“mark of experience..”

Ranked #29 of 221 Hotels in Pune
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“mark of experience..”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

luxury and class that are just unmatchable! By integrating world-class style in its amenities and services, this hotel is absolutely up! Our stay was awesome, located in the heart of the city, food is good & staff and the service is very good.. decent rate , quiet reasonable A great hotel to check-in .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MEENA477

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Thai first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I have stayed in this place multiple times. This hotel has a great location and generally I had no complaints when this started. However, lately the hotel has started cost cutting so you notice it various things like maintenance, towels, sheet etc.

Breakfast is average. Hoel needs to gear up. Room service is slow and expensive.

Location is good if you are in the Koregaon park area

I had to walk to Taj next door for my meals.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Delhi
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed in feb 2012 for 3 nights . Hotel is neat but rooms are noisy specialy the ones towards the main road. We had to change our room for the same reason. staff is helpful. But we were very disappointed with almost the same breakfast for 3 days. We mostly had lunch and dinner outside but once tried room service. Food is quite ok and service was good.there is a small shopping Mall next door. You will get many choices for food. Mall has few good restaurants so food problem was solved. I won't mind staying again there. Hope to see some improvement on my next trip.

Room Tip: Avoid Rooms towards main road
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Jabalpur
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I got a very good deal from cleartrip.com for this hotel as I stayed at this hotel for 2N/3D. Excellent location with just 2 kms drive from pune jn. rly stn. Welcome was very poor; check-in process was smooth & quick. Price of Food & Bar stock is exhorbitant. Breakfast was excellent with enormous variety, got a chance to have only once as on the last day checked out of the hotel early at 6.30 for the sake of catching Deccan Queen to Mumbai. Buffet Dinner was good with quality stuff @671.00 per person. Swimming pool at the roof-top was well maintained although weather was unfavourable for swimming. Will definitely go to the pool if got a chance to visit pune during summers. Overall good experince but highly priced.

Room Tip: all rooms are same except delux comes with lrage floor area.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Brilliant location and spacious rooms. The staff might come across as arrogant but they are actually not (communication issues). Ignore that and you will find yourself in a brilliant budget business hotel. For the money that they charge, it's a great place to stay if you are on an average budget and in Pune for a short visit.

Room Tip: For a couple of hundreds (INR) more, I will strongly suggest their superior rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Just had to do a short trip to Pune. We stayed here. Comfortable hotel and very well located. The food was okay. Did a little exploring on my own as my husband could not join me. Very well priced hotel,very reasonable. But comparatively the food was quite expensive. Check out Osho ashram while you are in Pune.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I stayed at the hotel from 11th Dec for 3 nights.
1. On 11th Dec, when I checked in at the hotel, I was told that I have to wait for 30 mins. As the room was not ready. I was ok with that and decided to go for breakfast. I was informed that breakfast for that day would be charged to me. I was fine with that. When I went for breakfast, the person in charge asked me for my room no. and I told him to check with front office as room had not been allotted to me. After breakfast, he came running to me and asked me to make cash payment for breakfast. This put me off as in any hotel the breakfast is automatically charged to the room account and is settled during check out.

2. I also observed that breakfast everyday used to be mismanaged. Food would get over soon and refill of the same would take long and that also guests had to keep asking and give reminders.

3. While serving tea/coffee, we were never given teaspoons, so every time we have to ask for it and get very big tablespoons to mix the sugar.

4. The quality of the egg omlette/uttappa etc. was all half cooked.

5. Repetition of same breakfast incl. juices and fresh fruits every day except change in maybe 1 or 2 items.

6. No table napkins on the tables.

7. If you want to order for room service, there is no room service menu inside the room.

8. The tea/coffee maker and that area had dirt and stains on the tray and cups. Looked like it was never cleaned. Even during my stay it was not being cleaned. I had to wash the tray and cups personally.

9. As per the special rates offered to us, we didn’t receive any cookies/fruit basket on arrival which was included in the price.

10. On 14th Dec, when we checked out and in spite of reconfirming the transfer to the airport with the front office for my boss, he got the pick up only at around 5.20 pm. When flight was scheduled for 6.50 p.m. and he had to fight with the duty manager and was told that there is only 1 car for to and fro from the airport. If this was the case then why was this not informed earlier.

It’s been a horrible experience and this was just not expected. All this shows that the hotel is undertaking cost cutting measures and quality has completely gone down.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Kash_jiandani

Travelers are raving about these Pune hotels