“The worst HOSTEL not the Hotel!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ibis Pune

Ibis Pune
Ranked #20 of 222 Hotels in Pune
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“The worst HOSTEL not the Hotel!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

1. Unfortunately had the pleasure to stay in your guest HOSTEL at Pune on 18-Oct-2012.
2. Room no. allotted to me was 515.
3. There was a bunch of idiots on the same floor who acted as if they owned your HOSTEL.
4. They kept the room doors open, had wild celebration and talk between each other. Well, all this was happening in different rooms at same time.
5. This started at around 2130 and went on till 2355 or even later.
6. When I called on front desk at around 2330, on one answered the call.
7. Had to bear all this since Ibis valued these hostel inmates more than business travellers like me.
8. To my maximum surprise, same thing started at around 0500 hours on 19-Oct-2012.
9. Again went to room 514 and requested the bunch of idiots to keep quite.
10. called up front desk at around 0650 hours, this time call was answered. But again no action was taken.
11. Left with no option but to check-out, I approached front desk at around 0730 hours.
12. The front desk was more than happy to let me go.
13. Duty manager Mr. Sahil told me that there was no call made by me. First he told that there was no complaint from any other guest but later on told that room no. 519 also raised complaint. He told only IT dept can trace calls made / received.
14. He also expressed inability to help as Ibis's beloved group already left HOSTEL.
15. During talk with Mr. Sahil and other members during morning, I realized that for Ibis, a group of 15-20 people means a lot as against individual business travelers like me.
16. Again when I returned from meetings at around 2000 hours on 19-Oct-2012, now my turn was to face utter arrogance and complete lack of professionalism. Duty Manager Ms. Purvi told me that she is totally helpless and can't do anything.
17. When told to provide contact details for hotel manager, she told that he is not accessible, cannot provide his number and in his absence there is no one with whom we can raise complaint and hotel manager's superior details were not available with her.
18. But it seems that she could access him as she went away from front desk, talked with someone on mobile and informed inability to do anything.
19. Even when I had booking for 2 nights, I was forced to check-out after one night's stay. Not a single employee of Ibis, Pune had word "sorry" or "apology" in their dictionary.
20. Seems Ibis recruits employees which can argue, tell blatant lies and show little respect to business travelers.
21. Hope this will make other business travelers to stay away from this expensive HOSTEL called as Ibis, Pune.

Room Tip: Stay away. Rooms are good, but staff is really bad.
3 Thank KrisPrasad
Ravi K, General Manager at Ibis Pune, responded to this review, October 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Ibis Pune.

Your feedback and concerns regarding the noise levels emanating from other guest rooms have been carefully noted. It is with sincere regret that I note your dissatisfaction with our service. Your experience does not reflect the level of service we endeavor to provide at Ibis Pune and I truly apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

It is our constant endeavor to provide consistently high quality of service to all our valued guests and I assure you that all possible corrective measures have been taken to serve our guests better. We always pride on our services and regret any service lapse on our part.

Conscious that any explanation cannot completely erase the unsatisfying experience you have been through, I hope you will give us another opportunity to regain your confidence.

Ravi Khubchandani

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Indonesian first
India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in the hotel for a night during my transit through Pune. Hotel is clean, at a good location, no service hotel. Quality of food could be significantly improved.
Since I was driving, I happened to go to basement parking and it was like a garbage dump. Everything is charged separately, e.g. I asked for a toothbrush and had to pay separately for it.
The hotel does have WiFi which was given to me for free. I am not sure if the hotel is valuefor money.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Ravi K, General Manager at Ibis Pune, responded to this review, October 19, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I am delighted to know that you appreciated the location of our hotel & upkeep of our rooms.

Your feedback regarding further improvement in quality of food has been carefully noted.

Your comments regarding the upkeep of the car park have been taken on board. However, I would like to inform you that major renovation work is being carried out in the basement parking.

The amenities placed in the rooms and bathroom are a standard globally and being a "value for money” operation, this helps us minimize the costs and pass on the benefits to our valued Guests.

We thank you very much for your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Pune.

New Delhi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Other than being a usual ibis property, with minimalistic room and tiny cabin for a bathroom. I found this particular property good for one reason - the staff. The staff is very helpful, very welcoming and takes an extra effort to help you.

The food served was better than other ibis hotels I've experienced in India. The breakfast spread is limited, but gives you sufficient variety. The wifi in the restaurant is free and fast. The bar I found mostly unattended, but was very well stocked and the bar tender was very pleasant to speak with and was well informed about the drinks he offers.

Though this hotel is located very close to the airport and some good shopping malls, but it is slightly off the main city. So, if you want to experience and explore Pune, you can ask the very staff at the reception, as they were very helpful in helping us out.

Room service was quick and staff was very courteous.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ravi K, General Manager at Ibis Pune, responded to this review, October 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Ibis Pune.

I am delighted to know that you had a Comfortable stay with us and appreciated the internet speed & Quality of food and service. Your appreciation is humbly received.

Navi Mumbai, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

I won’t say that I was disappointed by the hotel. The room was nice albeit very compact as compared to the other business hotel that I generally stay in when I am in Pune. The biggest nuisance was the bathroom. The moment you step into the bathroom you are transported to another place which looks similar like the washroom of an airplane. That’s right, the bathrooms are small and compact and the worst part is that they don’t have a lock. If you are sharing your room with someone then the absence of a lock in the washroom tends to be a big concern. Maybe abroad not having a lock in the washroom is a culture, but this is India and we need our privacy when we are in the washroom.

The only thing big in the room is the bed, that also if you have a deluxe queen room, which basically means single occupancy with queen size bed.

They have a good restaurant and the morning breakfast spread is ok. The bar is open till late and they have happy hours starting from 11 PM to 1 AM, which is great for late night parties. The hotel staff is helpful and polite.

Net Net this hotel is good for a short stay, but personally I would never want to stay here and that is only because of the washroom. I prefer my hotels to have decent size washrooms with LOCK.

• 2 of 5 bubbles

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I am glad to know that the service provided by our staff was to your liking and your appreciation of our food and beverage offers has been humbly received.

Your feedback regarding the locks in our bathrooms has been carefully noted.
It is with sincere regret that I note your dissatisfaction with our facilities and I truly apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

Your feedback has been taken on board and is being reviewed by the management.

Vadodara, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Ibis has improved. During my last stay I had difficulty in connecting to mobile network. Mobile wan't work from your room. But this time it was absolutely perfect and normal. No need to come down in open to get connectivity. Hotel is good with very good restaurant and well stocked bar. Front desk is efficient. The only problem is their bathrooms. They are too small. I am yet to see anthing smaller than this.

Room Tip: all rooms are almost same

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We were delighted to learn that you had a Comfortable stay with us and particularly value our hotel.

I am glad to know that the service provided by our staff was to your liking and your appreciation of our other services has been humbly received.

Our room and bathroom size has been designed after extensive market survey ensuring maximum utilization of the available space. The size is standard globally and being a "value for money” operation, this helps us minimize the costs and pass on the benefits to our valued Guests.

Kortrijk, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

1. Location is in business area.
2. Shopping malls in walk able distance.
3. Service is good.
4. Breakfast is good.

Bad
1. Internet connection is bad. Only one connection allowed. Very difficult and ugly process of connecting. I will not consider going there again because of Internet connection.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Ibis Pune.

I am glad to know that the service provided by our staff & quality of food was to your liking and your appreciation of the location of the hotel has been humbly received.

Your feedback regarding the quality of internet has been carefully noted.It is with sincere regret that I note your dissatisfaction with our internet service. We provide complimentary internet with good & consistent band width to all our esteemed guests. We have daily checks in place to ensure reliable connectivity.

Your experience does not reflect the level of service we endeavor to provide at Ibis Pune and I truly hope you will provide us with another opportunity to serve you better.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed in the Ibis Pune over a year ago .
After roughly 24 hours travelling ( 3 flights, BNE to SIN, 6 hour layover, SIN to DEL, 2 hour layover, then DEL TO PNQ ) i was absolutely shattered with no sleep. We were met by our driver outside , and after a little delay ( the arrivals area is teeming with people ) we made the short journey to the Ibis. The rooms all have blackout curtains so I was able to go straight to sleep. Colleagues of ours arrived that night from Malsyia( staying in a different hotel ) but were welcomed to dine with us in the main dining room. The food was high quality and a good welcome to India !
Myself and three other colleagues stayed in the Ibis for a month during December 2011 - the service was perfect for a group in Pune on business. Laundry and early breakfast services were excellent ( we worked the early bird shift and had to be in our office at 6am ).
The personal service from the reception and waitstaff was also very friendly. During our stay , we went away for the weekend to Mumbai . Stupidly I left my passport in Pune, which created problems when checking in in Mumbai. I called the Ibis and Ravi was able to assist quickly by sending a scanned copy of my passport to the hotel in Mumbai.
Overall, I was very happy staying there and would definitely stay there again if I am ever lucky enough to get back there.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business