“Very good hotel”
Review of Hotel Usha Bundela

Hotel Usha Bundela
Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Khajuraho
Reviewed May 1, 2014

The jewel of this hotel is its garden and swimming pool. We were there in april (very hot but not so humid) so to have a bath in the fresh and clean water was amazing!! Rooms are in the average and toilet didn't flush properly. Bathroom in general should be renewed and this is very frequent in India. Restaurant is quite ok but we had to send bach some chicken which was not cooked inside and showed some blood. Wifi is on payment

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I stayed here for a couple of days in may 2013. although it was horrible summer outside, bt rooms were good, spacious, restaurent staff was very good, and helpful. May be i visited during off-season so guests were very less...
Bath tub was not working for my room (Room no 206) .
One sugestion i want to give to management of usha bundela... I've visited many hotels across globe, and seen giving guests a smile is above of all gestures...
Swimming pool was also not in working condition...
overall it was average...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Stayed one night on a GAdventures tour. The hotel is located in a tourist complex north of the airport and very near the Western Temples. Usha Bundela had a ‘Holiday Inn’ feel (i.e., not at all charming) and appeared to be built for group tours. Our ground floor room was clean and everything worked. Like the lobby area, the room was surprisingly large, with a minimum of furniture, and rather dark even though it faced the garden. The bed was on the firm/hard side and, for our tastes, not that comfortable. The morning breakfast buffet was quite ample and appetizing. Unlike other hotels we stayed in, there was a charge for Wi-Fi (100Rs/hr), and guests reported that the connection was not good. The staff was not particularly friendly and porters and servers lingered about expecting a tip. In short, the Usha Bundela was OK for one night, but I would suggest looking at alternative hotels in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I stayed here during a group tour in a room to myself on the ground floor not far from the entrance area.

It was a large room with a very high ceiling which made it seem even more spacious. My friends had the room next door and the colour in their room was blue. Nicely coordinated.

The bed was comfortable and I slept well. The bathroom was okay - mine had a bathtub as well. I had an issue with the toilet not flushing properly and had to get someone to come and look at it. Seems it was a common thing as others in our group had the same issue.

There is a nice bar upstairs and a restaurant on the ground floor where we had a lovely dinner one night as well as breakfast the next day.

The hotel was in a good location and we walked from the hotel into town for a look at the shops. There were a lot of hawkers who followed and hassled us and were hard to shake.

The grounds were well kept and the pool did look inviting if only it had been warmer!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 27, 2014

This place is by far one of the most disgusting place I have EVER seen, and the staff are clueless, worthless, unprofessional and just rude, the worst of all was the general manager Sharad Raina. I was booked at this hotel from COmpass India, on my 17 trek in and around India/Nepal, and out of all the hotels booked on my behalf this was one of the only hotels that concerned me due to their terrible reviews, which I mentioned to both the travel company as well as personally to the hotel, getting an email back from this GM telling me "we've never had any problems before..", which I knew was a complete lie! So I gave them the benefit of the doubt, which I should have never did, and I'm writing this detailed review so nobody else has to be treated as bad as I was, please do me a favor and stay as far away from this nasty disgusting 1 star if that hotel, this place needs to be torn down with their staff still in the building.

Came in this afternoon and immediately told that there was a fee to get on the internet (old slow antique computer), went to the room, and immediately notice green mold growing around the shower head, toilet didn't flush unless (as instructed) to hold the handle down for an extended period of time, their was a weird smell in the room, as well as the refrigerator. And worst for me, I like to watch movies or tv (in english) before I fall asleep, no channels whatsover for over 4 hours, listening to excuse after excuse, getting more upset with being blown off, I approached one of the front desk staff he tells me "if you don't like it here you can leave...we don't care..", basically telling me to just leave because they don't want to here how terrible this place really is; insulted by his words, I asked to have the same GM called (who wrote me back the email), he finally shows up close to 6pm (way over 5 hours after coming into this hellhole), he comes out points his finger in my face tells me "you have 5 minutes to get out....I'm not doing anything for you..", I told him gladly you should have paid me for rabi shots at this flea trap.

The hotel lobby is very hot, asked them "why the ac was off in the lobby", without getting an answer.

I hope and pray this helps anybody contemplating in staying at this overpriced, unprofessional, clearly don't care about their guest whatsoever. BEWARE!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank tammyBaltimore_Md
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We just used it in the night. They first gave us room 126. The Wash basin was not fixed properly. The water instead of going into the basin, was flowing on the counter and falling on the ground thereby making the whole bathroom floor wet. After our request to change the room, they changed us to room 132. I found the same type of problem here also. The flush was not working properly and the toilet bowl was dirty. WATER was not at all flowing in the bath/shower cubicle. One has to stand in a pool of dirty water in the shower place after taking bath. This is the sort of room which they gave us. Only the outside area looks great, but lot of dust in the lounge area. The room had pillow covers, towels etc all dirty and stinking.
The breakfast tables were also very dirty. The linens had left over food pieces and dirt. The breakfast was okay.
I am sure the hotel has clean and comfortable rooms, but i think as we had booked through Agoda at a discounted rate, we were allotted this kind of room. The curtain at the end of the corridor in front of our room was so dirty and cobwebbed. I don't think anybody has bothered to notice the curtain or to clean it.
Overall I had a very disappointing experience in this place.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank loki_knows
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Large hotel with renovated lobby and lounge area. Room was spacious and somewhat clean. Wifi price was very steep to other hotels we stayed in India and the connectivity was very unstable. Bathroom was usable, but note that hot water is past 5:30 am and is still warm at that point. Overall a disappointing stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple