“Superb service, Excellent value for money, Convenient location”
Review of The O Hotel

The O Hotel
Ranked #20 of 220 Hotels in Pune
Reviewed April 19, 2014

This was my second stay in the last three months. I chose this hotel for the proximity to my business location. Was so impressed by the service, and positive, helpful attitude of front desk as well as restaurant staff. I was given a late check-out so easily after just a polite request. I liked the design, decor and details of the hotel. The gym is somewhat basic but it is compensated by the roof-top swimming pool. B'fast buffet has a limited but quite good quality choice. The chef makes good omelette. Overall, a good choice for business travelers (I saw many on leisure staying in the hotel). I wish they had a little softer bed, still highly recommended!

Room Tip: You get a better view of greenery of Pune and the skyline from the upper floors! The higher the bett...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Sanjay V
0h0tel, Owner at The O Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear Mr. Sanjay,

Thank you for the review, we as a stand alone brand , have focus on customer centricity and strive to ensure we can make each stay memorable for our guest, we look forward to your continued patronage.

There are newer reviews for The O Hotel

Reviewed April 15, 2014

One of my business colleagues recommended this hotel to me, not a familiar international brand so I was a bit skeptical in the beginning to book but I must say the hotel has surprised me with its excellent level of service right from my arrival through to my departure! Especially the Reception staff were exceptional and went the extra mile to look after me when informed that I wasnt feeling too well. Would definately return back and recommend friends to experience this personalised service!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Jacqueline L
0h0tel, Owner at The O Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear Guest,

We value your time and effort to review and post your experience. We truly feel encouraged to improve and do even better and is adrenal for the team to be appreciated. We will continue to ensure and enhance customer experience at The O always.

Warm regards and in appreciation,

Reviewed April 10, 2014

My friend and I wanted to go out since long for a weekend getaway and have a fun ladies trip and hence we decided on booking this hotel . We thought it would be safe .comfort and safety was utmost important to us ladies. I booked this hotel through its own website for the weekend. The package included free entry and brunch for their pool party Sundays on the rooftop.
We reached there on Saturday afternoon everything was smooth, we checked into our room and wow! we were impressed at the beautiful ambiance of the room and were extremely happy at our choice. We took some rest and decided to go to the pool .We called the reception to find out till what time the pool is open as it was already 6.20pm and unfortunately we were told that it shuts at 6.30pm, hence we called off that idea since it was of no use to go swimming for ten minutes.
We had no idea about the HORROR we were about to face the next day i.e. (Sunday) the pool party day, where not only the house guests but outsiders are also allowed after paying the entry fee. Everything started off well we went to the rooftop at around 2 pm, we were sitting and enjoying the good music, food and drinks. That's when it all started, there were 2 foreigners (Middle aged MEN) out of which one was acting extremely stupid and trying to flirt with us, we ignored it at first but then this guy kept coming to get his drinks from the bar and we were seated near the bar, hence every time he was there he looked and smiled and made faces, me and my friend were alone and decided to ignore him completely because we didn't want to ruin our afternoon. So we went and sat by the pool n dipped our feet in the water as there were too many people in the pool and we wanted to go in once the party was over and we would be alone, well out of nowhere the foreigner and his friend came and sat right in front of us on the opposite side of the pool and started making gestures and saying hi etc etc.. (the guy who had a pearl necklace around his neck and a brown hat was the one who was misbehaving)
Anyway back to the point, he comes out of nowhere and places his hat on my friends head and walks away while she's yelling please take your hat back, and he walks away ignoring her. So she threw his hat in the pool. In a few minutes (now this is where I get mad) he walks from behind and blows on her while passing by and we yell at him and ask him what the hell he is up to ? And ask to him get lost .All this was happening in front of the Hotel Staff and no one reacted or took any action.
All this just ruins our mood but again we decide we will enjoy the evening, the pool party ended at around 5.00-5.15 pm everyone was leaving and the pool was empty and finally we jumped in. My friend got out after a while ,I was still in and we thought everyone had left because no one but the staff was around, these two foreigners come and sit on the other table , I look around to see if people are around and was glad to see managers, waiters and 2-3 guests near the bar. anyway I got to doing my thing while my friend was up listening to music, the same old guy gets in the pool he starts to have a conversation with me I said "Sir, haven't I made it really clear to you we do not wish to talk so please stop" he says "well lady I think u have a problem with Germans", I said "no I do not, I wish to have a good evening with my friend so please leave us alone and don't bother us", he swims closer to where I am and he is yapping nonstop while I am ignoring him and all this was happening in full view of the staff.
Anyway this guy says, "ohh u like pearls?" (since I was wearing it) immediately takes off his pearl necklace and comes close to me trying to put that on me, me and my friend who was keeping a close watch (obviously) shouted and told him to get the hell out and then we had to yell at the managers there as to why they were quiet and watching the show while this guy was harassing us. I was forced to yell "kya tum log andhe ho, can't you'll see what's happening?" to which they swung into action and one guy came and said "Sir, you have to leave the pool", the foreigner asks "why?" and the staff replied "Sir the pool has shut and you have to come out" OK NOW, The pool has shut???? HELLOOOOO!!?? they should have said Sir you are misbehaving with ladies hence we cannot let you be in, but yes obviously they didn't want to offend the guests of our country. Now this foreigner guy gets real mad and demands an explanation as to why the lady is allowed to be in, if the pool has shut and goes towards the bar and starts creating a scene and demands answers and the staff was trying to reason with him saying those ladies are house guests etc etc.. I decide to get out as well in a few minutes only because I had enough drama for the day, when a staff comes from the bar where all this drama is going on and tells me "madam aap bahar nikaliye ,get out of the pool as the time is over" I ask my friend and she says there's still lot of time for 6.30pm. I say " I'm the hotel guest and the pool shuts at 6.30pm I will be out 1 minute before the timing is up ". The guy has nothing to say and walks off . We are not women who would take crap from anybody especially since I have done nothing wrong!! well after 5 minutes another guy walks over who I thought was a guest in blue t-shirt and jeans with a drink in one hand and a cigarette in the other and tells me in Hindi "madam bahar aao..."(his tone was terrible and loud) we asked him in Hindi..."tum kaun ho?" he says "main supervisor hoon"....to which I get really annoyed and ask "where is your uniform are u on duty?? Is this how you come on duty?? Without a uniform and drink and a cigarette in your hand?" .To which he says and his tone has completely mellowed down "madam bura mat mano, plz unlog halla kar rahein hain" - I said "I do not care, I will not be violated and will use all the amenities I have paid for ,go get your rule book I want to see what time the pool shuts. It was mentioned clearly to me the pool shuts at 6.30pm for house guests and 5.30pm for outsiders and those 2 men are outsiders", he had nothing to say again which was evident. Their only problem was they were being pressurized by the foreigner guy for letting us be in the pool, while he was removed" NOT "FOR MISBEHAVING WITH US, but citing timing issues, me and my friend see that those two foreigners and the staff are laughing and mocking us - (it was horrible), I got out of the pool we walked towards the bar to sign our bill. Those two guys were not to be seen, the bouncer ,I don't know his name came and said 'sorry'. We said "we didn't not expect this you'll saw them misbehaving and did nothing" to add insult to injury you'll asked us to get out of the pool twice.
NOW THIS IS THE PART I WAS REALLY DISAPPOINTED ABOUT AND SHOCKED TO HEAR THE REMARKS MADE BY THE MANAGER NAME MR. KAPIL - the manager Mr. KAPIL walks to us and asks "what's the problem madam?" I said "you know what's the problem was, those men misbehaved with us and you'll did nothing about it, you should have taken stringent and prompt action". He said "we asked them to get out of the pool" to which I answered "and what reason did your staff give them? "timing is over" you'll should have said that you people misbehaved with ladies -that is the reason you'll aren't allowed in the pool and to make matters worse the hotel staff were sitting and laughing with those foreigners - shocking !!- instead of protecting us the hotel staff listened to them and asked us to get out of the pool not once but twice...why??" THE REPLY GIVEN BY MR. KAPIL is the highlight of the day He says madam "we asked you to come out because we didn't want any problems and it was for your own safety as we cannot guarantee your safety if you would be in the pool" me and my friend were shocked at his answer, first of all he (foreigner guy)was already out of the pool we were alone how can there be a problem, there was a problem because they were complaining to you'll about letting us be in and for your own fault of not telling them that they misbehaved the manager further says "well madam that was our way of keeping the situation in control by letting you women not swim and we wanted you'll to leave to avoid complications" this is when I lost my cool with the manager and said - "what are u talking about?? you are talking like those people who say women shouldn't go out in the dark or work because they might be molested or don't do anything sit at home and don't step out to avoid problems. I said where the hell do you come off telling me all this, please think twice before you make such remarks because I am not going to take this nonsense, he says madam "cool down" I said" I will not cool down to such sexist remarks and that he should apologise for saying that "to save myself I should have been out of the pool and in my room" to which the manager realizes he has made a wrong statement but cannot retract his statement in front of his whole staff. He says "I do not want to talk to u and I cannot handle this "(really loud) and walks off, I was speechless we leave disappointed from the pool and realize that in our own country we were treated like third grade citizens and there was a discrimination on the basis of gender and colour with disgusting sexist remarks passed on us rather than the real culprits.
UNBELIEVABLE!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
18  Thank jinny86
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Big room, comfortable king size bed. You can taste different type of food, also a Sushi dinner is possible. Free wifi, pick up and drop to airport service are available. You can easily have relax in the swimming pool at the 9th floor on sunday.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
0h0tel, Owner at The O Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

Appreciate your feedback , we are happy you enjoyed your stay and we will ensure to give full attention to feedbacks and enhance your next visit experience at The O.

In appreciation,

Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

I am really serious about my work outs and prefer the hotels who are guest friendly to accommodate request to open gym and have good instructors.

I reached the "0" hotel at 9:30pm today, asked this lady manager about till what time the gym is open. On my request she confirmed they will open till 10:30. I hurried up , changed quickly, rushed to 9th floor, the door was locked. One attendant told me to come in morning only. There was no intercom phone to call manager to inform about this.

I reached my room, complained. I didn't feel they were sorry for this. I made request to check out, because I didn't managers/ staffs' unaffected approach ....they were courteous enough to provide me drop to near by hotel Taj vivanta....where I had to book last minute

Few good points: airport pick was comfortable, checking was fast. Location an advantage.

This was my second stay in 0 hotel ( can't say it was a stay) in last few years, I will never go back.

All I can say it's the Zero Hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank arunbhati
0h0tel, Owner at The O Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear Guest,

Very unfortunate and my personal apologies, I request if time permits if I can be mailed what went wrong will help me immediate take corrective action. Am also as surprised and will investigate the matter.W are making efforts to keep upping the service and experience and will ensure your next stay will be enjoyable on all counts.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

I must commend the excellent location of the property on the North Main Road, Koregaon Area. The reception staff were courteous and helpful. The entrance was well furbished, however the aroma of food due to the breakfast hall located next to the lobby could be overwhelming. Room was spacious, the bathtub was welcome to soak in after long hot days in the city. However, the lighting was a little hightech and we had to grope for switches in the dark on entry. The cupboards were poorly designed with a small shallow long panel running on the right side to store socks? The room was bright with a view of the North Main Street. Bath utilities were adequate and sufficiently stocked. Food ordered in was good. The interior of the elevators may need refurbishing as they were dimly lit, scratched, foam peeled out, not a good first impression. Overall good experience and would stay again at the O'Hotel, Pune.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank karen49529
0h0tel, Owner at The O Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Dear Guest,

Appreciate your feedback, however we have make constant effort to ensure a great experience for all guests at the o. I am surprised at your comments and I will ensure that it’s looked into and attended and resolved. Thank you for mentions will make sure your next visit is enjoyable.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

We chose this hotel to celebrate our first wedding anniversary but were disappointed with the food & price they charge. The main attraction of the hotel is its Terrace area where you can dip your feet on water while having dinner. However that was only for couples and not for family dinner.

Food is pretty average with very limited options. The price was unreasonably high as compared to the services provided by them.

Not highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
0h0tel, Owner at The O Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Dear Guest,

I have gone thru the detailed comments you have in the review and appreciate very much the time taken out to write the same. We will ensure we keep the o focus which is customer centric and strive to improve and enhance your experience in the next visit. Look forward to your next visit.

Warm Regards,