“A 5 star luxury studio apartment, not so starry service though”

Marriott Suites Pune
Ranked #1 of 222 Hotels in Pune
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I stayed in studio apartment here for my official visit. The positives are:
1. Good location on Koregaon road
2. Its a new , well equipped and maintained property
3. Attached Kitchen is very useful and washing machine with every apartment.

The negatives are:
1. The rooms are located quite far from reception so walking down in sunny days or with luggage is a problem. Unlike other hotels
2. The room service is quite slow. may be they expect guests cook themselves in their Kitchen!
3. The customer service staffs i found very rigid . eg. I had a breakfast included package and I reached at about 10.15 AM due to delayed flight. The answer I got that I missed the breakfast as Buffet is closed at 10. When I asked cant you serve something in room they said thats alacarte and I have to pay for it extra.

In short good property if you want to stay for long and cook yourself!!!

Room Tip: Look for apartments closer to reception and restaurant
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank 45,671
Trishal R, Director of Sales and Marketing at Marriott Suites Pune, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Oakwood Premier Pune and we thank you for sharing your generous feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to receive your detailed feedback and I was concerned to learn that you had issues regarding the Breakfast not being served in the room as well as slow room service. You r feedback has been shared with the concerned Manager as well as the General Manager of the Property.

I understand that you were late for the Buffet and the associates had started clearing the set up to re set for Lunch. We apologies for any inconvenience caused. Do contact me directly in future for any special requirement as I can speak to the concerned department directly. For your future visits, you can write to me directly n trishal.rao@oakwoodasia.com and we will also put in a special request for as room at the Lobby level.

Thank you for your valuable feedback once again . The team and I, look forward to your continued visits.

Warm regards,

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Oak Lounge is surely unbeatable! be it a salsa night or retro night...or for the top charts, go on the right day and you can expect one helluva enjoyable time! The guys at the bar are great, the drinks are reasonable and the crowd...simply wow!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Zulena R

Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor, further to your experience at the Oak Lounge and its associates.
We do believe in our customers having a wonderful experience at our property and Lounge.
Oak Lounge also boasts of being one of the best Lounge Bars in Pune.

Your feedback has been shared with the team and we look forward to having you back at the Lounge.

Do join our Social Media pages on Face Book for more happenings and event updates on the lounge.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Second visit to Oakwood Premier, Pune. I had high expectations as I was blown away with our stay last year. We were 3 couples so we booked a 2 BHK & a Studio.

Positives:

1) Apartments in a fantastic condition.
2) Great location at Koregaon park.
3) Courteous staff provide great service.
4) Oakwood has tied up with a local supermarket which delivers consumables at the hotel (minimum order Rs 750)

Negatives:

1) Food was a let down. We had the lunch buffet and next day's breakfast at their Senses restaurant. The lunch buffet has a decent variety but the food wasn't up to the mark. I believe Oakwood has a good amount of foreign clientele, hence the food has been fine tuned to suit their palette. The food was short on spices and some dishes were bland.

2) The breakfast session was chaotic.The restaurant was packed with in house guests. Luckily we were allotted a table in no time. But because of such a massive crowd, the breakfast wasn't up to the mark. The idli's were hard, our eggs had to be sent back as they weren't cooked properly, etc.

Would we return. Yes, but hoping Oakwood can sort out the above issues till then.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor have a private garden!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Trishal R, Director of Sales and Marketing at Marriott Suites Pune, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Oakwood Premier Pune.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor on your positive and negative thoughts about the property.

Do accept our apologies on the inconvenience caused during Breakfast and your feedback has been shared with our Food and beverage teams including our Food and Beverage Director and Executive Chef at the property. It is our earnest endeavor to ensure that our guests enjoy a memorable experience at the property and we do take your comments seriously

Your compliments about the staff in particular, delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team as well.

Thanks ever so much for sharing your feedback again and do contact me on your next trip to Pune as I can introduce myself to you.

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to The Oakwood.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

A clean spacious room with plenty of amenities. Air conditioning worked perfectly and was great to keep cool during the day/night. The gym here was a decent size and with a good mix of weights and cardio equipment.

The staff from reception, guards to waiters/waitresses in the restaurants/bars were all really friendly and attentive.

The food quality was good to excellent in both senses and the bistro. The italian bistro was my favourite.

Highly recommended and would definitely stay again next time in Pune.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Trishal R, Director of Sales and Marketing at Marriott Suites Pune, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Oakwood Premier Pune .

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. Your compliments about the staff in particular, delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team. It is our earnest endeavor to ensure that our guests enjoy a memorable experience and I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay with us.

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to The Oakwood in Pune

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Good staff, always trying to help out.

Apartments well kept and of good size.

House keeping timing and attention could be better.

Pool definitely needs to be livelier and at a better location.

Overall, a good experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank msampat

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Oakwood Premier in Pune and for sharing your generous feedback through TripAdvisor. The team is very happy to receive your feedback and to learn that you had a wonderful stay at the property. You feedback on House keeping has been shared with the concerned manager and he will ensure this is taken up in our regular briefings.

We look forward to your next visit in Pune at the Oakwood

regards

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Last week my wife and I (who live in Pune) decide to take a weekend break. We have two little kids who we packed off to my mother-in-laws place and both of us checked in at the Oakwood. All I can say is... we had the time of our life. Great food, excellent Gym, super collection of movies... and most importantly spacious and well equipped rooms.

I will be doing this once every quarter!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Oakwood Premier Pune .

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor about Oakwood and wonderful to know that you are living in Pune.

Thanks ever so much for sharing your feedback and I look forward to meeting you on your next trip to the Oakwood Premier in Pune.

Kind regards,

Good facilities
Well located

Negatives:
None I can think off
Food expensive but probably worth it.

Highy recommended.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank iffy81
Trishal R, Director of Sales and Marketing at Marriott Suites Pune, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Oakwood Premier Pune among luxury hotels in Pune. I am pleased at your appreciation for our hospitality and product on offer and look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Pune