Stayed at the Taj, now renamed Vivanta. Was told I'd been upgraded when i checked in, but the room I was shown was ok at best. It was clean and comfortable, but I expect that in all rooms at Taj hotels. Nothing special. The fittings looked a bit tired. Chipped paint and tatty card signs for the door.
Beautiful gardens and pool. Very difficult to find a pool hand or anyone to take an order for food or drinks by the pool.
There was a lot of construction noise as a now restaurant is being created. I was not advised of this when I booked and it did impact upon the enjoyment. The staff were all very helpful and a lovely dinner, fish curry. The bar was closed because of the construction work.
I'd stay there again, but no high expectations. Perfectly acceptable though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moghul-style hotel with central dome, situated on 5 landscaped acres. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoftTaj, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Vivanta by Taj Aurangabad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Residency Hotel Aurangabad
- Aurangabad Taj Residency Hotel