“Great experience”

25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

Well I cant comment on the process of purchasing tickets independently as this train journey was organised as part of our tour of North India but I can say that it was a great experience. walking through the masses of local people with all eyes on you certainly high lighted you as a visitor amongst the locals with quiet/ shy smiles and sometimes laughter- but it all added to being at the station.
Second class trains sped through at a reasonable pace absolutely loaded with people, which made you think about your pending journey, luckily when the Shatabdi Express finally rolled into view and we boarded it was actually very comfortable. (we were advised that you may have to ask someone to vacate your pre-paid seat but this situation never arose.) The passing scenery was a delight to view. Wonderful experience.

Visited April 2014
7 Thank robcc1971

New Delhi, Delhi, India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Shatabdi Express”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

The executive chair car is very comfortable. It allows you to relax and the food and services offered are very good

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Alok B
Brisbane
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Smooth and Comfy Ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

During my last annual vacations, I visited Nainital in December 2013. I travelled on this train from Kathgodam to Vasant Vihar (New Delhi). This was my third journey on Shatabdi Express. There is good space to put your luggage in this train. Seats are very comfortable. Kids had a very good time in this journey. The staff were very concerned about the safety of people. They even announced the mobile phone number of their team leader so that people can give the feedback about their journey. Food served was okay too. If you are planning to go to Nainital from New Delhi, I will strongly recommend to travel by this train.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Hasan S
Durban, South Africa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Cheaper option”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

Used the Shatabdi express from Chandigarh to Delhi was a fairly good experience, the coach was clean, enough luggage storage space and suitable food provided on board. We arrived punctually at our destination. Will probably consider using it again

Visited January 2014
5 Thank Neera N
Dharamsala, India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Getting Scammed Even ON the Train by Its Own Employees!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

Very disappointed with Shatabdi for allowing its customers to be extorted while ON the train by their own staff. I can't blame this company for the touters who rob tourists out of their money AT THE STATION, but allowing its employees to do the same while onboard the train is despicable. The cost of my trip from Jaipur to Agra was significantly greater than the cost of the bus, but I thought it'd be worthwhile. Unfortunately, I was wrong. First, though, I will start with the good. 1. The train arrived on time. 2. The seat was relatively comfortable. Now for the bad. 1. For backpackers and budget travellers, the price is much too high- a quick three-and-a-half hour journey for two from Jaipur to Agra is well over 2,000rs. 2. The food was dismal at best. 3. The workers serving you are full of tricks to make you feel pressured and obliged to give them 100 rupees per person extra for the meal that was included in the cost of the ticket. I truly hope this act is not approved by the company, but rather a ploy devised by the two particular men employed on this particular train. I've heard such good things about Shatabdi and find this experience rather unfortunate, as I'd hoped to travel with them for upcoming trips around India, but certainly will not now considering this incident. Before bidding us farewell, the men serving the breakfast onboard the train went around pointing to 100 rupees notes and demanding each person pay this as a "Service charge." If somebody was asleep they would suggest their neighbour wake them, or otherwise suggest they cover the charge on their behalf if traveling together. I find their demanding additional money to be outrageous, especially considering the fact that a luxury sleeper bus is a fraction of the cost and is without this sort of scamming. How could such a reputable company allow this? Just for anybody considering the same itinerary, this was the 7:05am train from Jaipur to Agra seated in 1AC. The train number was 12035 and this occurred on Dec. 15 2013. I have a few months of travel ahead of me, but will NOT ever travel again with Shatabdi Express considering this sort of deceit.

Visited December 2013