See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 26, 2014 via mobile

Cramped but clean budget rooms, with AC. Helpful staff. Walking distance from the western group of temples, and most restaurants. Two ATMs close by. Ask for lake view rooms. Best to use as basecamp for temple exploring.

Stayed: September 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ananya_Roy
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

I am a high school English teacher in Gifu City in Japan. My name is Masahide Taniguchi. I do recomend this hotel. Everything is fine. I am sure this hotel is by far the best in Kajuraho. Especially the owner is very kind and reliabale. He is able to speak English and Japanese very well. Wi-fy is free and in very condition. The cottage cheese and plain rice are very tasty and remind me of Japan. I do apprecitate the owner for making this trip excellent. Thank you so much. I am leaving for Varanasi now. See you again.

• Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank 雅英 谷
Reviewed July 16, 2014

After checking out of Zen hotel where I was staying ASAP in the morning due to a night of intermittent power and waking up to no running water I stumbled across Lakeside Hotel.

I was in search of breakfast but as it was low season the restaurant wasn't open. However the owner, Avinash, who was sat in the lobby was kindly able to provide tea instead. Over a long chat about yoga, meditation and life I looked around his hotel and a few of the 20 or so rooms.

It has an impressive location opposite the lake. With lotus flowers in full bloom and the Western temples a stones throw away, which you can see peeking over the tree-tops from the rooftop of the hotel. I'm assured that it's a great place to watch the sunrise and sunset.

As the hotel doesn't feature in lonely planet I had not noticed it the day before whilst searching for a hotel. However after seeing the rooms and the location if I was to go back to Khajuraho I would definitely consider this option.

Away from the main street that houses most of the hotels you don't get pounched on by touts as soon as you leave the door. The owner stressed to me his negative feelings about Khajuraho and the relentless touts that unfortunately it is known for. Hoping that in the future and with more fuss made about the problem it could change for the better.

With Avinash being president of the Khajuraho Hotel Association I imagine a stay here you would be well looked after and valued. With any issue that you might have solved in a professional manner.

Doesn't have WiFi, but that is available in most of the nearby restaurants.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank nahnah20
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

The hotel offers different room types and the best are those with lake views. These rooms are huge, clean, and has a balcony.

The hotel is a few minutes walk to the temple complex.

The owner is very friendly and helpful and speaks fluent Japanese.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stayed on this nice hotel and is very good, the people from the front desk are really helpfull, you can get hot wáter in the shawer, the place is very clean, the location is excelent because you can go by wolk just in one minute to the main temples, but the best thing its that you can get free meditation teach in a perfect explanation with a excelent view to the main temples, the ownwe of this hotel (Mr Avinash Tiwari) is a really interesting person and he have a very very good knowlege about meditation and breathing excercice (Pranayam), anyone who are interested about this knowlege at practice ask to the front desk for the owner.

So i recomend this place because they make me feel like at home, and the staff take care of you anytime.

Im so sorry for my english but its not my mother languaje.

Room Tip: i looked for this hotel on trip advisor, and because a lot of friends of recomended.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends