“Good and clean” 3 of 5 bubbles

The Manor Hotel
Ranked #44 of 56 Hotels in Aurangabad
“Good and clean”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I stay here for three nights to visit Ellora and Anjanta. The hotel was very clean ans the room was big, but the bathroom was really small and we couldn't get hot water. I think that was the only problem, everything else was fine, the personal try to help even they don't speak English very well. The breakfast is great.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Hyderabad, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stayed in this hotel in June 2013. Walked in and asked for a room at midnight and got it. The room is clean as is the linen. The bathroom is small so expect a wet floor if you are not the first to use it. Hot water supply is limited, very limited.

They are only slightly better than the Hotel Oberoi across the road but charge almost 50% more. Their breakfast spread is decent but the food taste is merely ok.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Hydeagle
Mumbai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

I had stayed in this hotel in May for 3 days. I chaose this hotel because of extra ordinary clean rooms. Automatic lighting system,Clean bathroom,and ind Ac control. Talking about the Breakfast it is very good the staff pays full ONN attention on the guest. I was not feeing well this time they even extended my 3hr stay without any cost,WHO DOES? Thanks to the Front office team and the Directoel r for this gesture. Would suggest evry reader dont opt for any other othe hotel for stay..............

Room Tip: Check couple of rooms before finalizing.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Jodhpur, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

really very good hotel... when i went there on 5th may the staff was very nice and gave a pleasant smile.. service was good..room was clean and calm..the hotel location was very nice there were a two restaurant both are nice.. food was too good tasty and delicious.........

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank nghpouy7
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

It was my first night in India after a 20 hour-journey and I was a bit afraid because of some of the reviews here. I thought that it was a very nice hotel. A cab came to pick me up from the airport for free. There is a travel-agency in the hotel which arranged my trips to Ajanta and Ellora. The food was very good. I must admit, I had a choice between two rooms and the one I took was really great. So if you don't like yours, ask to see another one. I have been before in India and I think that I am able to judge if a hotel is as "terrible" as some say. This is by far "terrible". The staff was very very helpfull. My bed was perfect. You can eat in your room. And the price is very cheap. Don't forget that there is a TVA of around 19%. You have only WIFI near the reception, but I guess one can live with that for a night or two. So, I stayed three nights to visit everything and the sites are just amazing. A must see!

Room Tip: Ask to see the two rooms to have a choice.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank StephanParis2012
San Miguel de Tucuman, Argentina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Location: I can’t rate this aspect as we stayed there for only two days just to visit Ellora & Ajanta Caves. However, I can say that there are restaurants & markets nearby. The road is noisy and dusty but good to get an experience of real India and not the “polished” version.

Rooms: quite good by Indian standards. Spacious. Clean. Tea/coffee making facilities. Everything worked. Nice balcony overlooking the street. Comfy beds & good aircon.

Bathroom: very good. Spotlessly clean. Free toiletries provided. Great towels & great shower too!

Breakfast: very good including many Indian dishes.

Staff: courteous & well trained. Very helpful. Warm-hearted service. Helped us solve some problems we had. I don’t agree with previous reviews: I never felt pushed by the staff (as I did in many other parts in India). A special mention to the young man on the night shift at the reception who showed exceptional courtesy, care and concern. Even offered to provide breakfast at 6 a. m. on our departure day! Got a taxi for us – on the same day - as the taxi we had arranged never turned up (to take us to the airport). I cannot emphasize his helpfulness enough! Thank you! I wish I remembered your name! But I do remember a detail: you were ill the day we arrived. And in spite of that, you assisted us so warmly. It was a homely feeling indeed!

Service at the front desk is very good. Check in and check out: fast and efficient.

Cons: Travel agency at the hotel: extremely overpriced. Got the same they offered us at half the price. The swipe room keys constantly get deactivated so you have to go down to have it reactivated at the front desk most of the times you want to enter the room. Irritating.

The hotel is undergoing a restoration & in a transition period I would say, still trying to find a new identity & service standard, upgrading & enhancing the building.

Overall, a satisfactory experience. Recommended. I would certainly return! Thumbs up Manor Hotel, especially for its staff!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Betilu
Mumbai (Bombay), India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

we had stayed in this hotel for 2 night.even staying for 2 nts we did not got the hot water in our shower even for a day,the reception staff did not bother for any complain I would not encourage anyone to waste their money there, as there are plenty of other hotels in the area who have friendly staff who know how to work with the public and show courtesy to

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank khn007

Travelers are raving about these Aurangabad hotels