The rooms we stayed in were recently built across the street and are laid out differently than the poolside rooms. There were no hangers/wardrobe and the electricity is not on a generator. They did give us a slight discount and there is a hammock and table/chairs outside the room. The service is inconsistent (depending on the dude you talk to).
Swimming pool for the kids (the hotels along the cliff mostly don't have pools)
Location close to cliff but need to bring torch after dark (must have item in India anyway)
Breakfast is not bad at all - juice, toast, eggs, fruit, local breakfast, etc
Husband got sick eating the curry one night
Power of room not on generator so TV and AC goes on and off
Provided the limited choices of hotels in Varkala with swimming pool, this is not a bad choice at all especially if you have a poolside room. For the price of $45 per night, we are ok with staying at the back cottages.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just 200 metres from the Papanasam cliff at Varkala, Deshadan offers the best of everything. Be it the cuisine, the facilities or the comforts. At Deshadan you can explore a wide variety of holiday pleasures. Once you have had your fill of the beach choose to laze around in the deluxe A/C rooms facing the pool. Rest assured with mouth watering dishes with smiling service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Deshadan Cliff & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Deshadan Cliff And Beach Resort
- Deshadan Cliff & Beach Hotel Varkala
- Deshadan Cliff & Beach Resort Varkala, Kerala