“Good but not as good as our earlier stay!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marriott Suites Pune

Marriott Suites Pune
Ranked #4 of 221 Hotels in Pune
Mumbai
“Good but not as good as our earlier stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Second visit to Oakwood Premier, Pune. I had high expectations as I was blown away with our stay last year. We were 3 couples so we booked a 2 BHK & a Studio.

Positives:

1) Apartments in a fantastic condition.
2) Great location at Koregaon park.
3) Courteous staff provide great service.
4) Oakwood has tied up with a local supermarket which delivers consumables at the hotel (minimum order Rs 750)

Negatives:

1) Food was a let down. We had the lunch buffet and next day's breakfast at their Senses restaurant. The lunch buffet has a decent variety but the food wasn't up to the mark. I believe Oakwood has a good amount of foreign clientele, hence the food has been fine tuned to suit their palette. The food was short on spices and some dishes were bland.

2) The breakfast session was chaotic.The restaurant was packed with in house guests. Luckily we were allotted a table in no time. But because of such a massive crowd, the breakfast wasn't up to the mark. The idli's were hard, our eggs had to be sent back as they weren't cooked properly, etc.

Would we return. Yes, but hoping Oakwood can sort out the above issues till then.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor have a private garden!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Trishal R, Director of Sales and Marketing at Marriott Suites Pune, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Oakwood Premier Pune.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor on your positive and negative thoughts about the property.

Do accept our apologies on the inconvenience caused during Breakfast and your feedback has been shared with our Food and beverage teams including our Food and Beverage Director and Executive Chef at the property. It is our earnest endeavor to ensure that our guests enjoy a memorable experience at the property and we do take your comments seriously

Your compliments about the staff in particular, delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team as well.

Thanks ever so much for sharing your feedback again and do contact me on your next trip to Pune as I can introduce myself to you.

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to The Oakwood.

Trishal Rao

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Indonesian first
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

A clean spacious room with plenty of amenities. Air conditioning worked perfectly and was great to keep cool during the day/night. The gym here was a decent size and with a good mix of weights and cardio equipment.

The staff from reception, guards to waiters/waitresses in the restaurants/bars were all really friendly and attentive.

The food quality was good to excellent in both senses and the bistro. The italian bistro was my favourite.

Highly recommended and would definitely stay again next time in Pune.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Trishal R, Director of Sales and Marketing at Marriott Suites Pune, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Oakwood Premier Pune .

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. Your compliments about the staff in particular, delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team. It is our earnest endeavor to ensure that our guests enjoy a memorable experience and I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay with us.

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to The Oakwood in Pune

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

Good staff, always trying to help out.

Apartments well kept and of good size.

House keeping timing and attention could be better.

Pool definitely needs to be livelier and at a better location.

Overall, a good experience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank msampat
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Oakwood Premier in Pune and for sharing your generous feedback through TripAdvisor. The team is very happy to receive your feedback and to learn that you had a wonderful stay at the property. You feedback on House keeping has been shared with the concerned manager and he will ensure this is taken up in our regular briefings.

We look forward to your next visit in Pune at the Oakwood

regards

Pune, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

Last week my wife and I (who live in Pune) decide to take a weekend break. We have two little kids who we packed off to my mother-in-laws place and both of us checked in at the Oakwood. All I can say is... we had the time of our life. Great food, excellent Gym, super collection of movies... and most importantly spacious and well equipped rooms.

I will be doing this once every quarter!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Oakwood Premier Pune .

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor about Oakwood and wonderful to know that you are living in Pune.

Thanks ever so much for sharing your feedback and I look forward to meeting you on your next trip to the Oakwood Premier in Pune.

Kind regards,

Good facilities
Well located

Negatives:
None I can think off
Food expensive but probably worth it.

Highy recommended.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank iffy81
Trishal R, Director of Sales and Marketing at Marriott Suites Pune, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Oakwood Premier Pune among luxury hotels in Pune. I am pleased at your appreciation for our hospitality and product on offer and look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Pune

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

The location of this hotel is absolutely ideal with may great restaurants in the vicinity. The hotel itself was top notch. I could not have been happier with the apartments. The apartments were well stocked with all the amenities you could even imagine you need, the staff was professional and polite, room service was fast and efficient. The food was also good, very satisfactory. All in all this place is definitely value for money, I was delighted by the entire experience. If I'm ever in Pune again this will be the place I'll be staying.

My only peeve was that only the 2 bedrooms and higher apartments have the bathtub amenity.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Oakwood Premier in Pune and we are happy to receive your feedback through Tripadvisor. Your feedback is motivating and thank you for sparing your time to post a review.

The team and I, look forward to your continued visits.

Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

We stayed at the Oakwood Premiere for our first 5 months when moving to Pune and to be honest we could have stayed there for our complete 2 year stay. On entering you are greeted with a warm welcome and from that moment on every time you passed through the bright reception you were greeted with wide smiles and welcoming greeting of "Good morning Mr & Mrs........" - i later found out how they did this as it amazed me that the staff remembered each and everybody's name....!!!

I will not try to remember each and every one of their names but from the GM to the polite security guards that welcome you on each visit it feels like you are back with 'the family' - hence as I said at the top our 5 months could have easily lasted a lot lot longer.

So if you are looking for a warm welcome, fantastic food and great friends I would most definitely recommend a stay at this wonderful warm welcoming (WWW) venue.

Ask'em about the Zumba classes.......!!!!

Regards
Nick

Room Tip: Whatever your requirement 1,2 or 3 bedrooms you will not have a problem finding what you need.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderfuI review and comments about the property. We do believe in personalised and exceptional service and your comments does motivate us.

We look forward to your future return