“Amazing service, good property”

Vivanta by Taj Aurangabad
Ranked #1 of 58 Hotels in Aurangabad
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Amazing service, good property”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Taj the hotels that have gone global but continue on with a scent of India across. This particular property has a grandiose attached to it. The exceptional service makes it stand out. The rooms are decent, i was on second floor with a balcony overview. Its peaceful and scenic. The surroundings were serene. Quick check in followed by quick ironing at 9 PM in the night was amazing. The two downside on why i am not rating it 5/5 are:
1. Baggage screening at the entrance of hotel not at lobby which means it takes longer. An operation oversight i believe.
2. The TV (old school cathode ray TV) with poor reception. In a smart age of atleast LCD s are expected.
I must mention the good service again, i ordered room dining and got desserts complimentary. Very friendly staff on their toes to help you at all times.

Room Tip: Ask for Pool facing
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Freeport, New York
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I returned to the Taj Residency with high hopes since I had such a wonderful first visit and they did not disappoint. I arrived around 8PM and the manager greeted me and check-in went very quickly. He escorted me to my room, a large room with a balcony overlooking the pool and then gave me a rundown of how things worked. I had my laundry sent out and it was back by 11PM. I ordered room service and it was delivered within 30 minutes. The food is excellent and the service is perfect. The pool area is beautiful and very quiet and comfortable, I spend two afternoons there. The staff is all very friendly and always ready to help.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Serene atmosphere, close to airport., fifteen minutes drive. Friendly staff. Value for money. Ethnic furniture is a welcome addition but crt tv ? Reception service is quick. Very few known brands in aurangabad.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Navi Mumbai, India
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I made a unplanend trip to Aurangabad with my family last week and booked in the counter without any reservation. The checkin was nice and the hotel was equally nice to allot me a room with 2 balconies suited to my small kids. All seemed to go well till I realised that the AC even though kept on max could not cool the room enough. It took a lot of effort from their maintainence team to correct but cooling could have been better.

Room Tip: Option to choose from Pool Facing rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank PreneetBhat
Dublin
Reviewed May 16, 2014

It is hard to believe this hotel is owned by Taj, even under its lower Vivante label and absolutely astonishing that it is used for training by a local tourism college. It has it's good points - housekeeping and restaurant staff are good, and it has it's bad points. You can't get from rooms to restaurants without being eaten alive by Mosquitos and you can't use the room balconies for the same reason.
But let me explain what happened to us. The hotel made a mistake on our booking and booked us for two nights instead of three. Two days before our trip they were made aware of their mistake. First they said they would sort it, then they said they had no rooms free. When we checked on line they had several rooms but they were more expensive. This was pointed out and they said they would sort it out. When we got there we were told they hadn't sorted it out and there would not be a room for us on the final night - there was no offer to find anything else. We protested and were told that they would know by 11 am on the following day whether they could free up a room or not. In the end we cancelled our guide for the final day and changed our flights at a cost of over 8,000 rupees. We checked on line and found they still had unsold higher price rooms. We told them our opinion of their behavior and a more senior member of staff offered us a suite for the final night and suggested we change our flights again!!!!! (there was no offer of covering all the extra flight costs). At no time did the reception staff apologies for their lack of professionalism and at no time was there any indication that reception and reservations communicate with each other or with their management.
Furthermore Vivante is supposed to be the Taj business section but there were no accessible power points for laptops etc and wifi was very slow.
Avoid

Room Tip: All the rooms look good but balconies are unusable in mosquito season and you need to get staff to m...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
7 Thank DublinKaty
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed May 9, 2014

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights over May 1st holiday. Prior to arrival we received 3 phone calls regarding our check-in time. The first call was day before our arrival, which we appreciated. My husband was irritated by the 3rd call asking the same question.

When we arrived we were shocked when the front desk informed us the room needed "rectification" and we had to wait some 20mins. When I asked what this meant it turned out to be "cleaning" of the room. We checked in at 7pm after visiting the caves, which should not have been a surprise given the prior calls!

Whilst waiting in the restaurant, a manager informed us they were giving us an "upgrade". This turned out to be a room which fitted the description of our reservation but could not be further away from the restaurant or reception! Judging from the restaurant customers and usage of pool, the hotel clearly was not full. "Rectification" was also in process as we were led to the room.

To make matters worse, we also received a call during our stay asking us our check-out time!

I really think the staff at the front desk could take some lessons from the restaurant staff and room service staff, who were very pleasant and smiling every time they saw us. I was very disappointed by the front desk service and attitude (no greetings etc). This was not what I was expecting from the Taj brand. And three pre check-in calls is a bit over the top especially when not acted upon.

Room Tip: Long wait at restaurant for food even though empty
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Razpeep
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I stayed here for a couple of nights and found the service to be excellent. Look out for Guest Relations' Birendra and up and coming trainee, Shefali. With staff like these, Vivanta by Taj Aurangabad has a bright future.

Mrs Rukhsana Tennyson - At Leisure Travel