Vivanta by Taj Aurangabad
Amarpreet Hotel(Aurangabad)
$37
$26
TripAdvisor
All reviewschinese restaurantajanta and ellora cavesswimming poolgarden viewthe entire staffbeautiful hotelmaintained propertyrooms are largenice poolcourteous staffearly morningexcellent staybuffet breakfastroom servicerestaurant staffquality of foodbusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 5, 2009

its a great experience. Really spacious hotel.the garden is great. rooms are excellent

• Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed June 3, 2009

Taj Residency Aurangabad

This hotel is close to the Ajanta and Ellora caves and those are what we had gone to see.The hotel kept us in that ancient world charm.It follows an old Mughal kind of architecture with spacious lawns and a compact pool.The rooms have balconies with ‘JHulas”. The kitchens are excellent, and all of it was quite affordable.Their recently started outdoor buffet in the evening offers great grilled food.The breakfast too has good choice, needless to say the service was prompt and polite.
The place is quiet, charming , and still , in the city.One can actually take a walk to the market outside.
The staff helped us arrange a trip to the caves, and when we returned the tranquil mood was retained in the hotel!I t was that quietand exudes a sense of peace at all times.
Very easily accessible from Mumbai, we took the Tapovan train which reaches there in about 7 hours.
A holiday to be done with kids to introduce them to the Buddhists cave without emptying the pockets.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2009

My travel agent had booked a room in Taj in Oct 08. I reached the hotel early morning at around 3pm. To my surprise the manager informed me that he does not have any booking details with him and the all the rooms are full. I showed the email confirmation received from my travel agent but he was not in a mood to listen anything and he was arrogant too. I requested him if I can be accomodated in any small room till morning. The manager dnied that as well and asked me to leave the hotel at 3am. It was a terrible experience in Taj Aurangabad.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank bajirao
Reviewed May 10, 2009

Date 10th Feb 2009
I am a frequent visitor to this hotel because of my regular visits to the city and I choose this hotel every time for a few specific things which are
- the heritage nature of the hotel
- value for money
- beautiful surroundings

If you compare this hotel with some of the other chains you will see a striking difference - everything from the food, the ambiance, the structure and the general feeling revolves around the Indian culture which sometimes is very soothing and you tend to feel very homely. my stays at this hotels are very relaxing even though In have been there purely for business. This is due to the fact that the vibes that one gets here are of a different nature which you get only at select places.
The food - I would rate it as the best I have had in this region but there was nothing to complain about. Yes, of course you can relish and taste some of the few local cuisines which you may not even hear of at other places. What is more enriching is the fact the you can get all this at a very unbeatable price which makes the icing for the cake. I think this is a must stay (read that as the only place) in Aurangabad if you are visitor.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2009

Excellent location, good food, friendly staff

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business