“Simply Superb..the ideal hotel”

Lemon Tree Hotel, Aurangabad
Ranked #4 of 58 Hotels in Aurangabad
Reviewed December 8, 2009

The hotel is excellent. We arrived at Aurangabad staton at night and had asked for pick up. The rooms were nice and clean. The staff were very friendly. The breakfast at Citrus cafe was so goooood that I skipped my lunch. We requested for a cab for sightseeing. The trip was too good...There was a personalized touch to the services. The WiFi conectivity was good. Over all experience was excellent.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 6, 2009

I have been to the Lemon Tree Hotel for 3 days/2 nights as a starting point for our trips to Ellora and Ajanta. The people are all very very nice and friendly, the rooms as well as the whole hotel is clean. The Poolside was very nice even I had no time to go in.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 5, 2009

My husband and I stayed five nights in this hotel and we liked it very much. The whole hotel is clean and in a modern style. The rooms are well equipped and they have a balcony or a terrace. The food in the restaurant is good and the staff is friendly. Whenever there was a problem, the staff was there within a minute to help. (E.g. I didn't succeed in entering the wireless internet, called the reception and immediately they sent someone to the room to assist me.)
And last but not least : there is a very large and very clean swimming pool! I absolutely loved it!

Actually, we really enjoyed our stay and I can't think of any negative points to mention here.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2009

The Lemon tree hotel in aurangabad that I had a stay at for 2 nights was a great experience. Expected the hotel be just average but its great value for money and exceeded my expectation.

The hotel setup is great with a swimming pool at the centre of the hotel and a fitness centre right next to it. The bar facility is good with a good variety of drinks available..

All in All a Great experience.

Definitely recommend this hotel to everyone if you planning to visit Aurangabad next time round.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 2, 2009

My wife and I booked the hotel through the internet via IRCTC. Not knowing what to expect as Aurangabad was new territory for me.
The purpose of the visit was to tour Ajantha and Ellora.

Departing from Munbai, we landed around 20:00hrs. Right from the airport we were amazed!

We never requested an airport pickup, and expected to find a taxi and find our way to the hotel. Miracle of Miracles, overhearing a conversation I had with the airport tour desk to schedule a vehicle for the tour, where I mentioned we were staying at the Lemon tree, the hotel representative came charging over with the greatest enthusiasm to inform me that the hotel provided a courtsey transport. That was a very pleasant first!!!

We expected a bus type mass hauler with bad suspension, but chose to take up the offer, at least we hoped they'd know where to go. We were again caught off guard when a great looking Toyota Innovo drove up for the pickup. The interior was perfect, the driver spoke and acceptable level of English, and even detoured to the nearest ATM, where I charged up the INR stock.

The hotel its self was a shear pleasure. Exactly what a hotel should be.

Checking was effortless and the mannerism of the staff was most welcoming. The travel fatigue disappeared simply with Bharathi's attitude, we knew this would be a home away from home.

The room was fabulous. All conceivable facilities were provided. The room was perfectly clean. Though I had paid only INR5600/- for the room I found that I had been upgraded to a suite.

The suite was most spacious, in fact too much space would be the complaint if any. Nice and tasteful parquet flooring matched with the simplicity of white washed walls and tastefully contoured and focused lighting. The ambiance was most relaxing.

The bedding was perfect. Not too soft, not too hard, perfectly attired with the appropriate configuration of bed linen. I had a hard time dragging my self out of bed to get to the lounge to watch the latter half of a cricket match, and that is a rarity, I need no coaxing to watch good cricket.

The closet design and the bathroom design was good. Very functional and ergonomic.

We stepped out about 21:30 to locate the restaurant, and upon reaching the reception was immediately escorted to the place by a concierge, who displayed an attitude of intelligent anticipation. He knew without us having to ask the purpose of our excursion from the room.

The restaurant staff were most courteous. The selection of food was quite good with a good balance of Indian and western food.
The service was most efficient with me having to be faster than the waiter such that he did not clear my plate/s, that I may re-use it in my personal bid at water conservation. The banquet manager displayed extreme concern for our well being, but never to the extent of intruding. Perfectly judicious on the picking of the moment of entry. Fantastic!

Checking out was just as hassle free, and quick, but not withstanding, conveying absolutely no sense of intrusion or delay, I found that I had also in the same process answered a comprehensive self review by the hotel. So effortless was it that it only dawned on me that it was done whilst getting in to the vehicle.

The hotel is quite new. My guess is that it had to be less than 2 years old in 2009.

It is a perfect place to stay if ever venturing to Aurangabad and I recommend it without hesitation.

I will henceforth stay no where else.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Arjunaperera
Reviewed November 29, 2009

My co-workers wanted me to stay at the Taj Residence hotel, but I insisted on the Lemon Tree because of all the great reviews on TripAdvisor and I'm so glad I did.

After several weeks in rather spartan conditions at a guest house in Pune, the Lemon Tree was exactly what I'd been hoping for. It was clean and professional with friendly and helpful service. The room was a good size, very comfortable and not the usual generic hotel decor. The restaurant was also very good, and the service was wonderful. I felt like I was staying at a five star resort for a fraction of the cost. Even the room service food was excellent!

I totally recommend this hotel if you're going to the Ellora and Ajanta caves. It's the perfect respite from the hustle and bustle of Indian traffic and stimulus overload.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank TinaMcCloskey
Reviewed November 22, 2009

I have just returned from a long weekend stay there. I arrived very early on the Friday morning and left late on the Sunday evening (20 - 22nd November). On my arrival I was met by Anand Bansod. Anand was extremely welcoming and exceptionally professional in his approach. He was able to listen to exactly what my requests were and to match them accordingly. I later found out that, by the time I had arrived, he had already been working for 10 hours, and that he works for 15 hours a day, 7 days a week. Even though I arrived at the hotel at 4:30am and didn't want to leave on the Sunday til very late, he was able to explain company policy and make necessary allowances which I was most grateful for.

Throughout my stay I made a number of visits to the front desk with various requests. Each time I was met with the wonderful smiles of Aditi Sabnis and Rashmi Dhokle. Even when the front desk was extremely busy and they appeared somewhat overwhelmed, they were always more than happy to help and make sure that I was happy. At times going completely out of their way to make sure I had a more than pleasant stay. Becuase of this it was a complete pleasure being a guest at the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo