All reviewsvalue for moneyhot waterrooms are spacious and cleanroof terracerailway stationhotel is locatedwestern group of templesa lovely staymain templewi fiwalkable distanceroom was largevery helpful staffspecial thanksindian foodkhajuraho templespanna tiger reserve
Reviewed November 29, 2016

Service Highly Quality
Room confortable and nice, hot water and very, very clean
Location very god,
The staff was very, very friendly and helpful
Beautiful terrace
Thank you, Hotel Isabel Palace, we come back!!!

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tomas P
Isabelpalace2011, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Isabel Palace, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback of your recent stay with us at Hotel Isabel Palace, Khajuraho, India.
We really appreciate that you took time to leave your feeling about us on tripadvisor.

Reviewed November 27, 2016

Me and my wife stayed for three nights and two days in this hotel in November, 2016. The stay was confortable. Our room was very spacious, and clean. The location of the hotel is a bit out of the way, but it is not far away from the main road. The hotel is more suitable for travellers having their own vehicle. We faced no problem as we had a local nice auto wallah for all our needs. Although we would have loved to have breakfast included in our room, due to some technical goof up, we could not get it included. Still we tried their breakfast (on extra payment basis) and were not satisfied. Room service too was very slow. They only provided soap and shampoo as toiletries. But all the shortcomings were compensated by the behaviour of their staff, which was very cooperative.

Room Tip: Stay here only if you have your own conveyance.
  • Stayed: November 2016, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 26, 2016

Beautiful hotel. Very clean. Hot water and wifi are nice commodities. Staff are super nice and helpful. Beautiful roof top terrace where you can enjoy many tea or any meals from the restaurant. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank Phuong T

Reviewed November 23, 2016 via mobile

I had a lovely stay at Isabel Palace! The staff was so helpful and kind. They arranged for a barber to come and cut my hair and they took a group of guests to a nice location to watch the sunset. I would absolutely stay there again and I highly recommend it! :)

Stayed: November 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank Anna D
Isabelpalace2011, Manager at Hotel Isabel Palace, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2016

Reviewed November 23, 2016 via mobile

This was my second stay in a six week tour of India . Oh if I knew then what I know now! The constant harassment of up sell is uncomfortable if not unbearable.

It starts the second you are picked up if you pre-arranged your taxi. I'm sure many reviewers may find this overly friendly advice helpful. These guys are on commission, make no mistake.

I found it fine the first day as I actually wanted a day tour taxi. Don't make the mistake of wanting the next day to relax though !!! You will be constantly harassed by staff every time you venture from your room with a new marketing scheme to the waterfall. I grew up near Niagara Falls , you aren't going to impress me much!

If you don't want the AC TAXI waterfall tour, next you will be offered the non-AC, next the tuk tuk. I made the mistake of expressing interest in a JEEP like vehicle since I have a Wrangler. Instead of any actual sincere conversation , I realized this was used as another scheme to get me to go to the waterfall. ( First commission guy sent second commission Jeep guy to talk to me )

Since I refused all of the above, my guy on commission became more desperate . He offered to take me by motor bike . He was sad because he didn't get to see his family and if only I would take the waterfall tour he would get to see them and introduce me to them . Ok , Canadians are polite but not morons !!!

The hotel itself is fine. The breakfast was pitiful. I only stayed two nights but the electricity went out twice. No back-up generators so don't bother paying for AC.

WIFI was sketchy to say the least. Definitely not available in my room but after asking 3 times to reset it I could pick it up in the lobby sometimes.

Cleanliness was abysmal. A million bugs lined my hall . I mentioned it during breakfast but they were cleaned up late afternoon. Public bathrooms were disgusting. When I commented on it, I was told not to mention it on trip advisor.

Bottom line, any good reviews here were "smoozed" by the staff. Perhaps by people that haven't really travelled India. The worst tourist conniving / harassing trap in my 6 week tour.

Stayed: November 2016, traveled solo