“Room with a View”

Ranked #6 of 222 Hotels in Pune
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Room with a View”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

The Westin hotel in Pune is situated on the banks of the Mula-Mutha river. I had an East facing room, and the morning sun rise was, like, wow!

The room was exceptionally large, amongst the largest I have stayed in any hotel. The bath with its glass wall facing the bedroom - clean and huge. The bed was kingsize, and pillows were soft and exceptional. Just didn't want to get up!

Service - outstanding, with a smile, friendly and courteous....so important to be welcoming yet non-familiar. The trainers have indeed done a good job here, and my compliments to them.

Restaurants - i visited just the place where the breakfast was served - forget the name. But it was a lovely warm freshly-brewed-coffee-smelling place. So welcoming!

Gym - smallish but well maintained.

Overall a fantastic experience, even though I spent just one night.

Room Tip: East facing rooms are good!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
AnuraagBhatnagar, General Manager at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Firstly I appreciate you choosing to stay at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park and taking time to share an honest review. Thank you for appreciating our rooms and facilities.

We are happy to learn that we were able to exceed your expectations.

Your comments have been duly shared with the team down the line.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Be Well.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed October 2, 2012

After having endured the rigors of travels from the USA, experiencing domestic air travel from Mumbai to Pune and then witness traffic that I've never seen before, it was such a calming and refreshing pleasure to have arrived at The Westin Pune! What a joy it was to be welcomed in lobby then escorted to a comfortable sofa where I was checked-in. That was a nice touch! Everyone was so warm and welcoming. I was even greeted with yellow roses and a refreshment. Everything from that moment on further enhanced my extended stay.

After having been personally brought to my room and given an orientation to its amenities, I asked for a vase for my flowers. It couldn't have been more than 10 minutes when one was delivered - already filled with water no less! The room was very well appointed, far exceeding my expectations. I loved the fact that there was a glass wall between the bathroom and bedroom, which is easily shielded with an automatic shade that they bring down during the nightly turndown service. The oversized bathroom was a very welcomed surprise! There was a soaking tub and separated shower and toilet stalls. If I had one complaint about the shower is that it seemed to be drain very slowly as the slope of the floor seemed to be angled towards the shower door rather than the drain sometimes creating a bit of a puddle on the bathroom floor after showering. Oh well, that's what the extra towel was for, I figured.

The bed was large (king sized) and heavenly! The lighting in the room was exceptional and once I got the hang of working the various lighting options, it provided the right amount of ambiance.

Eating at the hotel was a nice option from venturing out to dine. The three main restautants provided enough variety to suit most tastes. However, as I was in India, I wanted to experience the local cuisine so I primarily chose those dishes and was usually not disappointed. Seasonal Taste served its pupose in delivering quality food to the masses. The service was good though could be a bit hectic and inconsistent during busy periods. Prego was fine for the non-adventurous eaters of which there were two colleagues who dined there nightly...sad. I had the rack of lamb which was delicious but didn't much care for the Italian options. Kangan was by far my favorite place to eat! There wasn't anything I had that I didn't thoroughly enjoy! As an added bonus, the chef took time to come say hello to us. This was another nice touch I thought. If I had to make another complaint, it would be about the options at Daily Treats. Basically, there weren't many options but don't get me wrong, the few times I ordered a carry-out from them it was delcious but I think they could have breakfast offerings. I feel they should be able to capitalize on this location and make it more cafe/bistro like.

Overall, I had a very pleasurable and memorable stay. The company plans for us to return at least once next year and this will be my first choice hotel! The staff could not have been friendlier and hospitable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
AnuraagBhatnagar, General Manager at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the time taken to review your experience with the hotel.
We are delighted to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Your words of appreciation keep the team highly motivated.

I regret to note your feedback regarding the shower drainage issues in your room. I sincerely thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. I assure you that there will be no recurrence.

Furthermore, your valuable feedback regarding Daily Treats has been noted.

Look forward to welcome you to a renewal on your next visit.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

One of the best hotels out there.
Made my day.
whatever i wanted they provided.
I went on my first date here and they really put a lot of effort to make it memorable.
From tables to flower arrangements to food choices and taste Everything was awesome.
Thanks a lot

• Stayed September 2012
AnuraagBhatnagar, General Manager at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time taken to review the hotel's services and generous comments. It is indeed a delight to know that you have taken away with you cherished moments.

Our associates will be conveyed your words of appreciation.

Look forward to welcome you to a renewal on your next visit.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This hotel is amazing, the hospitality that greets you on check in pampers you all thru @ the coffee shop, business center, gym and also the room service.
The staff is very friendly and are always available for any assistance.

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the generous comments you offered in reviewing your stay at the hotel and would be conveying it to my team.

We ensure our guest experience is a personalized one and aligned to the Westin Difference.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Pune, India
Reviewed September 27, 2012

To start with the view of the hotel gives you a good feeling. Lovely structure. We were here for a business party. The food was lovely. Neat and clean premises. Staff was very courteous. Overall a very good deal but the security needs to improve. We got into the hotel and sat down for 5 mins and then we saw a few security guys standing at the door. Except that everything was goos about the hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
AnuraagBhatnagar, General Manager at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time taken to review the hotel's services and generous comments. It is indeed a delight to know that your stay with the hotel was a memorable journey and that you have taken away with you cherished moments.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed at the Westin recently &it was a very pleasant stay. The rooms are very spacious & especially the ones on the 4th floor ( Executive rooms). The rooms are big & very,very clean. The bathroom is also very clean & the bath tub is big. Proximity to the Airport is a major advantage. I had a wonderful stay & would love to visit again.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the 4thfloor. The executivve rooms on this floor are large & roomy.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
AnuraagBhatnagar, General Manager at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

I truly appreciate your taking the time to review your experience with the hotel.

Thank you for the appreciative comments about the hotel and its locational advantage.

Your words of appreciation keeps the team highly motivated.

We remain committed to deliver an exceptional service. Look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

A great place to stay in Pune. I stayed for two weeks and the staff could not have been more attentive in making sure I had a great experience. Would recommend any business travellers to stay here. The food within the the hotel was of a high standard and I especially liked the buffet in seasonal taste.

• Stayed September 2012
AnuraagBhatnagar, General Manager at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Be Well