“Good Budget hotel”
Review of Hotel Panchavati

Hotel Panchavati
Ranked #7 of 58 Hotels in Aurangabad
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We have stayed for 3 days in Mar 13 in this hotel. We have taken a AC room. The rooms were very spacious and good for the budget hotel. The hotel staff was very helpful and very honest. We have forgotten the Wallet near reception and straight way they sent the wallet to the room.
The restaurant of the hotel was good enough and the preparation was very good. I definitely recommend this budget hotel under 20 USD. We have a great trip to this historical city.

Room Tip: Choose room from the back side. That will be less noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Panchavati

Reviewed April 17, 2013

The hotel is very close to the bus station (10 minutes walking or 10 rupiees by tuk-tuk) and not too noisy. Rooms are very simple and you should check if yours is clean before accepting, anyway you don't have many facilities inside. All windows have mosquito nets so you don't have to worry about insects. Front desk people is very kind and perfectly English speaking. The best feature is a very reliable travel agency in the hotel (Ashoka tours and travels, also mentioned by Lonely Planet), it's open from 7 am to 9 pm. They have a cyber point inside (20 rupiees/hour). They can help you organise your visit to Ajanta/Ellora caves, Aurangabad, Lonar Crater at very good prices. They seem to be very honest, I would have visited Lonar but they told me not to go there because of the hot temperature, even if they are losing money for this. So, the hotel is an average one, but I strongly recommend the travel agency!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I had booked this hotel for our one day trip to aurangabad. We wanted to be close to the railway station as we had a meeting to attend and we want to catch early morning train out the next day morning.

First of all, the location was absolutely terrible because they tell close to railway station and it far from railway station around 2 km The approach was difficult and it looked like a real shady place. Once we went in, the reception and common areas looked decent so we heaved a sigh of relief.

But our nightmares began when we entered the room. It smelled musty and old. And then we saw some thing crawling on the bed. It looked like a centipede but i wasnt sure. We requested to change the room but it was pretty late in the night.. So they werent very responsive. Finally we bought some cotton and stuffed it in our ears and went off to sleep. it was so load in the night all traffic and horns all night .... please avoid this hotel any any cost if u want to sleep at nigth

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank anujs2008
Reviewed April 11, 2013

The AC room I had booked online wasn't available, so I asked to put the 200 rupee difference per night towards my checking out 7 hours later (it's a 24-hour check-in/out policy, and I arrived at 5am but they let me leave at noon, which is the time most guests are asked to check out by). The room was decent, but there weren't any sheets to speak of, so I was glad to have my silk sleeping bag. The good part of the hotel is having Ashok Travel next door is a blessing, as the man behind the counter (Mr. Ashok?) is a wonderful man who won't try to screw you over with expensive tours or buses (he told me how to get to Ellora and Ajanta using public buses). Wifi is only available inside Ashok Travel (30 rupees an hour).

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Good clean big rooms, ensuites spacious, showers good, hotel staff friendly and helpful, restaurant downstairs very good and reasonably priced - however - when ordering room service expect to be disrupted repeatedly, once to confirm order, once to deliver order, once for payment, once for collection of dishes and the hotel boys have a habit of just walking into your room without waiting for a reply or requesting to enter, which if you are toileting, showering, changing or lying in bed barely clothed (ladies) can be inconvenient. This said, overall it was a pretty good base for trips to Ellora, Ajanta, Lonar Crater. Aurangabad itself has not much to offer, however there is a water park with a number of water slides which makes for a pleasant, cool escape from the heat.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Come here for value for money and decent service. No fancy stuff, simple plain basic. But Neat and Clean. Customer service is the highlight!! My room AC was malfunctioning and in 30 minutes 3 people came to check, They also offered to change my room, but i had settled, so refused. Hot water in bathroom is always on...at this price point its a luxury!

Room Tip: Choose rooms away from traffic!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank indimasala
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I booked this hotel after reading comments from prior travelers and found the hotel was very good. Though it's not new hotel but room & bathroom was clean. It was my first time in India
but I felt safe and relax than expected and had a really pleasant stay. Hotel staff that I had
contacted were nice and courteous. I started my three day trip in each early morning and most of the time had met a hotel staff name Mr. Ravi who actively helped communicating & negotiation with local auto-tuk tuk drivers. Due to low season, the government
regular tours to Ajanta and Ellora caves couldn't gather enough number of people so I went
to caves by local buses which was not difficult.
Within the hotel, there is a travel agent name Asoke that you may get the idea for private car or book government regular tours. I found him giving me straightforward information though I ended up not using his service.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo