“Great little hotel”

Hotel Isabel Palace
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Khajuraho
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

I stayed a couple nights an I felt welcomed like family. Friendly staff and owner. I had dinner and the food was fairly good. My room was clean and well furnished and I had a balcony opening on the little garden. Waking up with the sun and sipping my chai on it was probably the best part!
Last but not least, the hotel is a walking distance from the village and the temples (for those who want it is quite easy to find rickshaw or tuk tuk) and close from the airport and train station.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Isabelpalace2011, General Manager at Hotel Isabel Palace, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback of your recent stay with us at Hotel Isabel Palace, Khajuraho, India.
We really appreciate that you took time to leave your feeling about us on tripadvisor.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I spent two great nights in this beatiful hotel!!!! Rooms are very nice and clean. You can see awesome sunsets in the rooftop. The food at the restaurant is also great, no need to go out. The best of this hotel is the excellent service. Peple treat you as part of the family, specially Surendra is always taking care of you. We were very pleased. For sure I recomend it!! the best option in Khajuraho.

Room Tip: this hotel is a must in Khajuraho.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mariana H
Isabelpalace2011, Manager at Hotel Isabel Palace, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2014

Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

We only spent a night here but we felt at home right away. The staff was great with us, the room was perfect and everything was new and clean. Food was excellent too - we really enjoyed the continental food at a time when our stomachs couldn't take any more Indian! Walking distance to the temples too. They have a new gift shop opening with really nice things, but the prices seen need high to me. In any case, highly recommend this place!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DawnBC

Reviewed February 24, 2014

There's nothing seriously wrong with this place and in many ways it's very nice. An impressive, new (2 years old, but not self-consciously 'modern') building, spacious rooms with balcony, big firm beds, some decent touches of service - beer served with mini-poppadoms, heater in the room etc. The young local guys who run the place are keen to impress, maybe they just need to work a little on some of the details. With advance apologies for the sexist clichee - in some aspects Hotel Isabel Palace felt like it needed a bit of the proverbial "woman's touch". For example, the breakfast room was cold (the breakfast wasn't much warmer), corridors are a bit dingy, and one of the public toilets I used was a bit dishevelled. Also, when I tried to get online on the in-house computers the guys sort of helped, but didn't follow it through to a conclusion - result, I couldn't get online (I couldn't use the wifi, which worked fine, because my fine was broken). There was a bit of an issue with the water supply in the room at one point too - running only hot (very). Overall though, I would certainly recommend Hotel Isabel Palace. It's got a peaceful, quite rural, location if you fancy a kilometre or so stroll or ride into town. It's well away from the noise and hustle of the small centre of Khajuraho. The owners are very approachable and keen to please and, as quite a new hotel, they seemed genuinely interested in feedback, which is always a good sign for a start up.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travelboffin
Isabelpalace2011, Manager at Hotel Isabel Palace, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2014

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We are gourp of 12 people and stay 2 nights in Khajuraho, i found even this hotel for my group by TA and fully satisfied for my group, even my group also enjoy to stay their and we had buffet dinner for both 2 days and every day they serve diffrant menu. and even buffet breakfast is also very good.
Staff is friendly
Rooms are clean
out of the city so good for relaxation & peace from the city
ofcourse using this hotel for my next groups as well.
thanks to all
Sanjeev Duggal

Room Tip: select the forst floor rooms for your stay
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Sanjeev_Duggal

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Hotel Isabel Palace is more an experience than a hotel. We felt that we were part of some sort of situation comedy. The place itself is very clean and the service is excellent, but it the owners who make it so unusual. These young men scamper all over the place trying to outdo each other in making you happy. We stayed in Khajuraho for three days - fabulous city - and enjoyed the kooky ambience of the hotel immensely.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I had a very short stay in Khajuraho in the 1st week of Feb.'14 but this hotel made it up. I regret not spending much time here. This Hotel has got good stay arrangements, staff (especially Mr. Surendra), is courteous & ever ready to help, cleanliness and hygiene is very good. They arranged my pickup from Khajuraho Rly Stn even in the late hours and the Taxiwala (Chatresh Taxi Services) didn't charge me exhorbitantly. They are all very wonderful & caring people out there.
Restaurant is decent & food served is sumptuous and comes at a very reasonable price. Though the garden is not exactly so big as it appears in the pictures, the view from the balconies is quite soothing. Hotel Rooms & Bathrooms are spacious and clean. The hotel is newly constructed and is well maintained.
If you are not a lavish spender on hotels but still expect a royale treatment, this hotel is for you.
All in all, the hotel, staff, surroundings are all good. A must see place and a must visit hotel.
--Haresh Nagrani from Mumbai

Room Tip: Go for 1st floor rooms so that the view from the balcony can be thoroughly enjoyed.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Haresh N
Isabelpalace2011, General Manager at Hotel Isabel Palace, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Hotel Isabel palace, Khajuraho !

Your kind words of appreciation, about the various hotel services and facilities, would certainly go a long way in boosting the morale of the team. Hotel Isabel palace, Khajuraho endeavors to improve and excel in everything it does on a day to day basis. Our focus is to ensure, our esteemed guests like yourself, are most comfortable and well looked after.

+91 9893163287,+91 9981295738 ./mail me at hotelisabelpalace@gmail.com

We look forward to your support and patronage to Hotel Isabel palace, Khajuraho and also welcome you back to your home.

We hope to be of service to you in the future .