“Be careful of your card transactions at the Barbeque nation.”
Review of Barbeque Nation

Barbeque Nation
Ranked #6 of 6,882 Restaurants in Pune
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I visited this place in June last year with my family friends of about 8 to 10 us, food was Barbeque for sure that what it says, damn it,but was lacking in taste, as we had a few drinks , the taste does not matter after that, we just wanted to eat something, after spending about 6 to 7 grand my friend paid the tab using his credit card, After a week to his horror he got a fright of his life that he was charged twice, he had to come back to Pune again to setlle it and the manager acted dumb blaming the credit card company for everything but infact the waiter disappeared with the card earlier and later took us to another counter to ring it again.This was the first and the last time for me or my friends to visit that place. Its a definete no no from me.

2  Thank Vicky P
Write a ReviewReviews (1,002)

Reviewed January 30, 2013

This restaurant was proposed to us by the colleagues and also by the local Indian counterpart as one of the best.

We actually stayed at Sayaji Hotel and when we arrived we tried to get the place - it was hopelss as the hotel guest you have no priority and to wait an hour after drive from Mumbai was a bit too harsh (so we used the hotel restaurant a the ground floor- it was also good and reasonable priced by the way! - not sure I can do the rivew for it).

I have booked the restaurant for myself only as the rest of the team left the next day, the hotel floor staff did it for me after the second reminder, though!

The restaurant pretty straightforward - you need to choose between the vegeterian and none vegeterian starters (they are coming from the grill fire actually, not the rest of the food) - this will determine the cost of your eating - you may eat as much of those starters as you want - yet you need to be beware as the waiters keep offering you to take the second one too - would you like to taste the (non)vegeterian starters- as you take them also you will pay two!!! This is a kind of cheating in the western view, but rather reasonable for local folks and it is seams Ok for me too.

As I am not vegetarian I have selected the none vegetarian ones - that was checken pieces, fish pieces and shrimps grilled - you got your own grill set (in the middle of the table it is special whole for this) and you need to ask for the spice level - this is also vital as you got the average Indian spice level, which is by far too high for me, TOO HOT! So I have asked no spice - for the second time I asked less spice and it was still too hot!

Before the start you got the chicken tight - just one, but every time:) it is not hot by the way!

The waiter(s)- actually there is more than one serving you will keep serving the starters till you not "bend the flag down" - while keeping the persuading you to taste the other variety (I have not done - so cannot comment on the vegi starters). The overall quality of the starters (as the food in general) very good and you got fit after three to four rounds.

As soon as you are done with the starters - you can go around the main dishes - it is a rather good variety with the dishes of vegitable, chicken and lamb + some fish (I had a piece of lobster even in some dish, but no fish fork to eat it - what a pitty!)

The drinks and the bevarages are extra cost.

Taste the bread - it is great - both butter and garlic (if you like one as it is alot of garlic inside!).

Beer is Kingfisher - standard.

Deserts are OK, but I never managed to get so far as after the starters and some main dish you are too far for deserts - but they look not too sweet and tasty!

Overall for the cost it is OK, not specially cheap but not overprice. I think I paid ca 12 euro with not vegetarian starters and water (beer) as a drink.

You need to book it over the weekdays, as it is always crowded and you also need to take care of the group if you want.

Overall recomended place, as I seen less around - would recomend it for all cases - and one more point as it is sits on the roof you got pleanty of fresh air, which is nice in the climat.!
Overall the

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had a wonderful time with my family. The way they serve the barbeque menu is wonderful. A delight for veg and non veg lovers. Sea food and crab excellent. Only book a table in advance, especially if going for dinner. Price is reasonable. Service is excellent. I am happy this place is very near to my home in Pune. It has a vast variety of tasty veg, non-veg and sea food starters.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

BBQ is our fav destination for team lunches. The only thing u need to be cautious about is the booking of a table. Do it in advance else u may end up waiting in the queue. Moreover the group dance is a delight to watch :)

Reviewed January 21, 2013

There is a good variety of tasty veg and non-veg starters including fish & prawns. Service is excellent.
The spread of veg and non-veg main course and sweets is quite mouth watering.
Definitely worth visiting.