“Luxury must be complimented by service to make a great hotel”

The Westin Pune Koregaon Park
Ranked #6 of 220 Hotels in Pune
Kochi (Cochin), India
“Luxury must be complimented by service to make a great hotel”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

When we were booked in Westin by the company whom we were visiting... the first reaction was... does such a luxury hotel exist in Pune( by the corporate rate we got)? It was of course a struggle to get an additional night of stay in advance due to overbooking (according to the hotel... i found a few rooms on my floor empty whenever I walked by).

From a distance the hotel looks imposing but you could miss the entrance from the street since it is almost hidden.

The pickup from airport was fine and the checkin quite professional but with a stiff upper lip. The young bellboy refused to take any tip which was a pleasant surprise. The room was well furnished including a recliner.

The breakfast buffet was ok for me since they had my choices. But the lunch at the coffee shop was a disaster. We were in a hurry and wanted something quick. My friend ordered a Ceasar salad without any meat or prawns but with more anchovies. I ordered a Greek Salad.After half an hour of waiting with constant reminders the food arrived... the Ceasar Salad with no anchovies and very little parmesan cheese. When my friend complained they called the chef who happened to be a very young guy...The gist of his reaction was.... In Westin Pune Ceasar salad is served the way it was served. My friend refused to eat. My salad was ok but I would have preferred more dressing. They did not want to bill us but I paid for what i had.

The dinner buffet we had was acceptable but the service could have been better. We had to constantly ask for the empty plates to be removed.

While checking out I asked for a bell boy( this is one luxury I expect in Indian hotels) but nobody turned up and I carried my luggage down. I complained about this and I was told that a marriage party was checking out and all bell boys were engaged there. Mr. Kuldip who was checking me out carried my luggage to the door and organised a car for me to be dropped at the airport. He saved the day.

One small comment.. their swipe cards need at least a few swipes to work...

On the whole not bad but could have been better if the service was ok.

1 Thank monCochin
sujkum1, General Manager at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

Firstly thank you for an honest feedback of your experience at the hotel and would like to assure that your pointers have been addressed with the concerned departments.

We take our guests' experience as a learning to train our associates for delivering a memorable experience. I regret the inconvenience you had while your previous visit, however I would like to welcome you to the hotel for a renewed stay in your next visit to Pune.

Be Well.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Top notch hotel with great service from the reception, to the waiters at breakfast and service executives at the executive club lounge.

The room is well equipped and A/C works to your selected temperature with great precision.

If you prefer some company and have a bigger spread of food, the breakfast at the Seasonal Taste is better compared to the executive club lounge.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the Kue Bar Club if you cannot stand loud noises at night.
Dear Guest,

Firstly I appreciate you choosing to stay at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park and taking time to share an honest review.

We remain committed to deliver an exceptional service and serve patrons like you in future.
Look forward to welcome you back soon.

Pune, India
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We had a wonderful experience, both in the responsive attention from the Restaurant Manager, Anuj Srivastav, and his staff, plus food excellence at this great restaurant in Pune. We hosted a small party there during the Brunch time, and they willingly offered a semi-private room and complete service. The lunch and drink packages offered were just right for our situation.
We'll definitively do this again.
Strongly recommend you try this for yourself!
Peter Wood

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I appreciate the time taken to write a review of our all day dining restaurant – Seasonal Tastes.

Thank you for appreciating the food and service in this restaurant. Your kind words of appreciation have been conveyed to Anuj Srivastav.

We are consistently engaged in offering a surprise and delight to our guests and ensure you the same on your next visit.

Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I would strongly recommend this hotel, I really felt as if it was my home with my stays. the hotel staff cant do enough for you and if there were 10 stars allowed for a hotel, this hotel would have them! Thank you sooooo much for everything you have done! will definitely return.

Room Tip: I Stayed on the 4th floor and had a balcony, they are fantastic rooms :)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
sujkum1, General Manager at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are extremely happy to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments were very encouraging and this is how the entire team at the hotel keeps themselves motivated.

Look forward to welcome you back soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I do not really like going to Pune, but this is an escape from the 'real' world, very high and tight security, which is what i like. Once stepped into the hotel, you feel like you are back HOME. This is the only reason why i do not mind going back there when necessary.

Hotel breakfast and menu are extensive, spoilt for choice serious, good gym room and also good wifi. Nothing beats having to stay there again.

I would recommend this to anybody who is going to Pune for business or leisure.

Room Tip: I prefer exit room far away from elevator, i know it is not the best, but i like the quietness of it...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
sujkum1, General Manager at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

The entire team at the hotel is delighted and motivated by your comments. We are happy to learn that we were able to exceed your expectations.

Your comments have been duly shared with the team down the line.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in a regular room at the Westin whilst visiting on business.

Staff are welcoming and cannot do enough to help. The hotel is well appointed with large comfortable rooms that have every amenity a traveller could wish for.

I ate in both the Seasonal Tastes and Kangan restaurants and found the food and service good for the former and exceptional for the latter. I particularly enjoyed trying Indian wines with the superb Indian food at Kangan.

I look forward to returning in 2013.

• Stayed November 2012
sujkum1, General Manager at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the generous comments you offered in reviewing your stay at the hotel and would be conveying it to my team.

I am glad you enjoyed your meal at Seasonal Tastes and Kangan.

I look forward to your next visit to the hotel.

Be Well
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed in this hotel only for one night. It is very nice (not crowded hotel) everything looked new. My room comfortable, big bathrooms, very clean and the perfect place to arrive to after a long day of work. Probably the hotel looks a bit empty, but in general it is a great place to stay in Pune.
Front desk agents were very helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
sujkum1, General Manager at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Westin Pune Koregaon Park among luxury hotels in Pune.

I am glad you had a pleasant stay at the hotel.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.