“Excellent place for a break”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Panchgani
The Signature Crest
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Panchgani
Reviewed October 31, 2012

The owner is personally present in the hotel around the clock and sees to it that the customers are satisfied. I was staying in the valley view room and was satisfied with the overall feel the trip gave me. I seriously needed to unwind and this British relic hill station provided me with the perfect getaway. Signature crest is the perfect unwinding hotel for someone who needs to take a break.
I would give the place 4/5 just that one small point taken away for the slower service at peak dinner time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
prabodhPanchgani, Manager at The Signature Crest, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2015

Dear Mr. Prakash,

We are thankful for your kind words about The Signature Crest, Panchgani. It was a pleasure to have you with us.

We assure you that we shall continuously strive to better ourselves on all fronts including F&B so that guests such as yourselves have a good time.

We’re glad that you had a peaceful and relaxing time at The Signature Crest and hope we won't have to wait too long before we have the pleasure of serving you again.

Regards,
Kapil Gaikwad &
The Signature Crest Team

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is going to be a long read and thus I request patience from the esteemed readers. In a nutshell, what I am going to tell is that the Hotel had not honoured a confirmed booking for three valley view rooms for two days (18/08/2012-20/08/2012) and we were instead offered a stay in a basement in another holiday home at Panchgani. I am writing this in detail so that Mr. Prabodh Gaikwad or any of his associates do not mark this as inappropriate citing the reason that he had in the case of an earlier Tripadvisor review about his hotel.

I had booked three Valley View rooms for the long weekend starting on 18/08/2012 at the Signature Crest, Panchgani through stayzilla.com on 02/08/2012. On 03/08/2012, I received the confirmation mail from the portal. Since I had already read Mr. Gaikwad's response to the Tripadvisor review, I contacted the Hotel through the number given by stayzilla (Contact Person: Pramod, Cell: *****03733) on August 4, 2012 to find out if the bookings were in deed registered with the hotel and if one more room would be available since the parents of one of our group members were to join us. The person attending the call apparently recognised my phone number registered with Stayzilla and told me about the booking being confirmed but regretted that the entire hotel was booked and hence he could not provide any additional accommodation. Instead he assured me that he would tell other hoteliers in Panchgani to contact me if any other option is available. I again called him (he identified himself as Pramod) on August 5 and he told that my number was given to Mr. Parthe and he would contact me. Mr. Parthe, apparently the owner of one Rainforest Hotel, called me the next day and agreed to book a double bed room in his hotel for the dates given. On August 16, a call from the Stayzilla representative (044*****107) confirmed the booking done through Stayzilla yet again and since Mr. Parthe called to confirm the booking in his hotel, I was assured that everything was in place.

On August 16, 2012, at 9:04 P.M. I got a call from *****1834 telling me that the call was from Hotel Signature. It was told that due to their server failure, they could not make out that we had a booking for three rooms and the bookings were "discovered" on that day when the Hotel was already full and hence it would not be possible for them to provide us any accommodation. I kept my cool as the person seemed to be genuinely apologetic and told that he would try for rooms in neighbourhood hotels. At 9:33 P.M. he again called to tell that two rooms could be found at M**** Holiday Home and asked if I would like to confirm a booking. I agreed and at 9:42 P.M. he called back to tell that M***** could be finalised. He also told that we need not pay any differential amount. So far so good. At 9:55 P.M. I received a call from the Hotel Signature number (*****03733) telling me that though the hotel was supposedly fully occupied, due to last minute cancellation of two rooms by another group, they could offer us two rooms in the hotel. Apparently, this was the third version about the status of my "confirmed" booking in the space of one hour. When I asked the person if he was Pramod who had at least one week before confirmed the booking with me over phone, he stated that Pramod was an agent of the hotel and he was not aware of any such conversation. He also told that since he was continuously receiving calls from one Mr. Vicky, their agent in Pune about my booking and he could not provide an accommodation, he thought of me when the cancellation happened and called me to help me out with the two rooms that was available only for Saturday. On further countering, he told that Mr. Parthe had called him and asked if two rooms would be available with him (this Mr. Parhe, I later came to know was the owner of M**** Holiday Home and not the Rainforest owner). After a long argument, I asked the Signature guy to talk it out with his agent and come back to me if they can find at least two rooms for both the days in either M**** or Signature as I no longer cared . During the argument, I was told that Stayzilla orders were put to them through another agency in Pune and they had frequent issues with booking through them. Interestingly, one of the Tripadvisor reviews speak of this problem which was countered by Prabodh Gaikwad, owner of the hotel saying "the guests are advised to check the availability with the hotel before confirming the booking on the sites which take booking for the hotel" and in my case it was a call from the Hotel number that had confirmed the booking.

At 10:20 P.M. the last call for the day came from *****1834 and when I asked who the person on the other end was, he said he was Vicky from Pune and he handles the bookings for Signature. He again assured that the M**** rooms had been booked for us and arrangement has been made for additional beds. As all of this was happening on the eve of our journey, I agreed to the arrangement. A little more research on the web revealed M*****s identity as a Holiday Home for two corporate houses and the "suites" apparently had three beds on offer.

On reaching M**** the next day, we were led to our designated rooms, which happened to be in the basement of the HH. There were four beds in each of the 'suites' which basically were 1 BHK flats. Being in the basement, they were damp, sans any sunlight, the bed linens bore signs of ageing, one of the toilets was dirty, the tap being dry (this was rectified the next day). On seeing the condition of the rooms, we called on the Signature number and yet again the recipient told that he was Kapil and not Pramod and he could not help any further with the accommodations. We decided to visit Signature more so to see who the real person behind these calls were. We found one Mr. Kapil at the reception who first denied of any knowledge about the story so far and when the Signature number was called in front of him and the recipient who again identified him as Kapil was told that Kapil was standing in front of us, the Kapil at the reception went wild at us asking what we wanted to do at his hotel. We told him that we only wanted to know the truth and then he said that Pramod, whose number has been registered with Stayzilla and who apparently was talking to us for the entire period was one of the owners of the place but not a Panchgani resident and it was Kapil in association with Vicky at Pune who co-orordinate the booking arrangement. Since Pramod had not informed them anything about the booking in advance, they were helpless in providing us accommodation against the "confirmed" booking. We told him and Vicky who again called as we were still standing outside Signature about the condition of the M***** rooms. They tried to comfort us by telling that they would try to find a better place for us for the next day which never came. We continued to stay in M***** and while checking out on August 20, the attendant asked for Rs. 6600/- as tariff. We asked him to talk to his owner who confirmed over the phone that he had an arrangement with Signature on this and that we need not pay anything. Overall, what discomforted us more than anything was the repeated lies told by the hotel staff and the sheer unprofessional ism shown by them. The additional star given in this review is due to the fact the other one double room accommodation at Rainforest which they had in a way arranged was very good.

I would leave the matter here to the better judgement of the readers.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
13  Thank Saugata C
prabodhPanchgani, Front Office Manager at The Signature Crest, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear sir,
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience . Had you stayed at our hotel experiencing our hospitability which is the crest of our hotel, you would not have had any regrets or complaints. Because of miscommunication between the travel agents(3 in this case!) who were involved in the booking process, we could not provide you accomodation at the signature crest.
We apologize that we did not meet your expectations.
we have sort out this issue and we now do business with only trust worthy agents. we again apologise for the inconvenience caused.
Please keep us in mind for you next visit to Panchgani/Mahabalehswar.
Kapil

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Last weekend we ,a group of ten, were on the way to mahabaleshwar and lost our way. And it turned out to be a blessing in disguise!
We ended up in The Signature Crest,Panchgani.
As soon as we entered, the staff welcomed us and offered us tea even though they knew that we were not going to stay there. They gave us the directions to the hotel where we were originally supposed to check in.Out of curiousity we enquired about the rooms and rates.The rooms were hygeinic,simple and peaceful.The terrace was awesome with a nice pool table and comfortable lounge area.And the rates were quite good too!We knew that we had to stay here for a night at least.We ended up staying for 2 nights!
The staff was very cordial and food was awesome. One should definitely try the authentic maharastrian thali. Chinese was good too.Total value for money and a very relaxing and stress free experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
prabodhPanchgani, Owner at The Signature Crest, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2015

Dear Sushmita,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to know that you had an enjoyable stay at The Signature Crest, Panchgani. Your appreciation is a big motivation for all of us. Thank you for the words of appreciation.

We hope you choose us again on your next trip to Panchgani!

Thanks and regards,
Prabodh

Reviewed June 8, 2012

This place has an awsome view of the valley. If you are going for a one night stay, want to go around the whole day and need a place to bunk at which has the added luxury of early morning grand views of the Krishna valley, this is the place.....
For anything else, please look the other way. The place needs some refurbishing, some cleaning. For the price they charge, i would expect a slightly better place.
Service was fine and the guys there more than make up for the place being not upto the mark.

Room Tip: Look for the valley view rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ranaditya

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your kind feedback.
Though ‘The signature Crest’ is a very small budget hotel, it is our constant endeavor to ensure service quality and the satisfaction of our guests.
I am so sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you again at our hotel.
Warm Regards,
Kapil Gaikwad,

Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

Signature Crest is a good place to stay and the food is very good. They have a roof top restaurant with a pool table and a view of the valley. The best bit about this place is the 70s rock and roll music which flows throughout the building. Value for money.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Tractorpanda
prabodhPanchgani, Manager at The Signature Crest, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2015

Dear Guest,
Greetings!
Thank you for a great review and appreciation of our facilities.
We are glad to know that your stay at The Signature Crest was comfortable and you in particular found our services, food and ambiance as excellent.
We look forward to your next stay with us Warm regards,
Kapil Gaikwad

Reviewed April 15, 2012

One of the best places to stay in Panchgani, total value for money. Very friendly staff. clean rooms. very quiet place. I forgot my Camera SD card in the room during checkout and they couriered it to me in Mumbai.

• Stayed: April 2012
5  Thank Nirmal3110

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing feedback of your visit and appreciating our facilities and team members.
We aim to provide memorable experiences to our guests and it is always rewarding to receive such wonderful comments.
I look forward to welcoming you back at The Signature Crest soon!!
Warm regards,
Kapil Gaikwad

Reviewed February 1, 2012

Very Bad Hotel .Non A/c Valley Facing room of signature crest hotel I booked through cleartrip for 26 th of Jan 2012 (Only For one night stay).But when we reached at that hotel they told that they can not provide that particular room that we booked because that is occupied by other guest.they also not ready to refund money.hotel staff attitude is very bad to us. They are offering staff room to us.We did not opt that room and leave the hotel.Same senario may happen to you also my friends if you book this hotel in advance.please be aware .........

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
22  Thank rudranil M
chingoog, Owner at The Signature Crest, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2012

the guests are advised to check the availability with the hotel before confirming the booking on the sites which take booking for the hotel .also please follow the booking policy of the site and the hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Panchgani
Hotel Millennium Park
#5 of 16 in Panchgani
Bella Vista Resort
Bella Vista Resort
#1 of 57 in Mahabaleshwar

Been to The Signature Crest? Share your experiences!