“Undoubtedly the best!”

Vivanta by Taj Aurangabad
Ranked #1 of 60 Hotels in Aurangabad
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Wanted to visit Aurangabad and decided to stay in the best place around. So booked Taj through Yatra.com and got a good bargain. The hotel was as great as I expected it to be.
Positives:
1. The hotel architecture is as magnificent as Taj's other properties. The large grennery around the ivory white hotel structure, beautiful big lawn and equally beautiful swimming pool add to the charm.
2. Room are spacious and aesthetically done.
3. Staff are courteous and eager to help. They arranged for surprise anniversary card and cake cutting, which was so touching.
4. Food options are good and food was delicious.
Negatives: NONE
Go and pamper yourself in this absolutely best of the class hotel.

Room Tip: Lawn facing rooms have beautiful view.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ManojSinha

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Hotel stands out in terms of interiors and exteriors. staff is very warm and i truly impressed with their service. One incident was that I for got to collect my PAN card, they came to my room and handed over to me. I totally forgot that I given my id proof at check in counter.

I got lawn view room, it has good balcony, swimming pool view. Quality of food is good. I had nice sleep. Good

I preferred to come again and again to Taj, when I visit Aurangabad.

Regds
Srirama

Room Tip: Lawn view room will be good
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mylanHyderabad
Reviewed July 3, 2012

The hotel exterior and the garden is very pretty .The service is exceptional as they have trainees from the adjacent hotel management college,& they are good.The breakfast and food is good.I would like to come back and stay in this hotel again to spend some quite time here.The only problem I could find was the rooms,they are still old fashioned with a bid key and old TV set.Some times trainees can be little stupid .Remove these small problems and this is one perfect hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Imprmis
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Aurangabad is a small place so my expectations were not too high.but this was a lovely property.from the quick check in to the cold towels and lemon drinks we got on arrival.big room and huge bed(big enough for4).the breakfast was good. Nice big swimming pool.and decently priced for a taj property.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank alok
Reviewed June 21, 2012

The staff made our stay here and could not do enough for us.We had a tour to the fort and the caves at Ellora, and the hotel staff negotiated what we thought was a good price for car and driver. We enjoyed the visits immensely and will probably come again. The restaurant had excellent food, especially the nuts with aperitifs.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank steve22England
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Aurangabad is a quaint city which is definitely worth a visit once in a lifetime. Located 35 kilometers from Ellora and 99 kilometers from Ajanta, it is a convenient location for a tourist who is styaing up to four days in the city.
Taj Residency is a five star(now luxury) hotel. it has all the comforts from room service to s a small spa given that it is 66 rooms in size. I enjoyed the pool view room which had a verandah as well as a small. balcony on which I could sit and enjoy the cool evenings we were in Aurangabad.
The restaurant was quite small and suprizingly, the hospitality was equally so. The waiter did not ask us for refills when I finished my drink and forgot my order which is very sad given that it was a Taj hotel which is a chain well known for its good hospitality.
The housekeeping staff was friendly and accommodating and gave me all the information on the city we needed. After booking a car through the hotel we left for sightseeing but realized that the hotel had forgotten to give me my packed lunch which was promised in the package.
I chose to overlook that and continue onto Ellora which was a beautiful experience.
Aurangabad city did not have much to offer but Bibi Ka Maqbara and Daulatabad Fort were two sights which were worth seeing and visiting.
When I got back to the hotel, I was asked which room i was staying in in spite of having been there two days already. It was disappointing but at least the room was made when I entered. All in all it was a slightly disappointing experience and i don't feel like I got the value for money.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank AlishaT152
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 1 day. Frankly, I was a bit happy with the hospitality of the staff. While checking in they did long baggage screening and car check, even when it was a hotel cab. But it was a nightmarish experience on the second day after I checked out. Then I realized all the security checks were actually done for hotel's own security rather than the guest's.

I asked for airport drop by the hotel cab itself. I paid for it while settling the bills & took the cab. Just before reaching the airport, the driver started asking for money. When I told him that I already paid for it, he said this is a vendor cab & not the hotel's & I have to pay. On top of it, he said he doesnt care if I was a Taj guest and he would only go ahead once I pay him. Even calling the hotel didnt help as the front desk didnt have any clue about it. Then, another person from outside joined the driver and asked me to give money, or get out of the car. Luckily, I had some time left for the flight so I decided to leave the car and walk to the hotel for my own security.

Post the incident, only the airport attendent of Taj came with an apology for the "inconvenience", which actually according to me was an INSULT. They committed to look into the matter, but I am yet to receive even a call from the hotel.

Room Tip: Should atleast keep LCD TVs. The rooms have old TVs
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business