and tastefully done. These are probably the largest rooms available in any of the 5 star hotels in Pune. Beds are extremely comfortable. Toiletries are of good quality. Quality of tea/coffee pouches in room is great. Good range of in-room beverages are there.Location of the hotel is in Koregaon Park which is a hub for a lot of great night clubs and good restaurants. Phoenix mall is also close by.

By far the only competition this 5 star hotel has is the JW Marriott in Pune.

The only drawback I felt was that the quality of dining is not of the level I would have expected for a 5 star resort. The Italian restaurant had average food. Buffet was also just ok.
Lastly the running hot water in bathrooms was not hot enough.

Room Tip: Choose rooms towards the front of the hotel at higher floor to get a good view of the river.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Your feedback regarding the quality of food has been noted and ascertain you a better experience on your next visit to the property.

New York City, New York
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last weekend. Best experience in a star hotel in India for under 10k. I can actually say that it beat my experience at Taj Mansingh and Leela Palace Bangalore. Why no reviews about them? Nothing to rave about, dinners was better there but a lot more expensive than the Westin. Coming back to Westin, nice sized rooms, beautiful view of a park from the room. Nice rain shower with good water pressure. Smart, well trained staff, the staff reminded me of a recent stay at the W in Doha. This Westin stay was better all around than the W. The dinner buffet was good, excellent starters and soups, desserts were awesome, the entrees however were just OK, they must be trying to please north indian, south indian and western palates all at the same time !!! They made sichuan shrimp which was very good. The breakfast buffet was the best in all respects, variety, taste and presentation.

Now for the not so pleasant, it was drizzling in Pune my entire visit. I like to walk early in the morning due to jet lag. I went down to their conference area and was walking under the long porch, after a while, I felt a lick on my hand only to see a friendly street dog staring at me. I am scarred of dogs so stood there till the security shooed it away. First encounter with a dog in a hotel in India !!! The next morning, the staff opened the pool area early for me so that I could walk around the pool. BEAUTIFUL infinity pool !!! Not offered any upgrades though I have been an SPG member for ages.

The above issues not withstanding, would I stay there again? Absolutely YES !!!

Room Tip: get rooms facing the park
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Pune
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Day before yesterday i was in westin and went to prego for the first time. Though i m not fond of italian food i happened to take risk. But let me tell you it was just amazing . Friendly atmosphere , happening place and i fell like home. I liked the concept when every buddy claps if something falls or breaks. Staff was just enjoying themselves while working. I spoke to few staff members Neville, Niraj were one of them and they explained me the concept of fun dining place. I found wines bit expensive but worth trying em. Overall i can remember a day spent at Prego. Cheers !!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
sujkum1, General Manager at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for appreciating Prego for its cuisine and service. I am glad you take back with you fond memories from the Italian venue.
We look forward to your future visits.

india
Reviewed July 22, 2013

hotel is 10 - 15 mins from the airport, the airport pick up service was prompt, check in less than 5 mins so you are in your room after landing in 20 mins, rooms are quite big about 400 sq ft, and very clean , hotel keeps up with the westin standard cannot fault it in anyways , the staff and management here are very professional, last time i stayed at hyatt recency even the hyatt was very good but the westin is a step ahead, food and beverage was perfect.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
sujkum1, General Manager at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park, responded to this review, July 24, 2013

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed for a month whilst working in India... and it felt like home away from home. From the moment I walked into the lobby to the moment I checked out, I felt welcomed and treated with courtesy. My room was always cleaned, always at the right temperature. I delighted in shower and did not want to leave it. As good as the overall experience was, the highlight of my stay at the hotel had to be my visits to the hotel's Seasonal Taste Restaurant. I was always greeted with warmth, the waiting staff were always polite, friendly and extremely efficient. Management AND Chefs were also a delight. Unfortunately, the food was so good it contributed to me putting on a few extra pounds I could well do without. Just a great big thanks to all at the Westin Hotel in Pune for making my stay so comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
sujkum1, General Manager at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park and appreciating our product and services among the luxury hotels in Pune. Secondly it is a delight indeed to know of the memorable experience you've enjoyed during your visit. We are consistently engaged in offering a surprise and delight to our guests and ensure you the same on your next visit to the city.