Aurangabad is really a a base for visiting the nearby Ajanta and Ellora caves - assuming you're a tourist.
If ths is the case, this place is great - rooms and bathrooms are spacious - and there's a swing on most balconies. Someone's spent a lot of time on the entrance hall, and it shows. Pool is pretty good as well. I think most rooms overlook the garden. Staff are all happy to help with whatever you need.
The only thing that's really missing is a proper restauraunt - under refurbishment and due to open in Feb 2008. They're using another room as an eating area in the meantime, but it's utterly charmless - you're better off going somewhere else instead. The menus they're currently using looked rather shabby - some of the ink had already come off !
Having said all that, the same kind of place would cost 5 times the price in London - I liked the place at least
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moghul-style hotel with central dome, situated on 5 landscaped acres. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, DerbySoftTaj, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vivanta by Taj Aurangabad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Residency Hotel Aurangabad
- Aurangabad Taj Residency Hotel