“Useless management and booking executives.”
Review of Green Gate Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pune
Green Gate Resort
Ranked #51 of 222 Hotels in Pune
Panvel, India
“Useless management and booking executives.”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Don't even try booking this Resort!

I got telephonic confirmation for the booking on cell number given. Similar to one more review before, I had terrible experience with booking executive. I was calling him on daily basis to send confirmation on my mail or cell phone with Bank details to deposit the 100% money. Today once again when I followed up for booking, the shameless creature told me that the dates are not available!!! He has screwed my outing plans totally. I fill relived because if before booking they are so horrible, what service they will be providing to customers. It is not even worth wasting time to give review but to help other people I am doing so. Please do not opt for this resort at all if you want comfortable outings.

Room Tip: strongly recommend not to go for this Resort.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Mahesh_Mhatre

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed December 1, 2013

1) Nice location , but at night it becomes too dark since they do not have much of lights . after i told they arranged for a nice big lights.
2) Veg food is very nice with good taste and quick service.
3) People are friendly , and there was no complain about that

Suggestion's:
1) They can make this place more lively by having some bon fire or some other activities at night.
2) They do not have any information about what are the TODO places near by , and i was forced to search with my GPS.

In all its a good place to spend one day over the weekend with a pin drop silence , and some nice food. you can enjoy sitting beside the mulshi lake.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We wanted to spend a weekend at a place nearby Pune and found this resort on tripadvisor. Called them for the booking and the attendant said that he will send someone to collect the money. They don't have bank transfer facility and not the online payment. I gave them my contact number. He asked for alternative contact number and I provided that as well. I waited for 2-3 days for that person to arrive and collect the money. But nobody came. I did not get any call on any of the number as well. Then I called up the resort again and to my surprise, the response was that they contacted me on my primary number and since I did not respond they offered that room to someone else.
This is terrible service. I mean, if my primary no. did not work, they could have tried the alternative no. When I brought this to notice, the person said, he will check and inform next day. Till date I have not got any call from the resort.
This is pathetic service.

I will recommend ppl who want to visit this place that make sure your booking is done and room is allocated to you & only you and not others. Also, follow-up with the hotel staff frequently till the time you reach the resort and settle in the room. You never know that you will get the room or not....

Room Tip: Make sure that your booking is confirmed.....
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Kedar-KeKu
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We went for a family get-together and had booked 4 rooms. The climate during rainy season is nostalgic with rainfall and fog. The swimming pool had a deck where we had attached our speakers and had wonderful time in the pool and dancing. They had very good food for vegetarians and if you are travelling with the kids chocolate milk, idlis, dosas are also available. The club house is well maintained with carrom board and snooker table. We missed ping pong. The lake is just few steps away and do not miss to visit it.

Special comment on the customer service. We forgot a branded purse with valuables amounting to around 70K INR but we received a call after we left from the hotel reception and we returned to collect it. Everything was intact. We loved the place and thanks to the hotel staff for making our trip memorable.

Room Tip: Opt for Big non-AC rooms. They face Swimming pool and the Lake is also visible form the balcony. The...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Ankur U
Pune, India
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Got to know about this resort on tripadvisor and based on the reviews here finalized this as my weekend gateway. I really want to thank all of the reviewers for this resort as all the information provided are genuine and valid till date.

We stayed there for a day in the lake view room. My feedback as follows:

Pros:
- Good room with ac, TV and wooden interior. (Charges Rs. 2000/day)
- Pool table and Carrom for recreation.
- The view of the mulshi dam's backwater is really good from the resort.
- Good location, there is a famous waterfall 2-3 KM from the resort.
- Good food and complimentary breakfast (we loved the south indian snacks there)

Cons:
- On weekdays it becomes lonely, so better to go in groups or go on weekends.
- Food is a bit costly.
- Room service can be improved

I would recommend this resort for sure...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Kamlesh K
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I booked two Lake view cottages for a day.(Room no 6,7 on 20th April 2013)
Experience was very satisfactory.
Best:
Rooms and Cleanliness.
Lake View.
Swimming Pool - worth a splash.
Room service
Food - Only Veg.
Recreational activities- Pool, carrom n hockey.

Worst:
Drainage that is let out into the lake, generates bad smell. And when the breeze direction is towards the room, its a dampner. I think management has to look into this seriously.

For people travelling from Pune - this is the nearest and best getaway. Relax your nerves. chillout. worth a visit.

Room Tip: For couples, choose lake view cottages to enjoy the privacy.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Krishna2pc
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We went to Green Gate Resort in December 2012 for our family reunion. After visiting many resorts near Pune city, I selected this place. It has 10 rooms and we had booked all of them. We had an amazing 2 days there. Really good service and enjoyed the hospitality. The mornings were really nice as we walked up to the lake and sat there sipping on hot tea. The pool and gazebo area is neat. The rooms are big and well maintained. A special mention about the food. It is surprisingly good! All veg, but everything they served was very good. We also trekked opposite to the street up on a hill and there is a small temple. The manager, Kumar, made our stay really comfortable as he took care of our each and every request. I want to visit this place again in monsoon. I highly recommend this resort for people who are looking for a have q quiet time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank Ritesh_Baheti
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pune
The Waterfront Shaw, Lavasa
Paradise Country
Paradise Country
#6 of 488 in Pune
The Ark Wellness Retreat

Been to Green Gate Resort? Share your experiences!