“very good short stay”

Ranked #36 of 222 Hotels in Pune
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“very good short stay”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I was at this hotel for 2 nights. the check in was smooth and quick. The room was clean well kept. The bathroom had toiletries and a bathtub. overall no complaints. The buffet breakfast was adequate. very attentive staff. I tried the lunch buffet at the coffee shop and found it good. I did not get a chance to visit the gym. housekeeping responded to my request for a towel within minutes. The location is good and the hotel left me with a good impression.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
tcph, Front Office Manager at The Central Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Guest,
We at “The Central Park Hotel” would like to take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us while your visit to Pune.
We appreciate the valuable time you took to share your comments on Trip advisor and are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Kenneth Ferrao

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Once a good hotel but now on the decline with a lot of help from the staff in pushing it into oblivion. Stayed here from 18 - 20 April with family in 3 rooms.
I used to be a regular here but the standards have really declined over each successive visit.
Worse..a complaint from a customer is accorded scant respect...front desk, room service and bar staff are especially bad...except for reservations staff - specially sujata, is the only saving grace of this dump.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Vinodrags
tcph, Front Office Manager at The Central Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Guest,
Greetings from The Central Park Hotel !!
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced in respect to the air conditioning and the services provided to you at the hotel.
There had been air conditioning issues in certain parts of the hotel during your stay. We were unable to shift you to another room as you needed all three rooms on the same floor. Also in regards to the services for your cocktail coupons, it is clearly mentioned that it is valid at the bar between 7 and 9pm hence the same was not provided to you in your room.
At The Central Park Hotel, we take pride in ensuring our customer’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. The hotel is actively working to improve service levels and your feedback has proved to be invaluable.
Thank you for sparing your time in giving your feedback on Tripadvisor and bringing these matters to our attention. Your comments will help us serve you and all our guest better in the future.
We continue to be committed to provide you and all our guests with the highest standard of service in the industry. We look forward to your continued patronage and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors

Warm regards,
Front Office Manager
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Stayed here for three nights.

Pros and Cons:

1. The room was well-designed and very spacious... probably one of the more spacious hotel rooms that I've stayed in. BUT it had a really bad musty, damp smell. The first night was a miserable one because the smell was so strong. I didn't want to call front desk because I was really tired after a long busy day so I tolerated it. I complained to housekeeping and front desk about it the next morning and when I got back to the room later that evening, I found the room smelling fresh and clean. However, by the time morning rolled around, it had gone back to the original bad smell.

2. The staff were responsive to my requests and took care of matters that I requested of them, but the majority of them seemed to be anti-smile. But I guess smiling doesn't really matter if they're taking care of what you need.

3. On my second morning, I was woken up pretty early by consistent knocking on my door with the announcement of "room service!" They had gotten the rooms wrong, and as a result, woke me up.

This hotel has good potential and I remember that it used to be one of the better hotels in Pune a few years ago. I'm sad to say that it is rapidly declining and doesn't seem to be keeping up with the high competition it has with all the other hotels sprouting up around it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Greetings from The Central Park Hotel !!
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced in respect to the smell in the room, air conditioning and the services provided to you at the hotel.
We are in a process of renovating all our rooms to wooden flooring, hence there would be no complaints of musty smell again. Lastly, about the knocking at your door by room service, we once again sincerely apologies to you.
Thank you for sparing your time in giving your feedback on Trip advisor and bringing these matters to our attention. Your comments will help us serve you and all our guest better in the future.

Warm regards,
Kenenth Ferrao
Front Office
Pune, India
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a night and was deeply disappointed by the service provided and the staff attitude. When we book a '4 Star' hotel we just don't expect a room and a bed to sleep on. We expect an experience which is ruined when you have discourteous and uninformed staff. I faced several issues starting with the help in booking a cab to food to info on places to visits to billing. There was lack of coordination b/w the staff, absolute chaos. People around were not at all helpful and had attitude problem.
These guys should not be in service industry, they don't know what service means. Not worth the money and has full capacity to ruin your trip just by their attitude.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
tcph, Front Office Manager at The Central Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Central Park Hotel !!!

We are extremely concerned with the dissatisfaction and inconvenience you have faced during your visit to our hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies for the same.

We assure you of our best services whenever you are in Pune and look forward to have you as our guest once again.

Yours sincerely,

Ahmedabad
Reviewed March 31, 2014

The hotel had excellent reviews on trip advisor which spurred me to book this hotel. I was a bit skeptical about the reviews, but i found the offer attractive enough to give it a try. Although, before i reached the hotel and after i reached the hotel, I had to remind the reception about the terms of my reservation, I have no complaints on the services they offered me after reminding them about the terms. I am a frequent traveler to all parts of India and I have no qualms about recommending this hotel to anyone. It is total VFM.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

tcph, Front Office Manager at The Central Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2014

Vasai, India
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I had a visit to Pune in Jan 2013 and had 2 day stay in this hotel. The rooms are quite spacious and clean. The hotel is very near to the Railway Station. I definitely recommend to all those looking for a decent hotel in Pune.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Kochi (Cochin), India
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I had a smooth check-in and check-out. Rooms are quite spacious and bathroom is pretty clean. Sleep quality is good. Just aside Inox theatre and very near to railway station gives it an added advantage. Food is a bit expensive though. Spread in buffet breakfast is average only and the coffee served here was disastrous. Overall a good place to be in!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business