“Could do better”

Ranked #41 of 58 Hotels in Aurangabad
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I stayed here with my wife on business for two nights. It's fairly typical of the standards of midrange Indian hotels before the international chain hotels started in recent years. By that I mean the service is good with helpful staff and nice food (breakfast was excellent), but the place just looks a bit shabby and tired.

For example, our room (a 'suite room' )was very nice and large, but the bathroom had a grubby feel to it. It wasn't actually dirty, but the taps, mirrors and fittings just needed a good shine with a cloth. The lavatory in the lobby was also in a dirty state, and the ashtray by the lift had betel juice spit stains on it etc. Overall I enjoyed my stay but these small details add up to an overall downmarket feel which one does not expect in this price range. The Lemon Tree hotel where I also stayed in Delhi for example was not much more expensive but was much cleaner and better maintained.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Aman S, Manager at Hotel Windsor Castle, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Guest,
Greetings from Hotel Windsor Castle.
Thank you for your recent stay at Hotel Windsor Castle, and for your valuable feedback.
Your feedback on the Room toilets fitting, shining and feedback on lavatory is also noted & briefed the team.
Thanks for your positive comments i.e. Excellent Breakfast, good Staff & Service.
I would like to reassure you that every possible measure will be taken to ensure that your observations highlighted in your feedback are effectively addressed, we remain committed to providing our guests with world class hospitality and service.

We hope to get another opportunity to meet your expectations. The entire team of Hotel Windsor Castle looks forward to welcome you back and offering you a perfect stay.

Warm Regards

Manager,Hotel Windsor Castle

There are newer reviews for Hotel Windsor Castle

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I only faced issues residing in this hotel. We were on a industrial visit to Aurangabad and selected this hotel. following are issues faced by me and my colleagues in the hotel starting from check in to check out.
we checked in the hotel by 7:30 8:00 in the evening.

1. as per their website it says they provide free wifi but it is only accessible in lobby.
2. We ordered for dinner both of us are vegetarian and the order came was non vegetarian. even after complaining none of the senior manager even asked an apology next day.
3. starters were served and drinks came up even after main course.
4. ordered for some other drink and served with some thing else.
5. Food quality is worst.
6. Morning breakfast was pathetic. watermelon juice was tasting over ripen.
7. Television reception was not even okay..

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Aman S, Manager at Hotel Windsor Castle, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Guest,
Greeting from Hotel Windsor Castle , Aurangabad.
Firstly accept my apology for the inconvenience caused to you. I completely agree that there was some lapses happened from our end; I sincerely regret and apologize on behalf of my team,
Our constant endeavor to provide our guests with high standards of personalized service and efficiency.
I have discussed threadbare about your experience of Room service and Breakfast problems with Food & Beverage Manager and Chef and instructed them to take all operational measurement to avoid re-occurrence of such incident

Let me assure you that we are committed to resolving concerns of all our guests and giving them the comfort and re-assurance of a good experience, to ensure the good service at all times.
I would be highly obliged if you kindly give us another opportunity to provide you a seamless service and reestablish the faith on our service commitment.

Thanking you.

Sincerely

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Hotel Windsor Castle is a very comfortable hotel to stay in Aurangabad. Quite centrally located and about 10 minutes drive from the airport, the hotel offers very comfortable, spacious and well furnished suite rooms with a good view of the city. Service is excellent and efficient. Food quality is good. Breakfast, while offering limited choice, is tasty. All in all, a good place for a convenient stay at very reasonable rates. Flexible regarding check in times which is customer friendly.

Room Tip: Go for the suite rooms
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Aman S, Manager at Hotel Windsor Castle, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Greetings from Hotel Windsor Castle, Aurangabad.
It was a great privilege to have you with us at our hotel. We are extremely happy to have your detail beautiful feedback about our services,Location,Rooms & Food on Trip advisor.
On behalf of the entire team at Hotel Windsor Castle, I extend my sincere thanks and look forward for your next visit.

Thanks & Regards,

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I have been staying at Windsor castle hotel since 8 years ,I always prefer staying here during my trip to Aurangabad.Usually my stay here is from 2days to weeks.The staff here are very friendly & supportive.The rooms are spaces,clean,well maintained & with WiFi connected.The location is in center of city & well connected.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Aman S, Manager at Hotel Windsor Castle, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Greetings from Hotel Windsor Castle, Aurangabad.
Thank you for choosing Hotel Windsor Castle for your continuous stay since 8 years.and also
thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your stay at Hotel Windsor Castle

We are very happy to know that you had a memorable stay and your detailed comments regarding our staff , services & rooms is greatly appreciated. It was with equal pleasure that your feedback was shared with our entire team.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards,
Town Center,CIDCO,AUrangabad

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Very Nice Service. Warm Staff. Good Location. Food Quality was good. View from the room was nice. Rooms are big and clean.
Food quality is very nice. Well served and delicious. Connectivity if the hotel is good.

Not very expensive all in all a good hotel

Dear Guest,
Greetings from Hotel Windsor Castle.

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your stay at Hotel Windsor Castle
We are absolutely delighted to know that you enjoyed your overall stay at Hotel Windsor Castle. It is our constant endeavor to provide our guests with superior services and we are happy to note your appreciation in all like Quality, Rooms,Staff & Service.

Thank you for your kind words. We sincerely await the opportunity to welcome you once again to Hotel Windsor Castle

Best regards,

Town Center,CIDCO,Aurangabd

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Stayed here for two days.
This is my third or fourth stay there.
Nice cozy hotel.
Well located. Near CIDCO Bus stand.
Service is ok. Food is ok.
Mattresses are a bit hard. But good for your back they say.
Swimming pool is non functional.
Close by or practically attached theatre is a added attraction.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Greetings from Hotel Windsor Castle

It is a pleasure to know that you are a regular guest at the Hotel Windsor Castle, Your kind review on the service is appreciated by all of us.

On behalf of Hotel Windsor Castle, we look forward to welcoming you back to our warmth and indigenous hospitality in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I have been staying at Hotel Windsor Castle for the last 6 years whenever I go to Aurangabad which is about once a month. I have lived at many a hotel during this time at Aurangabad but the warmth and courtesy that is extended to me whenever I visit cannot be compared with the other

A special mention to Sagar at the Reception and Sunil who manages the breakfast buffet.

The hotel is clean, well located (about 3 kms from the airport and 5 kms from the Railway Station). Its on the road to the Ajanta caves as well

The hotel has a well stocked bar, amazing food and if you fancy something which you are not sure of then the Prozone mall food court is about a 10 min walk away.

The rooms are squeaky clean, the decor is stylish and the bathrooms are well done

There is wifi in all rooms and its included in your room rate. I have always done a check in by sending an email and very few hotels offer me that luxury as I travel often and more of an email than a phone call person

They have a swimming pool (that I have honestly not used) but its quite well maintained

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the WIFI box as the wifi can be a little weaker as you stay away. The hotel...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Aman S, Manager at Hotel Windsor Castle, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Dear Guest
Greetings from Hotel Windsor Castle, Aurangabad.

Thank you for choosing Hotel Windsor Castle for your continuous visit. It was a great privilege to have you with us at our hotel. We are extremely happy to have your detail beautiful feedback on our services,Staff,Location etc

We have always been earnest in our endeavor to extend the very best to our guests. Thanking you for the beautiful feedback on our services and ensuring our best of services and attention at all times.

Thanks & Regards,