“Comfortable stay, freshly made food and very hospitable”

The Lalit Temple View Khajuraho
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Khajuraho
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I decided to go for my birthday to khajuraho. The staff was very helpful at the hotel. The chicken kathi roll was very very good. . However the chicken tikka was uncooked. They also arranged for a cake and dressed the room a bit for my birthday eve. It made it very special for me. I would highly recommend you to stay at Lalit as they take a personal interest in making your trip special as well as comfortable.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Debasish C, General Manager at The Lalit Temple View Khajuraho, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear Coriousjayu,

Namaskar !!!!

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback of your recent stay with us at The LaLiT Temple View Khajuraho, India.

Your kind words of appreciation, about the various hotel services and facilities, would certainly go a long way in boosting the morale of the team. The LaLiT Temple View Temple View, Khajuraho endeavors to improve and excel in everything it does on a day to day basis. Our focus is to ensure, our esteemed guests like yourself, are most comfortable and well looked after.

We have also noted your feedback with regards to the (Front Desk) and the same has been taken up with the concerned head of departments for immediate corrective action. We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please write me a mail at dchandra@thelalit.com the next time you are visiting Khajuraho so that we can look after you, well.

We look forward to your support and patronage to The LaLiT Temple View Khajuraho and also welcome you back to your home.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I was very disappointed with the stay at the Lalit in Khajurao. While most of their properties have lived up to their image – this was a total let down.

First – their service is not up to the mark. Sleepy staff greeting you. None of the staff took the effort to tell us anything about the property or tell us about any cultural events they organize – we had to ask them. Two, the rooms are just average and very low on value for money. The bar in the room is over priced. The bathroom does not a have tub and is very narrow. Our AC stopped working at mid night and we had to call the electrician and very spookily there was this one light that was switching on and off by itself – it was really spooky! After agreeing that there was an issue with the circuit – they took about 30 minutes to change our room. Next morning, we had to wait eternally for the staff to get our luggage from the other room.

You speak to any staff (other than the restaurant) and you can be sure that they will not give you an answer.

While they did offer to give us a10 % discount (after much arguing) and pack food for the journey back it was too late. The trip had already gone downhill by then. The temple view is almost a delusion – the temples are a good 10-15 minute walk from the hotel.

Among the few things working for them is the food – Panna, the in-house restaurant serves just delicious food. Though the cutlery was smelly and had to be sent back. The breakfast spread is also more than decent. Given that the staff will not take the effort to tell you – they have a painter on board and the guy is just astonishing. His paintings are unique and worth a buy! He also plays the flute – which is soothing!

Overall, I wouldn’t spend my money here again.

Room Tip: Almost all rooms are the same.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NishSatyam
Reviewed March 25, 2014

The hotel lived up to the Lalit reputation. We had a very good view of the temples from our room and the staff were extremely attentive and courteous. Room service was really fast. Absolutely no complaints. Suggestion for the hotel management - breakfast spread could certainly made more interesting. We justify the title by saying that we ate at other hotels also in khajuraho but they missed out on either the ambience or the food. Oh, the audio part of the sound and light show in the hotel was simply superb.

Room Tip: Take a room on the first floor
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Lene,
Namaskar !

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback of your recent stay with us at The LaLiT Temple View Temple View, Khajuraho, India.

Please write me a mail at dchandra@thelalit.com, the next time you are visiting Khajuraho, so that we can look after you, well.

We look forward to your support and patronage to The LaLiT Temple View Temple View, Khajuraho and also welcome you back to your home.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

At my request my travel agent in India booked this hotel for me. It sounded like an ideal property, close tot he Temples and with a Temple View.

On my arrival I was greeted with a lovely glass of watermelon juice and then taken to reception to register. I was asked if I wanted a ground floor room or one on the 1st Floor and when I asked if it had a Temple View I was told that the room I had been assigned was not even in the Hotel but in an Annex!! To say I was disappointed is an understatement. I then asked about getting something to eat since I was leaving on a tour in 45 minutes. i was told that I could go to the restaurant or order from room service. I went to the restaurant and after eating was taken by car with my luggage to the "Annex" before my tour started.

It is past the parking lot and taxi stand, up a path that passes all the satellite dishes behind a chain link fence and then further up the path on the right hand side there are 2 buildings facing each other across a courtyard. This turned out to be where my room was, it was a 2 story building and once inside again I was asked if I wanted a ground floor or 1st floor room. The front door was unlocked, while I was there it was never locked, and we entered into a hallway where there were 2 wings with rooms on either side and a staircase up to the 1st floor. Since I wasn't even in the hotel but an annex I just took the ground floor room, Room # 9120.

The room was large and with a large bathroom but it was beyond chilly and I had to ask for a heater so I could be comfortable. I was assured that a heater would be delivered and so I went on a short tour of the Eastern Temples, later that evening I was going on another tour so after seeing the Eastern Temples I was driven back to the "Annex" where I went to my room. While looking around I found that there wasn't an information brochure about any of the amenities offered or even a menu for room service and the heater hadn't been delivered.

I walked back to reception where I asked for all the missing items and walked back to my room to get ready for the evening tour. At last, a porter came with everything I had requested and while waiting for my guide I read the information brochure with all the amenities that the LaLit was offering all its guests. Imagine my surprise when I read that every room had a peephole for security, and good locks on the doors. Well, the key that opened the door to let you inside the room was also the key that you used to lock the door from inside the room once you were inside and it certainly didn't seem very secure. There was also supposed to be a map on the door for a quick exit in case of fire, a safe, a hair dryer and a coffee/tea maker; none of these items existed in the room I was given. It also mentioned if you wanted something from room service it would take at least 30 minutes or possibly more to be delivered to your room. Good thing I decided to eat in the restaurant before my 1st tour rather then request room service.

After the night tour and back at the hotel proper before I went to get dinner I asked reception if I could get a hair dryer and was assured that it would be delivered. Before I left to go back to the "Annex" I reminded reception about my request for the hair dryer and this time I did ask to be driven back to the "Annex" since it was dark and also quite deserted along the path.

Back at my room I waited for the dryer to be delivered but eventually gave up and got ready for bed. The dryer never did arrive and it was just as well since there wasn't a single electrical outlet in the bathroom.

In the morning when I went to check out, I asked, very calmly, to speak to a manager to voice my dissatisfaction. with the lack of service and the fact I had been given a room in the "Annex". By the way, nowhere on their website is there any mention of an "Annex". While waiting for the manager I was asked for my credit card so the restaurant charges could be paid, as I hesitated since I wanted to discuss what had transpired with my stay, the receptionist asked in a very demanding way for my credit card while telling me that the manager was on his way. When I did surrender my card for the charges she did not ask me if I want the bill charged in Rupees or USD, when I did get my bill it had been charged in USD.

The manager did arrive shortly after this and I explained all that had happened from the time I checked into the hotel until I was checking out. He seemed quite apologetic and said he would speak to his "team" about my dissatisfaction and concerns which really was not very helpful to me, I did feel that since the charges on my restaurant bill were quite small, less than 1200 Rupees, he could have waived them but he didn't.

When I checked into this Hotel I was given a form letter which stated "We are delighted to have you stay with us, to provide a perfect boutique experience, with 47 luxurious rooms and suites." The letter continues "Newly restructured rooms are equipped with all modern in room facilities" It was signed by Mr. Debashish Chandra, Unit Head.

I unfortunately did not have a "perfect boutique experience " and I certainly did not have one of the "47 luxurious rooms" mentioned in the letter. I was appalled by a seeming lack of indifference to my concerns and I certainly would never stay here again or at any of their other properties.

Room Tip: Do not accept rooms in the "Annex", they are isolated and I felt very insecure staying the...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
7  Thank judytraveller
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Went across for a meal and was pleasantly surprised to find the Hotel extremely aesthetic and well designed.The gardens are beautifully laid out & we had a great lunch on the patio.The buffet had great choices and was delicious.The staff were extremely polite & helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank dipsDee

Namaskar !

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback of your recent visit to The LaLiT Temple View Temple View, Khajuraho, India.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Although not the Oberoi level, I cannot say one bad thing about this hotel. The room and the property were very nice. The service was cordial and attentive. The location was excellent and the food was quite good. We especially enjoyed the evening barbecue and the breakfast was enjoyable as well.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Debasish C, General Manager at The Lalit Temple View Khajuraho, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Dear Guest:

Reviewed February 28, 2014

We recently celebrated our 1st Wedding Anniversary here and I could not have asked for a better experience.

The temples, the people in this town and the town itself with its pollution free clean air makes it worth the trip. To add to it if you get a home away from home to rest at night – you are set for a memorable trip.

Don’t expect 5 Star luxury because this is not the place to have grand hotels. This hotel is a perfect complement to the town. It is very serene with its huge, well manicured beautiful lawns and gardens. The room we stayed in was spacious and well lit owing to huge glass windows that offered a lovely view of the gardens. The beds were very comfortable. Overall the entire place is very well maintained.

The staff is very helpful and friendly. Right from Devendra the front office manager who willingly helped me put together this surprise for my husband, Ashish the F&B manager who was only too happy to offer customized meal if you don’t like what you see on the menu. Even the service staff at the restaurant treats you as they would a guest at home. I spend one entire morning just enjoying tea and some hot paranthas at the Panna restaurant lawns bathed in pleasant sunshine. I can still smell the freshness and feeling of peace from that morning.

Another advantage that the Lalit has is the location. It is located at a walking distance from the western group of temples which are also the main temples. You can pretty much visit them just when you please with no advance planning on conveyance etc.

I had a lovely stress free two days and came back feeling refreshed. I would most definitely make a second trip.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LVS_E
Debasish C, General Manager at The Lalit Temple View Khajuraho, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear Guest: