“An unwanted wake up call at 5:30 AM”

Lemon Tree Hotel, Aurangabad
Ranked #4 of 58 Hotels in Aurangabad
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on 7-8 Dec 2013 when on a weekend trip to the city. Overall its a great property with well kept rooms, the large swimming pool definitely deserves a mention, and also the minimal health club overlooking the pool.
The hotel does not have a valet, so be prepared to park yourself. The restaurants are great, had a great buffet dinner and breakfast. Most of the dishes were well prepared.
The major let down however was a wake up call at 5:30 AM. That too not a programmed phone call, but a room service guy at the door consistently ringing the bell till I got up to answer. Who wants to be woken up at 5:30 AM on a vacation!! On enquiring we got to know that the room was initially allocated to another guest who shifted to another room, but all the add-ons he had ordered were coolly passed on to me.
The first apology came to me only after about 4 mins of the receptionist listening to the incident and then calling up some manager. The on duty manager was patiently explaining to us that since the phone would have been on DnD the room service calls in at the door - but Dear Sir, its ok if I asked for it, not otherwise.
This was one incident that ruined the entire experience for me!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel, Aurangabad, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to Lemon Tree Hotel, Aurangabad. We are happy to know you had an enjoyable vacation with us and appreciated our fresh, clean rooms and refreshing hotel ambience.

Our apologies for having unduly inconvenienced you with a morning wakeup call. It was a trail off on our part that should not have happened. We have re-briefed our staff to follow all pre-defined processes and be very careful in addressing and executing guest requests. We assure you of a better experience on your future visits.

Please give us an opportunity to make amends. Should you accede to my request, please email me at gm.ar@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

Best regards,

Rupesh Singh
Lemon Tree Hotel, Aurangabad

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We stayed here during our visit to Ajanta Ellora Caves..
Very good and suitable place to stay after busy and hectic day with site seeing..
Staff is courteous and helpful..
They also organise for your transport for site seeing..
We recommend this to others travelling to Aurangabad..

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel, Aurangabad, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Dear Mr. Nick:

Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your visit to Lemon Tree Hotel, Aurangabad. I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay.

When you decide to visit us next, please email me at gm.ar@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

The Lemon Tree has a very honest proposition - clean accommodation, above basic, and reasonably priced. And it delivers on this. What I hadn't expected was such good food, and an attentive chef taking an interest and coming out to meet the diners. For example the upma was light and fluffy, some of the best I have tasted - and it can be dire when made in volume, even in 5 star hotels.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Ms. Amanda:

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I went for a short trip for a conference in Aurangabad, but besides the breathtaking sculptures of Ajanta-Ellora, it was a real treat to stay in Lemon Tree hotel. Within 4 km of the airport, the hotel has very good location and ambience. Staffs are well mannered and eager to make your stay comfortable. The rooms are comfortable, airy and have nice view of the pool. Food is excellent , specially the breakfast. If u are a non-vegeterian, must try their "lamb" preparations. At night pool side dinner is quite nice. Their water saving try is good, but didn't like their policy of not changing the bath linens every day. The service is great and everyone is committed to make your stay memorable. Really worth staying !!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel, Aurangabad, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear Mr. Docmann:

Hotel General Manager

15 cities. 25 hotels. 2800 rooms. Refreshing India.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I spent 3 nights in this hotel last November. Spacious and very clean rooms, all very quite, exceptional swimming pool and good food. Very good buffet breakfast. A special thank you to the management and all the staff who are doing their very best to make your stay enjoyable. Even their prices for the cars with driver to visit Ajanta and Ellora caves are very competitive.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel, Aurangabad, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear Guest:

Reviewed December 16, 2013

While overall I am inclined to rate as Very Good , Lemon Tree really needs to work to excel.Following are Areas for Immediate Improvement.
1.I faced terrible problems while paying the bill.NO Debit card worked and Manager was unable to resolve the problem.I am Heart patient and could not withstand such stress.YOU NEED SERIOUS REVIEW OF ALL YOUR SYSTEMS AND EMPOWER YOUR MANAGER ON DUTY.YOU NEED TO WORK ON SIX SIGMA QUALITY to excel.
2.Service was very poor for the restayrent.Howver breakfast was EXCELLENT in all respects.
Lemon Tree Group has potential to become Top 10 in India if they follow my similar suggestions.You may contact me on 9820105256 if you wish.
Thyanks

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 15, 2013

The Hotel is best in Aurangabad. The property is well maintained. The Hotel staff is very good & co-operative & helpful all facilities were good. Internet Service is also good I love to have brekfast. Housekeeping staf also very good. The front desk all are very nice specialy Mr. Rupesh, Mr. Nelson, Mr. Rahul, Shradha,
Niranjan, Mayur, & Baliram, Suadarshan from IT.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business