“There when you need them!”
Review of The O Hotel

The O Hotel
Ranked #19 of 219 Hotels in Pune
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Over the New Year I stayed at The O Hotel in Pune for 3 nights. The room was spacious, with all the amenities I needed, and the customer service was great - from the moment I arrived and was greeted by name, to the time I left with a hotel drop-off to my next destination. It is a western feeling hotel, but you can still get a good curry on the rooftop restaurant.
My experience is that it's not so much the service you get and can expect when staying at a hotel, but the customer service you receive when something doesn't go to plan, is when you really know how good a place is. After a fairly nasty incident at the Pune Railway Station, I returned to the hotel to get help and was treated both professionally, while having practical logistics resolved within a very short time period for me. Thank you for this. I'd definitely recommend The O Hotel as a solid home-base if you need one in Pune.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
0h0tel, Owner at The O Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear Guest,

Your appreciation and patronage to the O hotels, a brand being developed by us with a personalized touch is hearty to know and read from people who stay and experience the O. We keep our effort to be the best in terms of customer relationship and will further enhance this experience.

Appreciate your time taken out to review.

Compliments of the season.

Managing Director.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I have to admit I do like staying at the O Hotel. The location is perfect right next to the Yogi Tree and German Bakery in Koreagon Park. The hotel has a clubby, hip vibe going on, young and stylish with its stand alone bath tub in the middle of the room allowing you to watch TV from the tub should you so wish. Its beds are comfortable, and rooms are with nice design features. I think its excellent value compared to other places in India that have pretensions of grandeur.

Room Tip: Go high to avoid traffic noise
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

We value your comments and patronage of the O hotel. We look forward to your next visit and will make all efforts to make it as memorable. We at O Endeavour to make stay at the O an experience to remember and will continue to strive in that direction.
Warm regards and compliments of the New Year,

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I was on a short business trip to Pune and stayed at The O. The best thing is its location - bang opposite German Bakery and very centrally located. The second thing which strikes you at The O is its design.....its very modern and the aesthetics are bang on. The check-in was friendly and efficient. They had got a tiny detail wronga nd on pointing that out, they were most graceful to check the error and correct. So great work Mr. Carlton and Mr. Shoeb at the reception. Meanwhile, I was not kept waiting and rest of the checking-in process went on. I was pleasently surprised when Mr. Carlton at the front desk offered me give me an orientation of the room, familiarizing me with all controls and stuff. the new age single panel controls can be quite daunting to less techincally savvy people like me, but the orientation helped. The soaking tub is definitely the high-point of the room and boy, is that comfortable !! It was a pleasure soaking up in warm water while watching TV. The work desk is also very comfortable and thoughtfully designed for business travellers. The room service was quick but am not very impressed with choice available on the room-service menu especially for vegetarians (It was my weekly vegetarain day) A few more combos in veg section apart from Rajma Chawal would help. People ordering from room service would love the idea of tasting platters or combos where they could sample the cuisine esp. local cuisine in manageable portions. The Guchchi-Anar Biryani I got was a little bland for my tatse. The breakfast buffet was good and had a nice selection and I was waited upon during breakfast with all courtsey and friendliness I came to expect from this superbly designed hotel. Overall, I would definitely not mind going back to The O at Pune.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
0h0tel, Owner at The O Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comments and concern for more variation in room service menu, surely we will look into it and other suggestions. We value your comments and will look forward to serving you soon again in the near future.

Compliments for 2014.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

This was a second stay at the O hotel in Pune. My wife and I were in Pune on business, and the only reason we stayed at the hotel was because we had an event to attend at the same hotel. Our first experience at the O Hotel, in November 2012, was an average one. The place feels run down and not well maintained. It's scary getting into the elevators, which are really dark and poorly lit, velvet on the walls, and some ridiculous music playing! It feels like you've just stepped into a horror house. Overall, the hotel must have looked really nice when it was newly made, but without proper maintenance, feels like a dingy place, and simply tacky! The rooms are pretty average, but comfortable enough and clean. Again, lighting is an issue, as there are not sufficient lights in the room. The service is not up to the mark, and it seems like the staff are not well trained. Conference facilities are good and the location of the hotel is also good. Food is the biggest problem. Although the hotel boasts of a few dining options, none of them appealed to us, and we did try all the options. The in room dining is the worst of the lot, where there are only a handful of choices on the menu. The so called 24 hour coffee shop, couldn't serve us any tea at 9 pm, as they had 'run out of milk'. Enough said!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I am concerned at your review and have personally taken up the issue to review same. Yes due to many hotels opening we do have a huge turnover of staff and training remains a constant challenge, we are however concentrating and have that as top priority too. We have noted you valued suggestions and will ensure a different experience in your next visit.

Wishing you a great 2014.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We chose to live at the O Hotel as a part of our New Year Holiday outside Mumbai including my grand parents, mom, wife and 3months infant.

Location: Koregaon Park and the North Main road, are my favourites in Pune. Next to the German Bakery which has to offer the best breads in Pune. The north road is like the Linking road at bandra, Mumbai.

Hotel: Different and luxurious (on paper) but lacks the finesse.

Food: Good but you get better stuff outside that you can get inside the Hotel.

Restaurant Access:Good with Variety.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
0h0tel, Owner at The O Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear Guest;

Happy New Year to you and family would love to interact and speak to you to understand the mixed feelings. We Endeavour at all times to excel in all services and will definitely take your queue on matters that you suggest.

Look forward to you continued patronage.

Warm regards,

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I have been visiting this property since 2008 and I have to admit this is one place I feel most comfortable with..We have been hosting various conference there since 2010 and the service and the value for money we have got always makes us go back to the hotel

The rooms are very interestingly lit and have good controls...One thing that I would leave you to discover is the bath...stay in one of the rooms as a couple and you would know what exactly I am talking about..;)

Room Tip: Choose east facing room with a view to Koregaon park area
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
0h0tel, Owner at The O Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Appreciate and value your review and time taken to write it. We will Endeavour to excel all the time and we promise you enhanced experience in every visit of yours. Thank you for your patronage.

Wishing you compliments of the season.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

The hotel has everthing you need to have in a hotel in India. Special restaurants (different style/taste - indian, japanise, all over the world), Gym with spa, good food, central placed in Pune and near to the meditation center of Ashram.
It has a very friendly staff and the rooms are very big ith everything in it. W-lan possibility and a nice bathroom.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Happy to read your review and helps us elevate to the next level in terms of service and customer satisfaction enhanced experiences. We will continue to strive to improve and appreciate your patronage and business.

Happy New Year.