“The Best Experience in a long time !”
Dala Rooster bungalow,Panchgani entrance at night. View of bungalow
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Amazing view of Dala Rooster bungalow entrance during daylight.
Dala Rooster bungalow,Panchgani entrance at night.
View of bungalow
View from living room
View of bungalow from NE
Front view of bungalow
View from Gazebo
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Dev_VD
Singapore
“The Best Experience in a long time !”
Reviewed July 2, 2013 for a stay in August 2012
person found this review helpful

I have visited the property twice in 2012. Once in August & then in December.

Positive
#Stunning view of the mountains from the rooms.
#Amazing in house cook.
# I had the opportunity to meet Captain Gokhle (the owner) wonderful guy , we shared a beer and he even showed me around his new Mercedes Car !
# Barbecue in the evening.
# Great Location !
# Captain does not allow noisy people , that is the best thing ! Its silent , calm & quite.
# Absolute value for Money.
# Away from the city hustle.

Negative
# Nothing !
# In August the weather was majestic , clouds , rain mist ..superb. However December was pleasant, but not cold.

I am again booked to visit the property in August 2013.

Liked best: everything
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
Jul 1, 2013
Thanks Varun. Let us meet in August again.
Mumbai
Reviewed June 7, 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Jun 7, 2013
Thank you Shankar Ramdas. Do visit again.
Richa S
Pune
“Great place to stay in Panchgani”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 for a stay in April 2013

I visited Dala Rooster with my extended family, a group for 13 people, including two 3-4 year old kids.
The property is just behind the TCS guesthouse and there is no problem as such getting there. Capt. Gokhale is more than helpful giving you directions over the phone.
On arrival, we were very impressed with the bungalow and the little garden maintained around it. The property is welcoming. The caretakers, Mrs and Mr Yadav play good hosts.
Coming to the rooms, they are well furnished but do not take away any spaciousness, very tastefully done. More importantly all the rooms are extremely clean.
The highlight of the bungalow is the valley facing glass enclosed gazebo. Although we were visiting in summers, the gazebo was great to sit and relax in the evenings. I can imagine what a great view it would present during the monsoons.
Coming to the food, I would rate the food as excellent. The breakfast and evening tea is inclusive in the tariff. We need to intimate the care takers about our food preferences and our menu at least a day before our visit. They also have a barbeque facility which we availed. The barbeque was also really good. The care takers did a great job.
Overall we had a great time at Dala Rooster. I would highly recommend this one. Can't wait to go back post monsoons.

Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
May 6, 2013
Thanks and do visit again.
Jaya_Shas...
København, Staden Kobenhavn, Denmark
“Da la Paradiso”
Reviewed April 23, 2013 for a stay in July 2012

Mahabaleshwar is one of my favourate holiday destinations in Maharashtra. So me and my family decided to take my Bangalorean husband to Panchagani-Mahabaleshwar. Since we were six adults and a kid, I decided to go for a holiday home and a quick search lead me to The Dala Rooster. The moment I saw the picture, I immediately fell in love and decided to go there.

We rented three rooms for two nights and three days. The moment we entered the home stay, everyone in my family was amazed at the kind of view one getting from the sitting/living area. It was rainy day, the weather was more beautify, the lush-green valley in front of us were extremely soothing. The water falls, the grey clouds, the chill breeze and a cosy ambiance made our trip an unforgettable one.

The home has a touch of colonial touch yet perfectly rustic. It's hard to describe in words. It's always better to feel such wonderful things. The living area had a fire place, next to the living area is a kitchen, from where one has access to the Gazebo which was surrounded by valleys on three sides. Our rooms on the first floor had fantastic view of the valley, hills, water falls and a small water body. The rooms were pretty spacious and airy. The toilets were pretty neat too.

The best part of the stay was food made by the caretaker's wife. She is a master chef!! The food was simple but the taste were heavenly. My Bangalorean husband now craves more for Marathi Varan, Zhunka bhakri, kanda pohe etc. The taste is unforgettable one!! Even the cutlery were sophisticated and very feminine. Later we came to know that it was Capt. Gokhale's wife who handpicked the kitchen ornament. Unlimited tea was also the highlight of the trip. The caretakers did everything genuinely. Capt.Gokhale's wife even called up my brother to ensure that things are fine with us. A perfect place for a family stay!! I would definitely go there again whenever I'll go to Panchagani.

Liked best: Gazebo
Liked least: Nothing
Traveling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Apr 22, 2013
Thank you for visiting our Dala Rooster and for writing such a beautiful review. People like you are our source of positive energy to keep us going.
Thane
Reviewed January 27, 2013 for a stay in January 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Jan 27, 2013
Thank you for posting your review and we are glad that you had a enjoyable stay with us. We look forward to your next visit in the near future.
Mumbai
Reviewed December 31, 2012 for a stay in December 2012

Older travelers
Dec 31, 2012
Thank you Tushar and we look forward to meeting you in person, sometime soon.
pune
Reviewed December 25, 2012 for a stay in May 2012

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Rugged travelers
Dec 25, 2012
Thanks Madhavi. It was a pleasure having you all at Dala Rooster.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing