“Like Home...away from Home!!”

The Westin Pune Koregaon Park
Ranked #6 of 221 Hotels in Pune
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Just returned from one of the best weekend breaks we had in a very long time…..courtesy Westin Westin and only Westin!!!!

Every aspect of our 2nights and 3days was perfect just how we wanted it to be.... We availed of the ‘Eat Drink and More Membership’, wherein we were offered complimentary meals, discounts and loads of goodies that is valid for one year.

To start with the Check In was a breeze with an amazing welcome drink offered to us on arrival…which totally refreshed us after our 3 hour BOM-Pune drive.

The Room was big + kid friendly and safe…which was perfect for our 2 year old to prance around from one end to the other. Also, we had requested for a room on the topmost level with a river view and it was provided to us alongwith the possibilities of having an early check-in!!!

The Bed as Westin claims it to be…was HEAVENLY!!! The sight from the 09th floor was an amazing panoramic view of the river and the luscious greens of Koregaon Park.

The Dining: We dined at Prego and Seasonal Tastes. I must emphasize that the Italian Chef at Prego, Mr. Federico Volpi…personally came to our table in order to indicate the ingredients that would be used in the Rissotto (since we weren’t sure about the ingredients that would be added) Also later, he made it a point to check with us that it was to our perfection and according to our tastes…just how we wanted it to be, in-fact even better..…”Grazie Signor Volpi… il cibo era perfetto”

At Seasonal Tastes, the breakfast and buffet spread for lunches & dinners was sumptuous. With various live counters tossing up Noodles, various oriental delicacies, hot-dogs, sushi’s, et.al!!!

I would also like to accentuate, although there wasn’t any specific pasta counter (my daughter being a huge pasta fan) one of the chefs specifically rustled up a perfect Alfredo Pasta..just for her…twice, during lunch and dinner…at no additional cost…I think this was extremely considerate of him, given the fact that we didn’t ask for it, perhaps… he sensed our anticipation I guess. Sadly when we wanted to personally thank him and know his name…he was no where around!!!

The property is very well located in mere proximity of the various sightseeing attractions Pune boasts of.....the Osho center, Aga Khan Palace, German bakery and the 'now famous' malls...infact there's this newly opened mall adjoining the hotel premises.

The check-out procedure also was hassle free (unlike other hotels).

Now I could really go on n on....but I gotta stop!!!!
Anyway, Overall we had an awesome time at The Westin and the next time we're in Pune....its always gonna be The Westin!!!

Thanks guys...each one of U are doing an excellent job!!!!

P.S: I jus received my lifetime SPG membership card....can hardly wait to explore the other properties of this group! :-)

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors...overlooking the river are breathtaking...request for it!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
sujkum1, General Manager at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for appreciating The Westin Pune Koregaon Park. It is the motivation and generous appreciation by guests such as yourself that align and engage the hotel's team to excel in offering outstanding guest experience to our guests.
I look ahead to your next visit.

Be Renewed.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I went to Westin Hotel located in Pune before two months, if I remember, with a group of 12 members for lunch. It was “THE BEST HOTEL” in Pune and one of the best in India. The level of service, cleanliness and hospitality was superb. The buffet spread was huge and there were lots of variety in the section, the dessert section was the most amazing and delicious one. There were lots of staff who were serving starters to us, but the one who was serving our entire group with Charm and Smile on his face for quite a long time was very admirable. I think his name was jackie, I can say he was Charm of the Restaurant + Dessert Counter.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I thank you for giving an honest review of your dining experience at Seasonal Taste and appreciating the food and service in this restaurant.
We are consistently engaged in offering a surprise and delight to our guests and ensure you the same on your next visit.

Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Westin for 3 nights in April. It looks amazing, rooms are very well designed & cozy, service is very efficient. The hotel is located next to a dirty river but don't go by the location. The area, Koregaon Park has the most happening nightlife.

• Stayed: April 2013
sujkum1, General Manager at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Thank you for your positive review on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay and that service rendered by my team contributed to the memories. Your appreciation motivates us in our endeavor to create delight for all our guests and your kind words instill further confidence in our product and services we offer to our guests.

Be Well

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights. It lived up to Westin standard, Rooms and overall setting were very new, modern, spacious and tastefully done. Service was efficient and professional but can be further improved with a little more smile and friendliness. The 3 restaurants Prego, Kangan and Seasonal Tastes offered good variety for guests whom prefer to dine in. Special mention for Kangan which provided superb food and service quality, The morning rush for transportation at the front entrance is a little chaotic. The hotel could have help better organize and coordinate between guests and their transportation. Overall, it was a very good and pleasant stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
sujkum1, General Manager at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you for your positive review on Trip Advisor.

I sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding the dining venues at the hotel.

Your feedback regarding the need to better organize the way we handle office transfers in the morning has been noted.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed in the Westin from July until November 2012.
I'd chosen the Westin on the recommendation of colleagues and it did not disappoint. After travelling from London, to have a driver waiting at the airport and a pleasant 15 minute drive was great but little was I to know this was only the tip of the iceberg.

Arriving at the hotel, my luggage was efficiently taken away, security checked and brought to my room. Once through the security scanner, I was overwhelmed with the welcome I received in reception. I was offered a wet towel and refreshing drink before being quickly whisked to my room where I was briefed on all the available amenities such as executive lounge, restaurants, gym, spa, pool etc. My passport was taken to be scanned and some of my preferences noted. The passport was returned within minutes.

First impression of my room was wow. I had seen photos online but was sceptical as often the photo doesn't match the reality. In this case, if anything the photos didn't do it enough justice. The rooms are spacious, immaculately clean and simply perfect.

Getting security checked every time you enter the hotel took a little getting used to, however it does give you added peace of mind, especially when there was a bombing in Pune during my stay.

The gym is very modern and the staff are happy to help in any way they can, even providing tips and training. It is kept clean and is available 24 hours a day which is great if you're working UK or US hours.

The food in the hotel overall is excellent, though there is a tendency to undercook meat and fish at times so be careful. It was one of the very few flaws any of us could find during our stay. The chefs will also cater to your every whim even cooking special requests.

The staff in reception were very friendly and always there to meet you as you departed or arrived. If you wanted to know anything or needed assistance of any kind they were always more than willing to help.

If you are staying in Pune, the Westin is simply the best hotel you can stay in. I met many people who had been to other hotels in Pune and every one said the Westin was by far the best. In the end, some of the staff became like family for many of us.

Room Tip: Both my rooms were facing out towards the Shopping centre and were quiet so I can happily recommend...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Deasyb
sujkum1, General Manager at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor.

You can rest be assured that my team and I will continue to strive hard to achieve customer satisfaction to the fullest and endeavor to pursue quality with commitment.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Recently stayed at The Westin during a business trip to Pune and I must say just like other Westin properties, this hotel offers best luxury and comfort in its class. The staff is extremely polite, food esp. buffet breakfast spread is great, rooms are spacious and the beds are - like Westin calls it - heavenly.
I look forward to returning back to this hotel whenever I am in Pune next.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
sujkum1, General Manager at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 nights - lovely hotel, very clean, great service, and great value for money.

Indian restaurant was superb (although wine was fairly pricey) - it appeared to be the best hotel in Pune (I Met people who had moved from other hotels). Security was also fairly tight which was reassuring.

I'll stay here again when I return to Pune.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the hotel.

I am delighted to know about your stay being a memorable experience and would like to thank you for the regular patronage extended to the hotel. Look forward to welcome you on your next visit.