“NOISEFREE STAY” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of MTDC Holiday Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Aurangabad
MTDC Holiday Resort
Ranked #36 of 56 Hotels in Aurangabad
Akola, India
“NOISEFREE STAY”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

-Whenever I go to Shirdi from Akola(from Nagpur side),with family and in my car, I prefer to halt

at Aurangabad for convenience and also because it possesses abundant tourist destinations in

and around

-This time around, I could not secure rooms in my regular hotels as all rooms were "booked" on

30 and 31 December

-Referred to 'MTDC resort' by a friend

- MTDC is not a resort but an old 'government bungalow' type hotel in a sprawling campus

-Compound is big; car parking, my greatest prioroty, not a problem at all

-Reception desk is courteous to the core and there are few tourist counters to help travellers

-Pathway leading to my rooms was also noiseless

-Room given to me was big and clean. Same goes to the bathroom.

-There are rooms ranging from 1000 to 2500{ including suite and family rooms(for 3)}

-Room service was just ok though I suggest fellow-travellers to render exact change to roomboys

as they do not seem particular to return excess fare. Also, I was told by the reception that

the ' service' was cancelled on 31 evening

-Though an Maharashtra government property,absolutely no brochures or literature regarding

Aurangabad or its famous neighboring Ajanta and Ellora

-Bar and restaurant in the campus. Restaurant is moderately good and the charges are

reasonable( both veg and non-veg)

-Though I spent two nights, 30 and 31(year end), I was totally undisturbed by noise of vehicles or

guests

-There is a beeline of good veg and non-veg restaurants on both sides of the hotel as it is very

near to the railway station.This impressed me because I always prefer to have a try at restarants

outside my place of stay. There is no 'complimentary breakfast' in MTDC

- PLUSES: NOISEFREE, GOOD EATERIES SURROUNDING, PROXIMITY TO THE RAILWAY

- MINUSES: LITTLE AWAY FROM THE CITY CENTRE, NO GYMS OR SWIMMING POOL, ROOM SERVICE NOT EXACTLY GREAT

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank drganapathibhat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

the Mtdc Hotel is nicely situated near the station.Location is very accesible from the highway.
Stayed i deluxe non Ac rooms ,rooms are huge & clean
Did not use any inhouse facilities for food & drink
service is preety slow
would recomment Hotel Kailash nearby foor Good Food
Hotel That Baat near Vivekanand College is good for Rajasthani Food
Overall stay Is good Service as mentioned is slow but an average traveller in aurangabad is hardly in his room throughout the day so its fine.
would recommend the place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank desaipv
Jamnagar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

The hotel stuff are friendly and flexible, the rooms are okay like budget hotel. its a wide property with lots of space to go with family and friends. Location is very near to Railway station so much convinient. I recommend for foreign tourist who rely on Govt. guest house and look for budget stay. Overalll nice experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ratnesh_vohra
Pune
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

We have been here last month and the place is quite damn bad.
Its fairly overpriced too though its dirty enough.
it just survives on the fact that many people believe that MTDC is a fairly decent option.
MTDC ajanta or MTDC Ajanta T junction are good but avoid this.

Room Tip: Just go out and search for another Hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank Chaitanya T
Walaja
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

We along with 82 students about 40 Girls and 42 Boys reverved the hotel after confirming that they will collect Rs 1200/- each for Triple bed with 5 students occupying one room and 2double bed with two staff members for Rs 1000/- after having discussion with the above person mentioned and checked in on 6th Sept 2012 early morning reaching by Devagiri Express from SecBad which late by about an hour. We deposited Rs 3000/- as adv in Chennai in Karnataka bank, Alwarpet Branch on 29th Aug 2012. When we went to take tea, they gave a chioce to offer breakfast at Rs 43/- per person with special item name Puha with Tea. It was lousy with full of salt and were given about 80ml tea in a plastic cup. Later we were asked to deposit the full amount and we immediately deposited cash after withdrawing money in ATM. The person did not keep his promise and we had to check out on 7th morning by 6 am for which we paid about rs 55000/- iin. The person manning the resorts does not even know how to behave. When we have all the way come from the distant place and making arrangement in this manner it is very sad. One does not know the Maharastra Govt. has given authority to man the Hotel to such a type of person. He collected exhorbitant amount from us and in fact he wanted to pay everything by cash though we had told him that we will deposit in Bank as it would be accounted. When questioned he started shouting at me, who had earlier met in the Hotel on Aug 16, 2012 after making pre arrangment trip. The Maharastra Govt should make a though audit of all the transaction taken place, and remove this person for doing business.
We will never recommend anyone to go this hotel in future as we had plans to take our 3rd and 2nd year students to Factory visit in aurangabad and sight seeing to Ajanta, Ellora. Because of the problem we could not go to Ellora ans our railway tickets were already booked more than one month in advance. The students trip became miserable after this incident and we were in short of money. They could not make any purchases. We DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TO GO THIS HOTEL HEREAFTER. PLEASE TEACH THEM A LESSON.
DIRTY DIRTY DIRTY BEHAVIOUR. THE PERSONAS MANNING WETRE JUSTFIED IN MY DISCUSSION WHICH TOOK PLACE BETWEEN 12:30 am AND !:40 am EARLY MORNING ON 7TH. NEVER NEVER STAY IN THIS HOTEL ONCE AGAIN.

LET THE MAHARASTRA GOVERNMENT LOOK INTO THIS MATTER VERY SERIOUSLY

FOR MORE DETAILS CONTACT 09884054119, 08428478474
NAME OF THE PERSON : VASUDEVAN. B

Room Tip: We request noone should go to this Hotel for stay for what ever may be reason. They are cheating.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
12 Thank WalajaRec

Travelers are raving about these Aurangabad hotels

Calcutta, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Stayed in MTDC Aurangabad in August 2011 for 2 days. We booked four AC DBRs for a party of 8 adults and a child. The rates were reasonable. It was not the usual 'peak' season. Moreover, we spent our time there in the middle of a week and that made our stay all the more enjoyable. When the people in the world outside was busy with their schedule, we roamed on the streets of Aurangabad, climbed "Daulatabad Fort Peak", some 1500 kilometers from our hometown. The resort was not crowded at that time. The restaurant was good. It offered freshly-cooked items for the breakfast. One can find some items of interest in the shop inside the resort and collect them as mementos.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank saubhix
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

I was in India for 4 weeks. In the whole time, this was the worst place I stayed.

I arrived at 8pm straight from the train station. I've just never had a worse nights sleep in my life! I was given a room in the building right next to the main road. All night I was kept awake by the sounds of car horns and lorries and busses crashing along the road 20 yards from my room. The windows don't have glass in, just a film to keep out mozzies, but it meant the noise was unbearable.

Then to cap it all, at about 4am a load of dogs within the compound started barking and chasing each other around!

I checked out the next morning and found a much better hotel for the rest of my stay in Aurangabad.

If you do go there, don't get a room anywhere near the road. But, then again, I'd say just don't go there!

For what its worth, the room was clean. The bathroom was large and although it did have the odd lizard, it looked well looked after. Air con worked fine. Beds were a bit hard. But, really, this isn't worth risking it!

Room Tip: Don't get a room anywhere near the road.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo