“Expensive place for Average food!”
Review of Exotica Pune

Exotica Pune
Ranked #95 of 6,940 Restaurants in Pune
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian, Bar, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Exotica Pune is one of the most popular & favorite alfresco restaurant in town and known for its ambiance, food & service. The a la carte menu offers loads of signature dishes from North Indian cuisine and hottest selling picks from Oriental & Mediterranean cuisines...The restaurant also offers extravagant spreads of lunch & dinner buffets at a surprisingly affordable rates which is highly in demand so reservation is recommended for all seven days of week. The greenery with blue sky, the water bodies with fish pond and gigantic aquarium will definitely impress you... Ruling your appetite and hearts over a decade with various achievement awards, Exotica Pune is THE PLACE TO PAY A VISIT...
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This is one highly boasted restaurant in Yerwada, Pune.
Good things first..the ambiance, is sure to impress you, specially the corporates visiting here. I hosted a get together with my office delegates and the ambiance was one thing thoroughly appreciated. The place was clean and the staff was prompt.

Food: Non vegetarian- Average! Vegetarian- Below Average!
The Kebabs being dry definitely missed the succulent feel to it (an its not just once) and ofcourse the main course, expected to knock your taste buds actually turns you off with the mere confusing flavour tagged under 'Indo-Arabian' twist.Being an Indian and lived in Arab countries, afterall that's not what Arabs like!

Service: Extremely slow since the place gets too many visitors and the management seems to have no solution for the rising crowd, especially on weekends.

Overall, discovered another place not to go desperately.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

The Ambience is one of the best in town. Perfect setting on a rooftop with huge iron chairs.
The food is authentic indian and a bit of arabic influenced . Have been to the place many times.The service is not satsifactory at times. If you are a couple and planning for a buffet on weekday, i suggest this is not a place worth as this gets extensively crowded with IT folks.
Also, in general try to avoid going for buffet on Fri and weekends as the starter would be served at your table at a snail's place and after every 10 min, the main course counter would be out of food. There is just one counter for buffet,so it turns out to be very crowded there. The worst part is the waiters don't bother to fill up it ASAP and continue withd there own speed.
Visit the place for the ambience and hav a la carte, not the Buffet. Probably saturday night's or Friday night would be best time,

Reviewed February 25, 2013

One of the best places for dining if you enjoy the Ambiance. Open terrace, beautiful set-up, soft music and good staff. Had a memorable dinner with my partner.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We visited Zaffran for dinner and were immediately impressed with the view it offered. There was also a ghazal singer to entertain the crowd. He was doing a rather good job of belting out soulful melodies. We then were in a dilemma as to what to order as there were quite a few exotic looking dishes on the menu. After a lot of deliberation we settled on a crispy corn and cheese roll and a chicken started that was served on a sword. The corn starter was good and had a mild flavour. The chicken started was spicy with a strong taste of ajwain and mustard. 2 starters coupled with the complimentary papads were sufficient for 4 people. We then moved on to the mail course which consisted of paneer lazzatdar, naans and rotis. The paneer lazzatdar is definitely not recommended for weak hearted people who are counting calories. The gravy was very creamy, mild and rich and yellowish in colour with about 4 koftas thrown in. Certainly a dish fit for royalty.
We finished the meal with the zaffrani pulav which was a tad bit too bland and dry for my tastes although it was served it raita and gravy. I did not find it anything to write home about.
One thing that I have failed to mention here is the service, it does deserve a special mention. Not once did a see a wait staff at my table who was not smiling. The bar staff helped in quickly making a choice in drinks and the food staff helped in making up our confused minds. There was also one incident that reiterated my good impression about the service staff. While reserving the table on the phone i was assured of a 10pc corporate discount. When I actually reached the place they reminded me to hand over my id card before the billing. Since, after the dinner we had a bus to catch my husband asked for the bill and we forgot about presenting the card. As soon as I got the bill, I remembered the missing discount. The waitstaff promptly went and got my bill corrected without wasting any time...
All in all a highly recommended all rounder place with great service, mouthwatering food and a magnificent view of the city.

1  Thank wannabecritique
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Nice food and treatment! We did not understand any indi and they helped us a lot. Buffet was marvelous and starters even better! I will come back next time in Pune