“stay”
Review of Regal Plaza Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Aurangabad
Regal Plaza Hotel
Ranked #12 of 59 Hotels in Aurangabad
Reviewed July 13, 2012

i have stayed in this property from 11/07/2012 to 15/07/2012, while on a business tour to aurangabad, it was a very nice experience out their, very good people, highly appreciable service & housekeeping. Jitendra is very helpful & polite even after restaurant get closed he served us the food, beyond home service.. visit & experience yourself

Room Tip: 3rd floor all rooms are good to stay
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed July 3, 2012

My family stayed here in March 2012. Aurangabad was a convenient base for Ajanta and Ellora and other reviews of this hotel pointed at it being just the sort of place that was suited for a journey like ours.
Though we were in Aurangabad for 2 full days, we hardly spent any time in the city itself. A full day trip to Ajanta and another to Ellora+Daulatabad meant that the hotel was used mostly as a place to sleep and nothing else. And Regal Plaza serves this purpose admirably.
My parents traveled from Hyd and I from Mumbai - Aurangabad is in the middle. We all reached the hotel very early (5 am) thanks to the train timings. The hotel is a 10 min walk from the railway station and even at 5 am it wasn't scary. My parents caught a rickshaw though and it only took them a couple of minutes.

Despite the unearthly hour, we were able to check into our rooms without any trouble. The staff if very helpful. The food is ok - nothing good or bad. Food does take quite some time to arrive and they usually don't have half the things that are written on the menu - so factor all of this when you're ordering food. Especially if you need to leave early, make sure you place a room service order as soon as you wake up. Also follow up with breakfast orders because they forget sometimes.

The hotel rooms were clean and big. The loos were clean too. The hotel was nice enough to arrange for a our tours on both days + a drop to the railway station. They also have a gym in the basement, but we were too exhausted with all the sightseeing to even contemplate giving it a go.

Overall, if I had to visit Aurangabad again, I would definitely stay here. Fuss free, clean and good rates to boot.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jeannettemarsh
Reviewed July 2, 2012

The Rooms are Cheap. And that about sums up the rooms' condition.
They smell, the bathrooms are filthy and the cockroaches drove us mad.
We stayed there only for a few hours due to unavoidable circumstances.
The staff was courteous though.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 7, 2012

This hotel was very competitively priced and reasonably clean though it had a funny smell when I stayed there. My hot water wasn't working or was not available in the evenings, but the staff brought me hot water in a bucket for my bath. I was there in January and the room was unheated and quite chilly at night. The bed was old and the linens were questionable so I slept in my own sleep-sack and used only their blankets.

Staff was polite and helpful enough.

I think it was a good value overall but don't expect too much!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 21, 2012

This is my second visit to the hotel. Last time had a good experience so visited again.

Considering both the visits here is my review.

Good:
This is a good budget hotel, located hardly a km away from Bus stand & Railway Station, also located at quite place.
Rooms are nice with good space.

However, considering summer in Aurangabad, don't take AC rooms. We couldn't get AC rooms as all were occupied. Non-AC rooms were too hot, & even FAN couldn't do anything.

Bad(or small issues):
In my second visit, the room given was not clean, bed sheets were not cleaned. However, when told them, they changed it.
First visit was too good, Ac rooms & bed sheets were as clean as shown in detergent Ads. !
Beds quality is not good, but not that BAD as well.

Restaurant: not at all good. not tasty at all.

There is no other things to do, but a good hotel to sleep !

But will surely visit again (For AC room)

Room Tip: Get the rooms on Mountain side good view. For others there is building on another side - just forge...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2012

A budget hotel not far from the railway station. The greatest advantage of this hotel is its 24hr checkout time. The hotel looks like a new one from outside, but the inside is older. The rooms are okay and clean but not spotless. The room we booked for was not available at the time of checkin, so we had to wait in another room and switch later, which was a little inconvenient. Might be due to the sudden change in rooms, the one we asked for, the bathrooms were not clean. The fittings were all old. Room service and housekeeping too were slow and inefficient.

The food served at the in-house restaurant is not that great and felt it was a bit expensive. The food is clean and okay, but does not taste great. Also, it takes much time to prepare and serve food by the staff.

In short, this is a budget place and if you are looking for a room under Rs.1000 with flexible checkout timings, then this place will be good.

Room Tip: As with most hotel bookings in India, directly call the hotel and check the prices before booking di...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Seena_Joy
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Hotel regal plaza 02402329322: very clean twin room and bathroom in business hotel, with TV, not too far from the train station. Hot water in the morning. Helpful staff. Flexible 24 hr checkout. Rs 650. Even though I was visiting during the week I had difficulties finding a room, so it’s a good idea to book in advance here.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo