“Fabulous Place”
Review of Green Gate Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pune
Green Gate Resort
Ranked #50 of 224 Hotels in Pune
Maharashtra
“Fabulous Place”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Green Gate resort is a hidden treasure. Nestled deep in Mulshi, the hotel is right beside the Mulshi lake which is easily walk-able from the property. Rooms and restrooms were clean and neat. We stayed in the suite (family room) in July 2013. It was right during the peak of monsoons. The view from the rooms was spectacular. Their in house (pure veg) restaurant catered well to our food requirements.

Their staff were very helpful with advises for places to visit.

Do not miss their Gulab Jamuns - they are out of the world. Travelled with family and elders and they also loved the place. Will definitely stay with them again. You can consider them for all budget travels.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank KushYatri

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Stayed here for a day April 24th, its very nice for family . Food is the very good lot of vegeterian options and very good quality. Staff is helpful and cheerful. .We enjoyed a lot in the swimming pool, especially the kids pool. Rooms are well maintained and all the appliances and A/C are working nice.

The property has a quick access to the Mulshi lake. We enjoyed the sunset at the lake which was a high point. Its such a clean, private and calm lake. We ordered our food at the room and had lunch overlooking the lake. And in the morning got up early to experience the changing colours of nature..

Its not for an action packed weekend resort. .. Its a place to experience the silence, wind, birds and lake. . . nice to slow dawn for some time, observe, feel and refresh.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Ritesh C
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed here just for a night but the place is really good. Located on the road and near the famous mulshi falls. Swimming pool is having nice view of Mulshi backwaters. Family rooms are really worth for a family of 4, but need to book well in advance due to limited room and the place becoming popular. The complimentary breakfast was really nice, they offer you any breakfast that is available in their menu. Kids really enjoy the pool.

Some cons: No alcohol, No mobile coverage and no play area for kids though they have a lawn where we can play badminton, football etc. but no swing/slides etc...

Room Tip: Family rooms are good for a family of 4, but no AC (which is not required except summer)
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank GAjit
Panvel, India
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Don't even try booking this Resort!

I got telephonic confirmation for the booking on cell number given. Similar to one more review before, I had terrible experience with booking executive. I was calling him on daily basis to send confirmation on my mail or cell phone with Bank details to deposit the 100% money. Today once again when I followed up for booking, the shameless creature told me that the dates are not available!!! He has screwed my outing plans totally. I fill relived because if before booking they are so horrible, what service they will be providing to customers. It is not even worth wasting time to give review but to help other people I am doing so. Please do not opt for this resort at all if you want comfortable outings.

Room Tip: strongly recommend not to go for this Resort.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Mahesh_Mhatre

Travelers are raving about these Pune hotels

Reviewed December 1, 2013

1) Nice location , but at night it becomes too dark since they do not have much of lights . after i told they arranged for a nice big lights.
2) Veg food is very nice with good taste and quick service.
3) People are friendly , and there was no complain about that

Suggestion's:
1) They can make this place more lively by having some bon fire or some other activities at night.
2) They do not have any information about what are the TODO places near by , and i was forced to search with my GPS.

In all its a good place to spend one day over the weekend with a pin drop silence , and some nice food. you can enjoy sitting beside the mulshi lake.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We wanted to spend a weekend at a place nearby Pune and found this resort on tripadvisor. Called them for the booking and the attendant said that he will send someone to collect the money. They don't have bank transfer facility and not the online payment. I gave them my contact number. He asked for alternative contact number and I provided that as well. I waited for 2-3 days for that person to arrive and collect the money. But nobody came. I did not get any call on any of the number as well. Then I called up the resort again and to my surprise, the response was that they contacted me on my primary number and since I did not respond they offered that room to someone else.
This is terrible service. I mean, if my primary no. did not work, they could have tried the alternative no. When I brought this to notice, the person said, he will check and inform next day. Till date I have not got any call from the resort.
This is pathetic service.

I will recommend ppl who want to visit this place that make sure your booking is done and room is allocated to you & only you and not others. Also, follow-up with the hotel staff frequently till the time you reach the resort and settle in the room. You never know that you will get the room or not....

Room Tip: Make sure that your booking is confirmed.....
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Kedar-KeKu
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We went for a family get-together and had booked 4 rooms. The climate during rainy season is nostalgic with rainfall and fog. The swimming pool had a deck where we had attached our speakers and had wonderful time in the pool and dancing. They had very good food for vegetarians and if you are travelling with the kids chocolate milk, idlis, dosas are also available. The club house is well maintained with carrom board and snooker table. We missed ping pong. The lake is just few steps away and do not miss to visit it.

Special comment on the customer service. We forgot a branded purse with valuables amounting to around 70K INR but we received a call after we left from the hotel reception and we returned to collect it. Everything was intact. We loved the place and thanks to the hotel staff for making our trip memorable.

Room Tip: Opt for Big non-AC rooms. They face Swimming pool and the Lake is also visible form the balcony. The...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Ankur U
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pune
Mercure Lavasa
#5 of 487 in Pune
Mantra Resort Pune
Mantra Resort Pune
#17 of 207 in Pune

Been to Green Gate Resort? Share your experiences!