Westerners should not be put off by the term "resort" which conjures pictures in the mind of rowdiness within a large encampment. This is in fact a very peaceful Bed and Breakfast, comprising three smallish buildings within a site of, I guess, about an acre. Most of the plot is towards the back of the site and is as yet undeveloped.
Rooms are extremely clean, modern and simply furnished - no shampoo though. We had two in a block of three which were newly completed. There were some snagging problems with water, and particularly hot water due to the geyser being turned off inadvertently. However, they were very quickly (within minutes) resolved by Rajesh or his staff. A/C and Satellite TV worked wonderfully in these rooms, both of which were particularly appreciated.
You will see that a recurrent theme in Karthika reviews is the much appreciated free taxi service to/from the beach/town/train station and the excellence of Rajesh and the other staff. The taxi service really is a boon because although the beach is only 5 minutes away by car, and I estimate could be walked in around 15/20 minutes, the 31C heat was such that we never did walk.
With regard to our hosts, they were always there with a big smile, a joke and helpful suggestions, whenever we needed them, no matter the time of day. They truly went the extra mile - a blanket for the beach; extra towels when we got back from the beach; a pot of tea when we asked; cold bottled water; advice re' restaurants, early breakfast etc etc. Our stay in Varkala was made so much more enjoyable by the team and all that has been said about them is absolutely true and well deserved. You can happily book here with great confidence. You will definitely be looked after very well indeed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Karthika Plaza Resort an elegant holiday accommodation is the favourite choice for travellers worldwide who are looking for an unforgettable get away stay. The combination of comfort , location , great breakfasts, Calm and relaxed atmosphere surrounded by coconut palms , rich greenery , humming birds and dedicated guest care staff makes your stay memorable. Each of the guest rooms are pleasingly appointed and offers a private bath with shower. AC Non AC Single, Twin / Double, Suite and Special connected family rooms. free WIFI and satellite television. The Inn is just a short walking distance to the beach. In minutes guests may walk to downtown attractions. Guest Review Award 2016 and Trip Advisor 2017 Excellence Award (3rd) are the distinction given based on reviews and recommendations by guests on recognizing our exceptional service. Traditional home made breakfast and meals on request. Enjoy our Traditional vegetarian meals. We promote organic food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Karthika Plaza Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Karthika Plaza Tourist Hotel Varkala
- Karthika Plaza Resort Varkala, Kerala