“Pune trip”
Review of Treebo Bel Air

Treebo Bel Air
Ranked #194 of 232 Hotels in Pune
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This hotel is good value for the money.The rooms are spacious and staff are courteous.But maintenance needs to to be improved.The location of the hotel is excellent.Buffet breakfast is average,although it is complementary.Better to take the rooms in third floor rather than first floor as music from the bar hears in the first floor.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have been staying at this apart hotel for past 8years and over the years it has been going down fast. This time again I stayed hoping they would have now improved, I was disappointed again !! We had 1bedroom apartment with torn sofas in the sitting area. I don't even want to think about the filthy mattresses, pillows and quilts. All these filthy stuff were covered with white sheets but we could still smell the damp through the cover. I am so surprised that they are allowed to sell this as they advertise on line!! Breakfast is not even worth eating. We did ask to be moved but they could not offer another room ?! May be because they were all like that. One side of the reception area was full of old rubbish which was flies and mosquitoes paradise ! However the actual reception area was kept very clean which is deceiving. The only thing good thing about this place was the cost which was lower than other places. I wish they would charge little more but give you clean accommodation. We were not looking for 5 star just clean place. The only thing that keeps this place going were the helpful staff. The manager Ashish is trying his best considering the situation he is in. I think the owner should try to stay here himself !! I would advise ....Only stay if you have no other choice. The location is amazing.

Room Tip: Actually view the rooms before you choose to stay here !!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ganesh18
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My overall experience in Bel Air Suites was plain average. I was given a suite having a bedroom and a living room. Mattress in the bed room was very old and sunk. Sleep quality was not good. Sofa sets in the living room were torn with sponge coming out of them. Bathroom was very sloppy. Breakfast quality was poor. Despite all this staff were extremely courteous. The only high point of this Hotel is its location Koregaon which is quite a happening place in Pune.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I stayed in this hotel alone as a tourist for three nights in March 2012.
Initially I was told the room I had booked was occupied as they had double-booked, but they would happily upgrade me to an apartment. They gave me a choice of two.
I soon realised the one I chose had a microwave in the kitchen area with a plug on it that didn't fit any socket in the apartment. It also had a two ringed gas hob on the worktop with no gas supply. There was a kettle and tea making facilities, but no cups and no bowls in the cupboard, so I couldn't even have a bowl of cereal.
When I complained I was initially told I hadn't paid for a microwave, but when I suggested that if a microwave was there then it ought to work, the moved me to another apartment. Again - no cups, no bowls and no gas, though the microwave was working.
I called reception who said a steward would come to my room to see what I needed. 40 minutes later, no steward had come. I rang again and was reassured they would come. They didn't. 145 minutes later my phone rang. Reception said that the store room was closed. I didn't see why this had anything to do with my request, as there was a restaurant within the hotel and was reassured again that the bowls and cups would be with me shortly. I didn't believe them, so went to reception and refused to move until I had them in my hands. This brought about instant results, though they brought me plates instead of bowls. Finally I got what I asked for - a simple request that nobody seemed to be able to cope with.
That evening there was no water in the bathroom to flush the loo or wash. I was so fed up of visits and phonecalls to reception by then that I decided not to bother telling them about it and the water didn't come back on at any point.
I didn't sleep well due to traffic noise outside.
The following day I was asked to move to a room on the first floor. I refused, as this was not the room I had booked and I had been told that first floor rooms overlooked the bar area, so they would be noisy. Later that afternoon I was moved to the room I had originally booked. There were no towels, but luckily the linen store was across the corridor, so I was able to call in person to get some. God forbid I should have to deal with reception again!
Apart from the towels, the room was clean and comfortable, though still quite noisy from the singers in the bar area until about 10.30pm and traffic all night.
Air conditioning in both apartments and the room were in good, working order and all the rooms were clean.
The hotel is in a good location for shops, entertainment and transport. The restaurant serves multi-cuisine food which is varied and tasty. Service in the restaurant was good.
The service in this place lets them down badly and there is absolutely no need for it to be like that. They are simple things to rectify and anyone with an ounce of common sense could avoid these issues from occurring. I will definitely avoid this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: I stayed in 2 separate apartments on the third floor, both very noisy from traffic outside. I also...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Catherine K
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I stayed at the Bel-Air suites when I had an old friend visiting from Mumbai. Since I am a frequent business traveler, I am used to reading the reviews of a hotel before booking / staying there. Was in two minds due to the mixed reviews till now however my friend had already booked a room so it was just a cautionary read. However I was pleasantly surprised by the experience at Bel-Air.

Mr. Gajanan at the front desk was a pleasant and accommodative person. The 1 BHK was comfortable and the kitchen can be a good add-on for a late night snack.. though thankfully we didn’t have to resort to it; we needed a late night snack and Mr. Gajanan obliged with sandwiches at 2 am too!!

However the biggest find was their restaurant Kebab studio. After reading the previous reviews, I had thought of a few restaurants we could visit for dinner but decided to check Kebab Studio anyways. The ambience looked quite cozy. Read a few quick reviews online and we decided that the place was worth a try.. Quite happy that we did!! Great kebabs, tangy Dal Makhni and a must try, their Chura Paratha!!

Overall, for us it was a good stay at the tariff charged (since I have my expectations aligned to the tariff I pay). Would certainly recommend a stay and a visit to Kebab studio.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mehul_Bonde
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Don,t stay to this hotel. Not clean & Poor breakfast quality. I am ordering breakfast for Omelet. Order received 1 hrs. They asking me egg not available.& front office person very attitudely talking .Why staying to this hotel?

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank vishwa304554
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Bel Air is definitely my worst travel experience till date. I stayed there for a night and I don't think I could've tolerated another second of the place, as disorganised as it can be!

We called the sales guy, Yogesh (listed on their website) on friday evening who confirmed that a room was available and that the tariff would be Rs. 1,900 plus taxes including breakfast. Yogesh also confirmed that he would send us a mail which never reached us. We called him again and he said that we needn't worry and just go there.

When we reached Pune on sat morning and called him again he seemed to have forgotten about the booking completely and said he'd call us back. After a lot of wait when we called him back he said he only had a 2 BHK available which would cost us Rs. 3,500 plus taxes!!!

After a LOT of to and fro (and I can't even begin to recollect the number of times we went back and forth on the phone) he apologised and gave us a room at 2,200 all inclusive. The check in took some 15 mins which is insane!

The room itself was not well maintained and TV wasn't functioning. The housekeeping boy managed to get it on but with very bad reception and a non working remote. He then said he'd get us a working remote which was never delivered to us.

In the morning we called the reception to find out where we can get breakfast and the lady, Aarti (who did the check in too) tells us bfast is only served till 10 and that we wouldn't get any now! I would think this information would be available somewhere! We weren't even told about the timings at check in. We called Yogesh again who said he will get something done but he didnt call us back either. When we called him back 20 mins later he said he thought it got sorted out so didn't call us back!!! At 12.30 a boy comes to the room to ask if we want bfast which needless to mention was useless coz we went out anyway....!

Check out again was a painful process. The guy didn't know what to do.... Aarti was not there and we were asked to wait till she came back! We asked the guy to call us should there be any dues coz we had paid at check in and hadn't ordered anything so he agreed. (Of course they don't have an in house restaurant so we couldn't have ordered anyway!)

1 hour after we left Aarti called to say we had to pay Rs. 333 as taxes.... 2,200 was only the room tariff!!! What does an ALL INCLUSIVE rate mean!!!! Again a few calls to and fro and they realised we didn't owe them anything.

I cant even begin to express my frustration with Bel Air, it ruined our trip for sure!

Room Tip: Avoid the property!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends