“Nasty hostile place - and this is the effect of mass meditation?” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Osho International Meditation Resort and Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pune
Osho International Meditation Resort and Guesthouse
Ranked #18 of 478 Specialty Lodging in Pune
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Nasty hostile place - and this is the effect of mass meditation?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

We got as far as the reception counter outside. Told by a rude and disinterested woman at the counter that it was shut (at 3.45 pm), that if we wanted to come in we'd have to come back tomorrow and have an AIDS test and pay for it, (please, how stupid do they think people are - as if AIDS tests can be done by a pinprick and the results shown immediately? And why - do they actually think people are going to be having random sex with strangers on their property?), that there was a 2400 INR fee to enter to even be able to walk around the gardens and have lunch at the restaurant,and we would then have to sit through an 18-minute induction video, and also buy maroon robes to wear whilst on the property. She got positively hostile when we questioned the need for an AIDS test, and accused us of having "issues" that we needed to address. Having read a bit about Osho's teachings, we were stunned at the attitude. Dozens of people in maroon robes passed us while we were standing there, none of whom looked friendly or happy or even, dare I say, normal. We turned around and walked away, happily taking photos of all the gorgeous old properties in the pretty street near the OSHO centre. (Here I need to point out that the OSHO centre is surrounded by black 18 foot high walls, and there's nothing visible from the street apart from the reception counter at the entrance.) Next thing, an angry security guard came out from another part of the centre across the road, yelling at us that he wanted our cameras, that it was forbidden to take photos of the OSHO centre as it was private property, and he actually came at us in a very threatening way. Luckily I had my phone with me and told him if he touched us I would call the police, as we were on a public road and were entitled to take photos of anything we liked. Despite that, he still followed us, shouting angrily. See photos of the angry man. Good grief - this is supposed to be a place where one seeks enlightenment? Methinks not.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
57 Thank Henry L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Navi Mumbai, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I went to Osho Ashram, Pune in end Feb 2013. . The very first thing I would like to say is that it is very different from a traditional Indian Ashram. However, if you go with an open mind and reasonable amount of money, you are likely to enjoy your stay.

Osho ashram is quite calm and serene and the entire experience is quite blissful. Programme is run quite professionally and all basic facilities are present. The programme is organized to give variety of options: dance, meditation, discussion, archery, discourse, swimming, reading etc. Meditations start at 6 am and go upto 10 pm. These are optional and one is free to attend or not to attend. You can just be yourself and there are no compulsions. Osho developed around 100 different meditations. Each day there is an assortment of different meditations. Some of those are held daily, some occur only on fixed days.

Fixed charges for first timers: Rs. 1100- Test+welcome, Rs. 550-entrance (This is for Indians. 1100 for foreigners). Rs. 750-maroon robe, Rs. 750 - white robe. Get a pair of clean white socks.

A locker would require a deposit of 350 (refundable), with 40.00 charge on per day basis.

Above is minimum if you eat and stay outside. In general a meal inside would cost Rs. 300.00 minimum.

Quality of food is excellent. Both Indian and continental vegetarian food is available (Eggs are available).

Overall a worthwhile experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Price: Expensive
Meditation Experience: Horrible
Behavior from people: Rude

Bad Experience:
1. I was planning to visit Osho Meditation Resort so I booked Osho Guest house in advance and that time price was 3000+Tax/night. After two weeks I received a notice that price is changed from 3000 to 5000 so either you need to pay or we can cancel the reservation. I decided to cancel my reservation.

2. Guy who was doing registration was very rude and not able to speak english properly. They take only cash for registration and daily pass. I asked for the receipt and they told me that we dont give receipt. (Black money beby !) If you want to buy anything then you need to buy a voucher for that you also need CASH $$$$$$$$$$

3. After registration and welcome morning, they were giving the registration pass to everyone. One Indian Lady called me separately and told me that "You are an Indian guy and we always Indian guy about rules here. In Indian culture we dont respect to women and guys think that it is easy to get foreigner girl" Nice !!!!!! I didn`t know how should I react because I was really disappointed and shocked.

4. Robe you guy at shop cost me 800 Rs which is double price compare to market.

This place is no more Osho meditation resort but Osho meditation Shop which is managed by unprofessional people with the purpose of making black money only. They call themselves sanyasi but they are ripping of people.

Purpose of writing this review it to share my experience and not to criticize.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
46 Thank hero35805
Jaisalmer
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

This is perfect place in India where you can relax, Meditate, practice different techniques to find your self.
I love the staff. every one have smile and positive energy. I feel so light after being there.
from welcome center to Zorba restaurant. it was great.
I did white rob meditation, No dimention, sitting silence, viapassana, bollywood dance and many more.
It was little expensive for me so i couldn't stay more then 5 days, but love to go back.
I really recommend this place who searching mystic experience in India..

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
16 Thank AAsharaph
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

i was there for 4 days in beginning of july this year. firstly let me tell you that this place is not for the people who are looking for a vacation and considering it only as a hotel/accommodation. Talking about the staff, they are as courteous as one can be always wearing a smile on their face.
Talking about the rules and discipline, yes, it is strict, you have security cameras everywhere in the campus but that is for your own safety. And I also read some ladies complaining about men hitting into them, well, you always have a right to say no and if all the conditions dont improve, you can always go to the welcome center and complain, the meditation pass of the guy would be taken away for life with no questions asked so you basically dont need to worry about that.
The environment is so green and has so much of positive energy that you are bound to get relaxed. And last but not the least, if you go there, i would suggest you go with an open or an empty mind, this is not just a visiting place, it has the power of transformation, if you are empty, you will discover your inner being.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
17 Thank Deepak_Kunal
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2012

I stayed for six weeks in Osho International Meditation Resort in February and part of March. I booked a room for one month and participated in the Multiversity Plus program which gave me a room and twelve full days of courses included in the price as well as the daily meditations, morning classes (yoga, Tai Chi etc.,) evening events - dancing and more. I extended my stay for another two weeks. The room which contained a fridge was large, beautiful and very clean with a gorgeous attached bathroom. There were windows on two walls of the room and air conditioning. The sheets were changed for me and the room cleaned once a week and laundry was included.
I had a really restful, relaxing stay and loved all the meditations. I was free to participate in anything I liked, whenever I liked, as well as swimming, jacuzzi, sauna and gymnasium. The people I met there, including many new people, were very friendly. It is a fantastic place for people who want to meditate and look inside themselves without anybody telling you what to do - there are so many meditations, courses, sessions and classes to choose from. The twelve days of courses I did were amazing.
I ate every day in the restaurant called 'Zorba the Buddha', which overlooked the pool. There are two restaurants in the Resort which both serve very tasty vegetarian food, and also a cappuchino bar which is open in the evenings.
The evening events - meditations, and also entertainments like variety shows (which people could participate in), disco dancing, music, and even karaoke, were a lot of fun. I enjoyed staying up late at night and getting up in the early morning to do Dynamic meditation in the wonderful pyramid auditorium.
All in all I had a wonderful time and I am longing to go there again as soon as I can take a holiday. Before when I went there I stayed outside the Resort in a rented room but it is so much better staying in a room inside. The meditations are going on all day long and I could go back to my room to rest in between when I wanted to. People can choose to work there if they like but I chose to stay there and have a holiday.
I absolutely recommend this place for people who want to go deep in meditation and have a relaxing holiday as well.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
26 Thank Angela P
Somerset, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2012

Osho teachings are not for everybody. If you are one of the lucky ones who have decided to find something more....go here..you will be either shocked or happily surprised. In either case...you will WIN

Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple