All reviewsvalue for moneythe hotel offerslow seasonclean roomswithin walking distancekhajuraho templesguest househotel is locatedother hotelsrailway stationventilatorhospitality
Reviewed December 10, 2015

Two things - (1) Do not advocate this hotel if you are looking for a slightly upscale place (this is a substandard hotel) and (2) never book a place through goibibo, in case you face any trouble at the hotel they simply wash their hands off you! Below is the detail:
I booked two super deluxe (or Standard AC) rooms from Nov 30 - Dec 3, 2015 in the Hotel Casa Di Williams at Khajuraho @ Rs. 1485 per night per room. I checked in at 12:10 PM on Nov 30. This hotel claims itself to be a luxury hotel so did not mind the rate. It was supposed to be a grand family vacation but this hotel and goibibo almost ruined it! The hotel had prior knowledge that we are about to arrive, nonetheless the toilet seat in the room that I checked in was awfully dirty. When we complained, a person came and wiped it off with a piece of cloth, no disinfectant was used. This was the first turn off. The rooms were dark and dank and gloomy. The furniture inside worn out. The pillows were dirty, so was the bed linen. The toilet seat was broken at the hinge and was uncomfortable to use. The location is very good but the hotel makes no effort in maximizing the dividend. On one side there is a piece of grass land where a couple of cars can be parked, on the other side there is a garbage dump where pigs roam. In the front there is a lake with dirty water. Inside the hotel, in the garden area, there are artificial pools with dirty water. As a result of all these the place is infested with mosquitoes (see photos). The rooms are horribly substandard for a hotel that is so expensive. The TVs do not have cable connection, when we complained we were told that it is just a temporary problem. The rooms did not have any arrangement to make tea/coffee which is now a norm in any decent hotel. Neither do the rooms have telephone/intercom. When complained, we were told that these are the hotel's policy. I guess one cannot argue against that. We checked out after four hours. Lost our entire money, all three night's room charge, that we paid in advance. Would not advice anyone to stay at this place. Within 15 minutes of arrival we complained to goibibo. I do not know what transpired between the goibibo agent and the hotel management. They changed the bed linen and pillow covers but that was too little, too late to lift our mood. We checked out within 4 hours. Thanks to goibibo's policy we lost the entire money paid in advance for room charge. Had we booked directly, we would have only lost first night's charges. Thus goibibo does not stand by its customers, for them the bottom line is their profit. Would never book through them ever again. And finally, after reaching the hotel we realized we could have booked the room at a much cheaper rate than what we did with goibibo! The ONLY positive about this place is its location. It is literally 2 minutes walk away from the entrances to the Western Complex.

• Stayed: November 2015, traveled with family
2  Thank Amitabha B
Reviewed December 2, 2015

We had been to this hotel for three nights from 26.11.2015. Its just two minutes walk from the western group of temples. Has temple & lake view. The rooms are compact but neat & clean. 24 hours hot water is there. Linen is good. Service is good. Restaurant is also good & reasonably priced. all the staff is co-operative. Keep it up. good Luck! Sanjay Mahajan, Mumbai.

• Stayed: November 2015, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank ITCPHUKET
Reviewed November 13, 2015 via mobile

Great central location, 1 min walk away from the temples (Western Group),
rooms are ok,
but nothing special,
the hotel restaurant has a lovely roof terrace eaten,

we have there but not because nothing was going on,
nice staff, WiFi

Very nice Hotel

Stayed: November 2015
4  Thank Sandra E
Reviewed October 6, 2015

The hotel is good and clean. The view from the terrace is great, you are close to one of the main Temple sites and you can see two of the temples from the roofterrace! I loved the food and the real coffee they serve (on the menu...don't know the name anymore)
The shower wasn't warm but warm enough not to be cold. It was hot when I was there so I didn't mind. The WiFi is not available in the rooms but still works on the roofterrace. Shops and centre new town is in walking distance, 5 min.

Stayed: October 2015, traveled solo
3  Thank Jacomijn74
Reviewed October 3, 2015 via mobile

Okay so good or bad points? We shall just start at the beginning, turned up and everything was running as should, hotel is nice staff were lovely, they were trying to sell us tours with tiny white lies "no you can't cycle there get a taxi, no you need more time etc" I went upstairs to check the room and all seemed really nice. I came downstairs to find my partner a little red faced as she had spent that time saying no repeatedly to the staff trying to sell her tours and tickets to all manner of things. also angry at not being able to pay for the room as they didn't have change! So I told her to relax and we went up to our room. The room was nice and bathroom was one of the best we've seen! But the shower didn't work due to limescale build up! So we had bucket showers and reported it to the staff. Unfortunately the internet at this time also was not working which at that time was massively inconvenient and I think if I had not stealthily removed the dead gecko from the bathroom before my partner saw we would have been moving hotels! But from there everything turned around, we went out for a few hours and came back to a fully functioning shower and the best we've had in India so far! The internet was up and running and the food was coming from the restaurant! We were ahead of the busy season so you can see how problems will be ironed out by the peak times ie they will have change for your payments, the chef will be in the kitchen and cooking already, the Internet will always be on and the rooms will be in use so functioning!

Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple